"A Red Letter Day" - Half-Life and Portal build (WIP. Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Da Moose

Hello 405th, I'm back with another suit!

I originally promised myself I wouldn't do another suit, because they take so much time. Well, I broke that promise. I'm doing two builds at the same time, a Half-Life build and a Portal build.

This time around I'm going for a specific character instead of a custom suit. I'm sure most of you guys here know who Gordon Freeman and Chell are, and the fact that Portal and Half-Life exist in the same universe. Well, I'm building Freeman's Hazard suit for myself, and Chell's long fall boots and jumpsuit for my girlfriend.

I've been working on the Hazard suit since Christmas break, and I just finished pepping the last piece Sunday night. I have finished a few things, so I'll stop rambling and post some progress.

The pictures I'm posting are of each piece in their current state.
IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

^Right gauntlet
IMG_1322.jpg

^Left
IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

313702_4348239223657_178627285_n.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

^The belt is made out of foam. And the first major piece I've ever made with it. I'm fairly happy with the results.
163300_4415442183689_2081814914_n.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

There's all the progress I have on the suit. I do plan on making a custom undersuit for it as well, considering how much of it shows. I'm gonna try and do some more work this weekend, so hopefully I have some more updates soon.

Now, for Chell. I pepped the right boot once using bevbor's model. They were really strong once I had them resined and fiberglassed. However, they don't fit human proportions well right, so I gave up on the pep. Meaning, they will be a scratch build! My girlfriend is currently on vacation, so when she gets back, we have to go buy boots to use as a base model. So there won't be any more updates for about two weeks.

Here is a little teaser of what's to come.
IMG_1303.jpg

And finally, I managed to get my hands on one of these!
307418_4454542161164_429928480_n.jpg

I was really looking forward to building a portal gun, but then NECA announced they were making one. Its not worth it to me to spend the time on a detailed build like this one when a replica already exist. I also managed to get a pre-order for NECA's Gravity Gun when it comes out in April. So I'm super excited.

That's it for now! Tell me what you guys think, and look forward to updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back