Gundam- Sinaju Helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn696

Sr Member
the Gundam MSN-06S Sinaju helmet.

Starting this build this weekend. This build will be a first for many things for me.
1.) This is my first pro build.
2.) This will be my fist silicon molded prop.
3.) This is my first Charity prop.

Needless to say this should be a fun build to watch.:cool
Next this will be molded and cast in multiple parts. Casting #001 will be custom painted and decal'd, so it can go to my clients favorite Charity. I will post more on this Charity as we get closer to finishing the helmet.

EDIT:
As I look at this pep/paper model I just can't thinking about how many hours of Bondo sculpting it will take to smooth it out and then start adding all the detail....then It came to me, I don't have to do everything alone any more. I'm part of a team now. So I asked Jacob, One of the master modelers over at Stony Props if he could smooth this out a bit. Needless to say I will be starting this 2nd file this weekend. I was going to build this helmet 3-4 times just to get everything right but Jacob will be cutting that time down for me. :)

Stony Prop's very own master modeler Jacob revised the concept helmet for me so here you go.
New vs Old.

th_sides_zps65dc7371.pngth_3_zpsd8f115d2.png

Next weekend I'll be working on the New base file :D
Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on this build Thorne, can't wait to see it all come together, I know its going to turn out awesome

Good luck on this build Thorne, can't wait to see it all come together, I know its going to turn out awesome

Looking good Thorn!

already subscribed, ive been waiting for this for a while lol. :)

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

As you can see in the Edit, The Stony Props crew added a new twist to this build for me. Yes... I now have a New file to work with. It is in a HD format and closer the the toy. So I will be doing that file this weekend. The work he did on this in just one afternoon is so amazing.

:DThanks again Jacob. :D

Stony Props Facebook ---->http://www.facebook.com/StonyProps

Side note: This helmet will be cast in a 7.5 size to fit most people. I didn't want to see some win it then not be able to wear it. :)

Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within Reach. ;)

I'm re-booting this build this weekend I will post pic's on Monday. Welcome back 405th. :)

Oooo! Really looking forward to this one as I have a freedom strike suit in the works (one day:)). Not sure if you have seen all my updates lately but I have been a busy boy. Well off to get one of the sides of my Ironman helmet mother mould done.
Subbed.

Wait you didn't see the pics??? I saw the helmet and it looks AWESOME! Great job so far thorn. Can't wait to see more! and SUB
(Saw the pic in his album, which i click on the picture in the 1st post. page 3:))

Thorn thread = instant subscription. Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

Oooo! Really looking forward to this one as I have a freedom strike suit in the works (one day:)). Not sure if you have seen all my updates lately but I have been a busy boy. Well off to get one of the sides of my Ironman helmet mother mould done.
Subbed.

Soooooo where are the pics man?? lol

Wait you didn't see the pics??? I saw the helmet and it looks AWESOME! Great job so far thorn. Can't wait to see more! and SUB
(Saw the pic in his album, which i click on the picture in the 1st post. page 3:))

Thanks Halex, It's nice to know people are into my work.
As always it's great to see you here Drack, I will be taking this build slow but, it will be over the top. :D
Mstruvmgc, Here are the latest pics.
Thanks Satsugai, I just added the newest pic's of the new pep to go with the old.

th_1045011_10200150108144359_168443023_n_zps53333346.jpgth_1000483_10200150106264312_387611584_n_zps977bbf32.jpgth_968794_10200150106064307_2108676562_n_zps2acdd028.jpg

Till the next time:
Build something....

Don't be afraid to Dream. ;)

Saw it on FaceBook first and forgot to comment here too. :p
It's looking awesome so far! Nice and clean as always.

the Gundam MSN-06S Sinaju helmet.

And Now it's time to post some real pic's of this project after being gone for a few months.
The base pep is now done.

1175545_10200491845767586_1699924784_n_zpse230eaae.jpg

th_1235424_10200491846727610_1195769989_n_zps20ee9195.jpgth_559216_10200491844847563_1805625478_n_zpsb406dfef.jpgth_1150218_10200491845407577_1540838585_n_zps4363dd43.jpgth_557408_10200491844167546_1188874506_n_zpsd6e01054.jpg

Build something....

Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

Looks nice and clean. Knowing you it probably pales in comparison for what is to come.
Thank you Spartan IV. Yes this is just the start of something special.

Looking good Thorn!
I have to say that I'm very happy to see this build coming back to life!
I'll be watchin bud!
Thank you Cereal Killl3r, This going to be one of those builds that will be both fun and interesting to watch.

Thats a sexy helm buddy. :)
Thank you Mstruvmgc, Just wait till I get all the curves in ti. ;)

First layer of Hard coat added.
Basic sanding to round it out a little.
This has already sucked up a whole test kit so I have to order more Smoothcast 321.
1174992_566956256700576_666633480_n_zpse8c6cb75.jpg

Till next time.

Build something....

Don't be afraid to Dream. ;)

oooo baby i love curves i cant wait :p

So far so good buddy, im surprised it took up a whole kit already though wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back