Mass Effect 3 Jack papercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankball

ok so i've had this 3d model of jack for ME3 i fond on the net for over a year now and i've been trying to get it to pose for me so i can pint her out for a standy in my room.
sgdgss_zps09204d4f.jpg

as u can tell in the pic she all unfolded and ready to be made but the way she posed right now i realy dont like it and i know u can pose the OBJ file she is made in. i've tryed Poser pro, and Blender and i cant get it to work i realy need some help here, if someone can just pose her in a nice pose i can do the rest. im trying to go for this pose
SANY1064_zpsd954bcfa.jpg

i've read about using bones in OBJ files to get it to pose but im to stupid to know how to do it. u know someone on here knows what there doing

i still have all the files for her if u think u can help me just PM me

I don't know exactly why you would need a full sized half naked woman statue in your room, but who knows. Why you haven't gotten any replies, is mostly because of the odd natured request, but mostly because there isn't very many people that know 3d animation/rigging. I'm just beginning to try to learn HOW to model things in blender, so I personally wouldn't be much help with that, but I can see that the unfold for the model is incorrect, as it is just the basic auto unfold, which, will not work for when you go to put it back together AND it would need to be completely changed if posed differently, so you would need:

1: rigging of the model
2: pose of the model
3: scale of the model (in pepakura designer)
4: unfold of the model (this can mean several hundred pages for the unfold if it is to be life sized)

ALSO it is frowned upon mostly to reverse engineer pep models (transferring them to blender or other modelling program, and using them for other purposes, either you are or not.), so that also may be why, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I just want to let you know, the 405th isn't ignorant or unfeeling, just some requests are hard to fulfil, especially because that we all do this on our own free time, and for free, so don't expect Microsoft scale work for it. If I knew rigging (which is a common technique used by video game designers and 3d animators) I would help you, as well as help anyone else with this kind of thing, but I don't, so I won't be able to.

-Seth

i used auto unfold so i can get her in the SS. i know how to unfold i just need some one that knows how to pose the OBJ file. plus idk how to put riging in it.

Hey, not judging, just wondering ;) but I still don't know rigging, so I can't really help there. You can try contacting Rundown, or Statyk (members on here) who i think 'may' know rigging, being I've heard they are both video game designers (not pro I think, correct me guys if I'm wrong ;) .).

-Seth

ok i think i will. i hope they can rig her arms to not look they way they do now. as of right now im making her head. i'll have some pic up later

Just a friendly fyi... You might waiting a while on this one. I've been learning Blender, on my own, and it has been quite a journey.

Wish ya luck though TME145!

Ps... I never dated jack... was too afraid of who brought on the space herpes from varren.

well im geting somewhere on this. this is just 4-5 hours of work. seeing how long it toke me just to get there i'll say just Jack's head will take me 2-3 more days alone
SANY1071_zps669a435a.jpg

SANY1073_zps1cb532e3.jpg

ok now i;ve been working for a good 4-5 hours now time to take a break. heres where im at.
just finshed for the most part the chin. im realing going to hate the mouth and eyes. so meany small parts
SANY1078_zps2af60e79.jpg

SANY1079_zps627515e9.jpg

Certainly an ambitious project. How tall is the model scaled to? Was also wondering if you're planning to harden it in any way, without distorting the color.

Very interesting though, and I look forward to seeing more progress.

I guess you are making some 'head'way on this project XD

I may not post a lot more replies, but know that I'm watching this progress ;)

-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back