Dallas Comic-Con 2013 Trooper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispychicken49

If you remember my Warrior build, (Don't worry it isn't a quit progress yet! School's been beating me over the head plus there aren't very many pep-files yet...) then I'm back! This time with a foam build due on May sometime-or-whatever. Right now it isn't a 100% that I'm going but if not, then I have something to wear for Halloween/Boo-ball!

So my build is a Halo Reach Marine. (Yes, Marine. Mine is closed helmet, the open helmet is the Army Trooper I believe) This will be equipped with an M6G and an MA37. So without further adieu, I present to you the pictures!

8504777737_51e268bc41_z.jpg

Unfortunately the other 5 photos didn't upload. :(

Now, I'm trying to find out the easiest way to add in the recessed detail marked by Sharpie. If someone could give me pointers on adding this recessed detail that would be great!

Hope you like my, well, shoulder so far! Hopefully I'll have much more soon!

from what i understand of the foam world, you can just cut the pieces that are marked and then move the recess back to about halfway and reglue. Example: cut recess out of the 10mm foam, move it back to the 5mm mark and then glue.

from what i understand of the foam world, you can just cut the pieces that are marked and then move the recess back to about halfway and reglue. Example: cut recess out of the 10mm foam, move it back to the 5mm mark and then glue.

OR you could put a foamie sheet over the piece then cut out the part you want to be recessed.

One thing against foamies/craft foam in my experience is that brushed on plasti dip doesn't stick to it as well and you'll almost certainly need at least two coats. Even the aerosol version isn't perfect and if you don't spray enough on the foamies, it'll get bubbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back