Chiefer joins the Spartan IV Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRIPES ON TOAST! Individual fingers? You are a patient patient man... Looking good though. I too am too intimidated by a full build and think I'll stick to helmets (which I love) and just marvel at the full pieces people put together from a safe and sane distance. Keep it up!

Thanks, I have no intention of stoppin so of course I will keep it up ! :D

Pat-

Update no.12

OK so I found in the 405th Database a sliced M6H Personal Defense Weapon System file which is good BUT it lacks details and it´s a bit inaccurate. And yet again a thing that was a pain in the butt to make but hey I made it! :D Like I said it needed more detail so I used some magic and here it looks a bit better plus the other details I can add using bondo. I always say this is not a problem for good old and trustworthy uncle bondo! xD Enjoy!

PB130418.jpg

PB130420.jpg

PB130421.jpg

PB130422.jpg

Pat-

Update no.13

Again a smaller update. This time I finished scratchbuilding the "hip plates" because nobody made a pepakura version. *sigh But I think they came out pretty good. Yeah there is no detail on them but I can fix it with some bondo later :D The size is just right too so I´am happy with them :D Hopefully tomorrow or maybe today I will finish the 2 armor plates on the XG-89 Thighs (The ones that weren´t icluded in the pepakura file) and after that I will only need to finish the Sniper which will be next and wait if crimmson writes back about the forearms or if someone else models them. At worst I will scratchbuild them too xD Enjoy!

PB130425.jpg

PB130427.jpg

PB130429.jpg

PB130430.jpg

PB150432.jpg

Pat-

Update no.14

It´s update time again! xD So I made these 2 parts that are part of the XG-89 Thighs but never been modeled so I had to scratchbuild them. Yeah it´s pretty much just the base and I will add some more details with bondo later. I´am such a lazy person xD Now the only things that remain are - Sniper rifle, 2x XV-27 Shifting forearms, 2x sheat (pistol and knife). And when I have all these I will do a test fit like I did with the ODST medic armor too :D Enjoy!

PB150435.jpg

PB150436.jpg

PB170437.jpg

complex7.jpg

Pat-

Update no.15

It´s weekend finally -___- and because school kept me busy I couldn´t do anything on my armor. Ok so today I resined the pistol, hip plates and the thigh "attachments". It´s not much and hopefullytomorrow I can do some more work and mybe my father will help me with bondoing some other pieces so the work would go faster. I really need to finish this before AnimeShow 2014 (15.march). :D Enjoy!

PB220468.jpg

PB220470.jpg

PB220469.jpg

Pat-

Update no.16

Today was all about fiberglass xD And before you say something I know my workplace and the way I work is a mess xD Ok so I started fiberglassing the thighs, thigh attachment, pistol, hip plates, finger plates and the knife.
Enjoy!

PB230480.jpg

PB230479.jpg

PB230481.jpg

PB230488.jpg

PB230482.jpg

Pat-

Update no.17

Todays lesson is the Rule of 6P - Proper planning prevents piss poor performance. And that is all xD Anyway today I realised one thing - that the butt plate is waaaay too big -__- so I had to make a new one and thankfuly it´s good now :D And I made some plans on how to attach the pieces together and stuff :D Enjoy!

2d17c6bb-8aa0-43a5-92cd-154a32121826.jpg

PB180446.jpg

PB250526.jpg

Pat-

Update no.18

In this post you will find out how messy my work is and how I get rid of used cardstock xD Enjoy!

PB270532.jpg

PB270529.jpg

PB270530.jpg

PB270531.jpg

Pat-

What kind of mat are you using? Yours seems way more tightly woven than the stuff I used. It seemed like I had little fiberglass strands every when I was done.

What kind of mat are you using? Yours seems way more tightly woven than the stuff I used. It seemed like I had little fiberglass strands every when I was done.

Well I use fiberglass from a company called DCH Sincolor but it´s only available here in Europe if I´am not mistaken.

Pat-

Update no.19

Geez... one bad thing after another... So basically what happend is that I wanted to "try on" the boots and when I tried to walk not right away it broke... both broke! :X Ihave to redo them anyway. Why ? Because they were small or well I felt that they were small, still rather find out these things now than during AnimeShow xD The good thing is that I only have to redo the front part :Dand split it into 2 parts. And I gathered some reference pictures :D Enjoy!

PB290535.jpg

PB290537.jpg

PB290539.jpg

PB290542.jpg

PB290534.jpg

Pat-

Update no.20

Wow already 20 ?!? o__O But it´s coming along nicely but I´am kinda afraid that I won´t finish it before the 21st of March :/ OK, enough of these depressing thoughts xD So I´am finished with the front boot covers and they are already resined too and oh yeah they are a bit bigger now so everything is fine now :D Then there are these 9 pieces which have to be fibrglassed but I ran out of it so again something that messed up my plans :/ My dad had an idea to use this .... thing on the back piece of the torso, yeah I had to cut the remaining but even after 4 days it´s still not dry but it´s good because I don´t have to fiberglass those parts :D And the last thing I did was to divide all the parts into categories. That means for example I have like 7 pieces in a box and I have to finish them completely till January. I´am not that good at explaining things but I think you get what I meant xD Enjoy!

PC060599.jpg

PC060609.jpg

PC060608.jpg

PC060600.jpg

PC060603.jpg

PC060604.jpg

Pat-

Update no.21

Just a quick small update. So this time I'am going to use for the visor these ski gogles I bought. Actually they were pretty cheap too plus they actually look like the legendary visor :) Enjoy!

PC060597.jpg

PC060598.jpg

Pat-

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!! You and I have the same thing in common, that is we both love the Warrior Helmet and Orbital chest!! I've found the other me XDDD check out my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back