Halo 4 Master Chief: The Definitive Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

DYSTORTED INC

Last summer I started putting together a rough idea of creating some of the best halo 4 files and armor from a novice 3D artist / prop maker. Since the announcement trailer release, I've been putting together a library of references with videos and pictures of ingame renders, cinematics, even 4 separate versions of the real live action suits. Now that I've finally have more time to apply towards prop and file creation, I decided to dust this off and finally put all of my time to good use. I plan to be able to knock out one file a week, starting with one of the more difficult parts, the helmet. I still have a few things to adjust to the back, but thankfully I've been picking at it since about August. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy watching this come to life.
MKVII_zps2774c56b.jpg

MKVII2_zpsd0d5be23.jpg

There are alot of details left out of this render, since this is a work in progress. When I get the final 3D print file ready, I'll post up full renders.

UPDATE!!

Slowly making more progress on the rest of the armor.

untitled53_zpsa150cc2b.jpg

So are you guys ready for an update!?

This has been on the workstation for the past few days of chilled weather, crazy to think this time of year in Texas. I'm so close to being finished with this one, it's lit a fire in me. For those that are awaiting an update on this, here it is. You can see there are a few items missing, but it won't be long!

untitled14_zps6df91f77.jpg

untitled15_zpsfd28c4c6.jpg

untitled16_zps2b06fa50.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! Take a second and swing by the Facebook page, I update there regularly.

the Helmet is finished and ready to go!
After devouring close to 100 renders and screenshots from cinematics, this is about as close you can get to being 99%.

MKVI2_zpsd2a204d6.jpg

MKVI3_zpsed4c75c0.jpg

MKVI4_zpsd64085ce.jpg

MKVI1_zps77a663f8.jpg

MKVI5_zps06626da0.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Finally, Fin! Creating this model has been one of the longest process ever! I've taken every screenshot from every version of the armor I could possibly find, dissected them, and put every detail into this final version. I call it FrankenChief! This isn't accurate to one version since there were so many different details that I liked. But, I hope that you all like it. I should have it back in about two weeks from 3D printing and will post an updated picture.

In the meantime, here are a few renders....

MKVI6Large_zps18ec94ad.jpg

MKVI7Large_zps4e1da72c.jpg

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook for constant updates, at Evoc Props.

It was a good day...

With months of wrapping my brain around all of the different versions of the Master Chief helmet, I've decided on what I call "FrankenChief". It's not accurate, but at the same time...IT'S ACCURATE! Ever detail that I could find, every variation of nose pieces / vents, it's there. After send it off for printing, time has crept by.

On to the good stuff

DSCN1213_zps5dd470c0.jpg

DSCN1216_zps822b1e83.jpg

DSCN1217_zpsf6e0aec0.jpg

Many Updates to come, Thanks for stopping by.

you printed it? whut? powder based 3d printer i pressume :p
go make a mold of it, powder is not as strong as casted ones

and it's incredible!!!!

Now I know how those 3D printers work! Off to make evil schemes with duplicating whatever I want!! Ha ha ha !! Lol jk, DYSTORTED you are the definition of the word Epic!

I did a little sanding and test fitting a few days ago in between working on the Recon. Since it has a whole lot more details, that are very tiny, it will take a little longer than the Recon. Let me know what you guys think!

DSCN1306_zpse0bc4508.jpg

DSCN1308_zpseddb8ace.jpg

DSCN1307_zpsc22debf8.jpg

Just wow! That came out spectacular! I might save some money up and pick one of those casts if available down the road...if it fits me that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back