ChefBZD's Foam Reach Spartan Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That suit kicks donkey! (if you know what I mean, curse free website :) ) Are you planning on making a neck cover?

THANKS! I actually do have a neck seal, and I will be wearing a balaclava anyway...in my excitement to wear the suit for the first pictures I forgot to put them on! I will be posting more pics soon anyway once I finish painting the AR, probably tomorrow night.

AWESOME JOB!!! I've been following your reach suit since back when you started a long time ago with the scout helmet and smoothcast pep chest. It's cool to see you come this far and finish. I can't wait to see pics of you rockin this at the con.

Okay I have to admit, I am super jealous at how well the foam worked for you. One thing I want to know it how you got it to look so smooth and clean, something I always seem to have trouble with.

Anyway the suit looks awesome and I cant wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks guys! Since I still have a few days left I'm going to make the goggle attachment for the helmet, I might make the tacpad for the forearm as well. Definitely need to find a cheap soft case as well, pockets will be an issue at the con...

Yay, Congrats! Bah, it looks so great! Got a big ol' smile on my face, I love seeing completed suits. Love the gradient on the legs btw, that's a really nice touch.

New visor...yay or nay? I haven't stuck it in yet, thats why it looks loose...
IMAG1203_zps1869b701.jpg

I don't know if it's just me or what, but the visor seems to be making the helmet stretch outwards. I like the netting a lot though. Gives a nice custom touch to the armor.

New visor...yay or nay? I haven't stuck it in yet, thats why it looks loose...
IMAG1203_zps1869b701.jpg

Hmm... I like the idea. Is there anyway you can put another clear visor over it? That might make it seem like its embedded into the visor. Just a thought either way I'm sure what ever you come up with would kickass.

I don't know if it's just me or what, but the visor seems to be making the helmet stretch outwards. I like the netting a lot though. Gives a nice custom touch to the armor.

It's just the bad angle I took the picture from, lol, doesn't stretch it at all.

I could be wrong, but shouldn't the ammo counter be a bit more enclosed? As in, a bezel around the edge to make it look a little more like a screen? Particularly in the second photo there it looks like the screen is attached on top of the surface, rather than set into it.

Dude I am super impressed. That came out so accurate and realistic. Cudos to doing such a freaking good job man XD

...I mean, a suit is never REALLY done, is it? Added blue lights to forearms and thighs today...also made the spine armor out of vinyl (sorry, no pics of the spine yet...)...
IMAG1212_zps99d69e8f.jpg
I should have worn a different color shirt, it just looks like my shirt showing through a hole...but its a light, I swear!

Gun looks great! I also love the fact you are wearing a Star Wars shirt in that last pic lol.

Yay for lights, yeah a different colored shirt might have helped the effect lol :p
Keep up the good work though man :) and post pics of that spine too!

Definitely agree with Mstruvmgc. Looking good. Have you thought more on the mounting of the rifle? Any ideas will help me too :$

Had a blast at Supercon yesterday, hanging out with Shockwave and the guys from StonyProps...their suits were awesome. The StonyProps guys took a well deserved award in the costume contest. Sadly, I did not...but no matter, I had an awesome time at my first con and my first armored outing. I didn't get many pics myself, it was pretty much impossible to be my own photographer, but I had my picture taken like 5000 times (no joke) so I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere. I was asked to do a couple video interviews as well! I really want to see a pic of myself and Kill Kill Kill battling Darth Vader...its on at least 10 cameras somewhere...Also, Shockwave and I ambushed a couple of store-bought Master Chiefs during a photo session, I'd like to those as well...
Special thanks to my new friend Rae for helping me get suited up in the parking lot!
IMAG1215_zpsd75e82b4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back