Halo 4 Spartan Build-First Suit ever built by me! (WIP and might be PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking great man, love the idea of using both foam and resin parts for the armor. Can't wait to see more, Subbed :)

Build is looking very awesome :)
sad that i missed it up until now
keep up the good work

Don't worry. There will be more to come =D

Nice progress bro! :)

Thanks Pat! It's great to see you here, you have good progress on your IMC Pilot yourself ;)

Pat-

This is looking very awesome!! Love your work!

I appreciate it Spartangirl117 :D

You found the laundry bag! Hows it workin' out for ya?

Yes i did!! To be honest it was easier to find than expected. Still planning how im gonna use it.

looking great man, love the idea of using both foam and resin parts for the armor. Can't wait to see more, Subbed :)

Thanks Tzahalon! I'm using foam for some pieces as full fibreglass suits will restrict mobility at some parts of the armour!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! It really means a lot to me and helps me to always be on my toes ;D

20140528_153252_zpsk2thuxle.jpg

Uhh oohh I'm running real low on foam now and i can't find more from the regular places that i go to... I think i'll be using most of it for the Spartan IV Under-armour. Since ive got the laundry bag, i think i should start soon

20140528_215011_zpsrfnkexdn.jpg

I can say this has the authenticity of an actual Spartan IV! Such realism XD

20140528_215035_zpszjofjglh.jpg

Always a Magnum by my side, in battles and even in photos!

~Jen

**CONTINUATION**

After watching a video, I've found out a new way of strengthening the edges of your armour being made out of fibreglass, that is, adding some epoxy putty at the edges. This can also help strengthen weaker areas that the fibreglass cloth could not reach or it's difficult for the fibreglass to take the shape of the cureve. This is really helpful for areas which has a lot of arm movement which will damage places which are not reinforced properly.

Video Link--->>http://youtu.be/zLhzvIQUv3Y

Rapid_Steel_Puttyjpg_350x350_zps995e7402.jpg
This is the kind of epoxy putty i use. The types of epoxy putty out there are plentiful so you shouldn't have much trouble looking for it.

(The dark grey parts at the edges has epoxy putty added)

20140531_164223_zpsqmpgpigt.jpg

20140531_164125_zpspty6jctu.jpg

20140531_164259_zpsnu54fsbu.jpg

Credits to angelegend for this trick ;)

Good golly Miss Molly! It has been six months since i last posted something for this thread and no this thread isnt dead. I do apologise for not posting and updates on my Spartan because I'm having a huge exam at the end of the year and it's half way through as of when this was posted. Progress for the spartan is at a stand still i and plan to jump back into it after Nov 25th. I will not continue my spartan RIGHT AWAY, instead I'm doing a Thomas Bangalter helmet from Daft Punk first for my prom and i have to complete it within 10 days. i will also be making a 'realistic' Halo 3 M7 SMG with some play features such as a priming handle, removable magazine, adjustable stock and a recoil or a kickback system to simulate recoil.

future plans:
- I might consider doing a tutorial series on costume making such as resining, fibreglassing, maybe bondo and also the EVA foam alternative.
- Halo 3 SMG with cool features
- I am gonna be making minecraft chests out of wood and will most probably be selling them for a reasonable price so i can get materials to build more stuff

SpartanBuildThread_zpsbc6ab6bf.png
I linked my build thread to a QR code for fun and tested it and it works! i plan to attach it somewhere onto my armour ;)

That's all i have for now and thanks for the support from you awesome ppl so far. I still have 2 more weeks left for exam(4 days to be exact just that it's spaced out) them I'll be back. Stay tuned for more goodies ;D

I finally bought the mesh material that i can use for my undersuit. For those of you wondering what it is, it's basically just a cheap laundry bag..

[url]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/jenster97/20140525_232432_zpsfhnhzl3d.jpg[/URL]

Sir, I'm impressed with your work! Really inspiring me to get started on my own suit. For the undersuit though, could you explain how you intend to use the mesh material? It seems like a really interesting and easy method, but im not totally sure how it would work...

Awesome work. Similar parts yet, very different. I like the use of foam on on your chest, I haven't thought of using it like that....

Thanks for the photos, I now have ideas to upgrade my armor....
11825892_10207634410127040_2347998973371203981_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back