Halo 5 Theories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing how i cant post a thread i'll just leave this video here.
maybe a PC remake will be nice to...

Last edited by a moderator:
i fond this on yahoo it isnt halo related but still.

The company previously charged developers thousands of dollars to patch their titles, according to Eurogamer.
By Don Reisinger, CNET
Microsoft has put an end to fees it was charging developers who wanted to patch their Xbox 360 games, according to a new report.
Microsoft no longer charges Xbox 360 developers of both Xbox Live Arcade titles and full retail games to send out updates, game news/reviews site Eurogamer reported Thursday, citing multiple sources who claim to have knowledge of the move. The Xbox maker used to allow developers to update a title once for free and then charged them thousands of dollars for subsequent patches, according to Eurogamer's sources.
According to Eurogamer, Microsoft actually changed its policy earlier this year but didn't announce it publicly. The idea behind the charge was to ensure developers were delivering a solid product to gamers. To keep that in place, Eurogamer's sources said that Microsoft still reserves the right to charge developers who excessively update titles.
It's not clear what Microsoft's policy will be on the upcoming Xbox One.

this doesnt show capitalism in a good light when MS is money craping left and right...

First thing first I haven't watched any of the videos yet. But from the teaser I just want to put my thoughts out there. They will probably evolve some after I watch all the videos on this thread.
But first the Librarian discussed that she could fix Cortana. There was a time delay and location difference where you had to go to pick up Cortana. My belief is that
1/ The fragment of the Librarian in Halo 4 made a copy of her.
2/ 343 the last time we saw him was after one of the other installations. Possibly this installation has the Librarian the same way Requiem had the Didact.
3/ His gripping her chip makes me think his main goal is to get Cortana back.
4/ with the problems at the end of Spartan ops I wouldn't be surprised if Fire team Majestic didn't some how become crucial to helping MC.

Maybe as well as H5 possibly being on the Ark the the game might take place on Charum Hakor. Just a thought. The game might delve deeper into the human-Forerunner relationship in terms of the war that happened before humanity was kicked back down to square one while also nudging us towards the Chief's possibly major goal of restoring/finding Cortana.

okay my take on the halo five trailer. for one thing the cloak might be a way of hiding his grief about and I had to guess is the lost of cortana, lasky; Johnson; keyes; or plamer/linda. now if cortana is still around and kicking, she would try and send a message, one both the chief and halesy would be able to find. now if the other didact is hidden somewhere then the chief might be seeking him out due to what the librarian did to him. and one other little detail I bet no one seen did you see the trail of rocks? remind you of a book the Greg bear wrote.

one other little detail I bet no one seen did you see the trail of rocks? remind you of a book the Greg bear wrote.

I gotta say I didn't even think about that the thing is if it is a cryptum then who's in it. I doubt it would be the didact but maybe it's just a cache or something else..Really good point there.

Spartan 213

the other didact their was more then one, the rage one from halo 4 and the one that like humans and fired the rings from the ark. and something else I've seen the thing coming out to the ground kind of looks like a war ships that are near a cryptum. and I'm starting to think spark is coming back soon as well as the sprtie of fire. due to at the end of the game the ai says captain something's happened at the end. and what if this is the didacts home world? I mean sure the flood over ran it but it could be it. plus we know that the greater ark was destroyed by star roads, the next big enemy in halo 7 but what if the master builder was still alive, and it's him man wouldn't that be a big wow moment.

Another theory goes on between HALO COMBAT EVOLVED'S Two Betrayals level and towards HALO SILENTIUM'S Ending. Mind you this is my own personal theory.......

343 Guilty Spark: "Last Time you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it?"
-HaloCE: Two Betrayals

In Silentium, Bornstellar/Iso-Didact asks 343 Guilty Spark/Chakas if it was his choice would he himself fire the Halo array.

------

Cryptum established that devolved humans carried the essences of ancient humans from the Human-Forerunner War. Now given the quote from Two Betrayals and the question that bornstellar poses to 343 Guilty Spark it might be possible that some humans also were planted with the essences of some forerunners. So maybe, just maybe the Master Chief carries the essence of Bornstellar. It is highly doubtful it it may be possible due to the connection of HCE and HS.

Now the question is what can 343 do to the plot of the trilogy to through us a curve ball and blow our minds...

One way I see it is that the Master Chief starts getting visions of the past and is driven by a "feeling" to go seek out a former Forerunner world or the Ark. While on this journey he also has the side objective of recovering/finding Cortana. During all of this he discovers more ancient secrets that probably were meant to stay secret and continues ever towards the eventual final duel between the Ur-Didact.

Again just a theory and some spectulation...

Idk what to think. I hope i doesnt suck because its made by 343 and honestly i didnt like halo 4 that much i thought i had nothing to do with the original halo. They introduced a whole new type of alien that turned out to be of human origin. No thats not halo thats something else. Plus it wasnt as hard as the other halos. the story line was ok ig i think i would have liked it better if it was the convent. Plus the arbiter in it which kind upset me because i really liked him.

Idk what to think. I hope i doesnt suck because its made by 343 and honestly i didnt like halo 4 that much i thought i had nothing to do with the original halo. They introduced a whole new type of alien that turned out to be of human origin. No thats not halo thats something else. Plus it wasnt as hard as the other halos. the story line was ok ig i think i would have liked it better if it was the convent. Plus the arbiter in it which kind upset me because i really liked him.

I'm sorry but i need to clarify something; halo 4 was pre-scripted, bungie already had the base of the story fleshed out. so saying that the game was bad because of 343 is totally false. on top of that more than 1/3rd of the employees at 343 are ex bungie so there is that as well.

on top of that What would you consider specific problems with the story, and i mean specific problems. (not that the arbiter wasn't there because that wasn't a possibility in the first place)

I'd would also like to point out that not all of the prometheans were in fact human and in fact that many of them were other forerunners who supported the Didact in his cause.

On a different note I would love to see Fred and the other spartans of Blue team get tossed in somehow along with the remainder of the spartan 3's possibly on a mission to stop or help the Chief if he does end up being rogue in Halo 5.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Someone at MS derped, and posted some info on the H:X1 pre-order page.
It has since been removed.

This info has been one of the most active threads on the Waypoint (H:X1) forums for the last few hours.

Halo for Xbox One takes the now-legendary saga to new heights and is one of the most anticipated games for the new console.
In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted.
Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, he's fighting the flood again? Not that I'm disappointed. But I thought the parasite was wiped out? If it isn't flood, and it's forerunner... How would that make sense? Also where exactly is the rest of humanity? If humanity is intact, how the hell did 117 get that far away? AGAIN.

End mind numbing question-rant/.

But seriously, Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!?!

One thing that pop's into my mind is the precursors (for those who haven't read the books they are like the forerunners to humanity but with more religion involved) what if they mysteriously returned even though they were said to be all dead which wouldn't really make sense because the flood didn't really go after all sentient life more or less they were targeted originally at the forerunners and then at humans so clearly there has to be something that told the flood to attack humanity when it did.

Other theories about the Didact coming back have popped up but he was completely against killing all sentient life which was why he pushed so strongly for the shield worlds like requiem and disliked the Bornstellar Didact for siding with the Master Builder and the Halo Arrays.

Sorry for kinda jumping all over the place but that's how I think....Confusing with a bit of insanity.

my 2 cents:

chief is on the ark opening the tomb of mendicant bias, he has an empty AI chip with him to put mendicant bias on, together they will do whatever 343 has in store for us

So from what I think is going on with 343 is that they are going to send the Master Chief into the Large Magellanic Cloud, known to the Forerunners as Path Kethona, and while he's there he discovers the planet shown in the trailer at E3.

Path Kethona was where the last few battles of the Forerunner-Precursor War took place, and where the Forerunners annihilated the Precursors to the distant memory of time. BUT! Not all of the Precursors were wiped out... They went into a type of stasis in which they became dust that would reconstitute itself and regenerate into living form again. But as fate would have it this was not to be. How ever the Precursors saw this as a means to an end- Punishment against the forerunners for their insolence..... THUS! the flood.

SOOOOooo! Not only is a old unfriendly alien horror probably along for the ride again, but we will encounter more forerunner items and things that would see master chief dead, a even more powerful and original version of the flood, possibly a few precursors(MAYBE), The UNSC hot on the Chief's tail again undoubtly, The Storm(the covenant faction in Halo 4) will probably rear its ugly and fanatical head again. Thel(The Arbiter) will most likely only make a tiny and brief cameo appearance in a cut scene.

The final topping and piece of this epic space cake is Cortana and the seemily titanic quest Chief is going on to get her back.

Honestly this is a WTF move by 343, to much oddities coming and strung together.(If this is the way 343 is building H5 towards)

it could get cool. Halsey wants payback, she was really really angry to find out john wasnt dead, then they try to execute her. im pretty sure the UNSC isnt on her list of xmas cards.

but you could have a troubled chief found by halsey and she messes with him and tells him she can bring back cortana if he helps her, thats my theroy 1. thus making chief a bad guy and at the end the revived cortana tell him its not him hes not this type of man yada yada.

theory 2 would be chief finds out what halsey has planned and you have him try to stop her which leads to more emotional issues because it would kinda be like a mother/son duel a-la starwars.

anything is plausible at this time and i wonder how much we will really know before it comes out.

So from what I think is going on with 343 is that they are going to send the Master Chief into the Large Magellanic Cloud, known to the Forerunners as Path Kethona, and while he's there he discovers the planet shown in the trailer at E3.

Path Kethona was where the last few battles of the Forerunner-Precursor War took place, and where the Forerunners annihilated the Precursors to the distant memory of time. BUT! Not all of the Precursors were wiped out... They went into a type of stasis in which they became dust that would reconstitute itself and regenerate into living form again. But as fate would have it this was not to be. How ever the Precursors saw this as a means to an end- Punishment against the forerunners for their insolence..... THUS! the flood.

SOOOOooo! Not only is a old unfriendly alien horror probably along for the ride again, but we will encounter more forerunner items and things that would see master chief dead, a even more powerful and original version of the flood, possibly a few precursors(MAYBE), The UNSC hot on the Chief's tail again undoubtly, The Storm(the covenant faction in Halo 4) will probably rear its ugly and fanatical head again. Thel(The Arbiter) will most likely only make a tiny and brief cameo appearance in a cut scene.

The final topping and piece of this epic space cake is Cortana and the seemily titanic quest Chief is going on to get her back.

Honestly this is a WTF move by 343, to much oddities coming and strung together.(If this is the way 343 is building H5 towards)

I like the idea of Chief being sent on a deep space mission more than the going rogue idea that has been bumping around the internet. Chief is a soldier and he would never turn his back on the UNSC, he is too indoctrinated for that. However, that doesn't mean he wont deviate to do what he believes is right; bringing back Cortana.

Sorry off topic but I think it's stupid Mc's got a cloak, its self sealing armor so sand shouldn't be an issue and then there's shields I'd understand if they went out because of cortana's absence, and another thing why is cheif concealing his identity? By the looks of it he's in the middle of a desert! And the cloak obviously isn't meant for that because he triggered that forerunner thing! Also what's the book in the k5 series after thel's wife dies and he escapes I can't find it.

I don't think it's been published yet, I think he escapes in The Thursday War, although I could be wrong, haven't read those books in ages. In relation to Halo 5 conspiracies, a mate of mine said that because the Didact's ship was turning humans into digital form, if cortana got sucked in, then she might still be in there, twisted and corrupted even more, OR, she could just be dead... I dunno. I don't like the idea of having chief as a rogue, just doesn't fit his profile, and halsey is definitely going to be more prominent in the next game, I hope they bring back the Arbiter, but who knows, we just have to leave it with 343, and hope they learn from Halo 4's shortcomings.

I've personally always wanted them to make another ODST game, mainly because I loved the first ODST game so much, although it wasn't most fans' favourite, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Rant over, always open for discussion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back