First time builder: MK7 Build Journal (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys :D

Just drew out the paper templates in a way that best made sense to me, and got cutting, lol

A lot of trial and error, and I'm sure my use of foam could be more efficient, but for the most part it's been coming out the way I want it to- which is more than I can ask for on my first build. Hopefully the wife's Dare suit will be a cleaner/more efficient build. :)

20130806_230027_resized.jpg

20130806_232230_HDR_resized.jpg

20130806_232638_HDR_resized.jpg

20130806_232827_HDR_resized.jpg

20130806_232903_HDR_resized.jpg

That's awesome! Love the visor - and that foam work is great. I'm going to have to use you for inspiration once I get to my foam armor xD.

I've been following your build man, it's looking great! The legs look perfect, I'll be studying your thread before I start those up!

Sans a slew of repetitive progress pics from this thruster pack, the main structure is done. Just detail to add now, and it's on to the back section of the torso.
20130909_195022_resized.jpg

It's just not FAIR. Your foam work is amazing haha. But seriously, keep it up, can't wait to see the end result.

I have a quick question: Do you cut out the foam pieces from the mats with the hot knife too?
Also on that note, I'm definitely grabbing a hot knife of my own for my next build, I feel that it would make things easier for me.

Can't wait to see more!!

Excellent work man! Subbed this, best of luck with the rest of the project!

It's just not FAIR. Your foam work is amazing haha. But seriously, keep it up, can't wait to see the end result.

I have a quick question: Do you cut out the foam pieces from the mats with the hot knife too?
Also on that note, I'm definitely grabbing a hot knife of my own for my next build, I feel that it would make things easier for me.

Can't wait to see more!!
Thanks guys! Really do feel kinda lame posting one or two shots at a time, been way too long on these thruster packs, lol.

I use my hot knife constantly! Probably more than I should, really. But it gives you good control over your lines. Just gotta watch out for that hilt- screwed myself more than a couple times with that, lol

Your foam work is unbelievable! I love the visor too. How hard is it to see through though?
I also like the pics showing off the Halo toy collection in the background. Nice.

Amazing for a first time build, any tips? I'm astonished at how accurate some of these foam builds are, especially for first time foam-builders without the standard pepakura guidelines.

Do you use any particular method for guidelines or do you literally just look at pictures and build as you go?

Either way this is fantastic! I'm interested in foam-building rather than pepakura but want to know what I'm getting myself into before trying, haha!

Your foam work is unbelievable! I love the visor too. How hard is it to see through though?
I also like the pics showing off the Halo toy collection in the background. Nice.
Much appreciated!

LOL, do all my work in my the Halo room my wife is cool enough to let me have, lol

The visibility through the visor isn't great... In daylight it's fine really, but once it gets dark I'll have to watch my step, LOL

Amazing for a first time build, any tips? I'm astonished at how accurate some of these foam builds are, especially for first time foam-builders without the standard pepakura guidelines.

Do you use any particular method for guidelines or do you literally just look at pictures and build as you go?

Either way this is fantastic! I'm interested in foam-building rather than pepakura but want to know what I'm getting myself into before trying, haha!

Thanks man! Just pics and action figures for reference and scaling.... I did give pepping the helmet a shot initially, and gave up after a couple weeks of just cutting/folding LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back