First time builder: MK7 Build Journal (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also progressing beautifully sir! Two questions, I've been wondering for a while how to connect the thruster bit- to the connecting joints- to the breast plate, as in those last photos there. Idk it always looked like a potentially weak pressure spot, especially with that big flat area from the thrusters. Did you reinforce it at all? Or does it even need to be?

Keep up the excellent work!

It's also progressing beautifully sir! Two questions, I've been wondering for a while how to connect the thruster bit- to the connecting joints- to the breast plate, as in those last photos there. Idk it always looked like a potentially weak pressure spot, especially with that big flat area from the thrusters. Did you reinforce it at all? Or does it even need to be?

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for the kind words man!

Hopefully these pics help a little, I took a few shots of the connection piece between the shoulder and the thruster pack, and the underside of the thruster so you can see how it's all secured. Pay no mind to the mess of glue underneath, all of my work looks pretty much like this in areas that can't be seen. lol.

20131106_145844_resized.jpg

20131106_145814_resized.jpg

20131106_145742_resized.jpg

mate this build gets better and better with every big or small update posted!! keep it goin :D also "Lazystume", made me lol

Wow! It's beautiful! Good job so far!

I have a question if you don't mind. How do you achieve so much detail? When I work with foam, it ends up looking low-detail and boring.

I'm not sure if you're working from pep files or not- but I have noticed that some pep files aren't very rich in detail, especially after being converted for foam. I work completely freehand, using screencaps, pictures, and action figures (lol) for reference. Hopefully that helps?

looking good....can't wait to start mine still reading and learning but will start soon waiting on my kids to get here next week....going to make this a project for the 3 of us.

I'm not sure if you're working from pep files or not- but I have noticed that some pep files aren't very rich in detail, especially after being converted for foam. I work completely freehand, using screencaps, pictures, and action figures (lol) for reference. Hopefully that helps?
My freehand stuff look like garbage. I guess some people are better than others at it.

Action figures are amazing for modeling BTW. You can rotate and manipulate them however you want. :)

looking good....can't wait to start mine still reading and learning but will start soon waiting on my kids to get here next week....going to make this a project for the 3 of us.
Sounds like a great quality time project, should be fun!
My freehand stuff look like garbage. I guess some people are better than others at it.

Action figures are amazing for modeling BTW. You can rotate and manipulate them however you want. :)

I agree! Been tremendously helpful, especially when it comes to scaling...

Sounds like a great quality time project, should be fun!

Yes they been asking me do to this but i told them i don't want to do this by myself like all the other projects I do for them. So they agreed to help. This should be a good learning experience for us as a family.

Yes they been asking me do to this but i told them i don't want to do this by myself like all the other projects I do for them. So they agreed to help. This should be a good learning experience for us as a family.

Very cool man, post pics!

God, the style of what you're doing looks like it's been vacuum formed or something. It's so pretty lol. Say for that area with the little cross etching in particular, did you heat a thinner layer of foam over that shield-ish shape?

God, the style of what you're doing looks like it's been vacuum formed or something. It's so pretty lol. Say for that area with the little cross etching in particular, did you heat a thinner layer of foam over that shield-ish shape?

Yep, lol

Hot glue was definitely not the right adhesive for that job, but I think I can smooth that area out a bit in prep. And anything that doesn't smooth out will become battle damage, LOL

Yep, lol

Hot glue was definitely not the right adhesive for that job, but I think I can smooth that area out a bit in prep. And anything that doesn't smooth out will become battle damage, LOL

My ODST armor has a lot of "battle damage". XD
I'm not the best foam worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back