Noobs first build. RECON Helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it, I wish I had your abillities...

Mein Herr! If I can pull this off, then I'm sure you can. It's just taking your time, getting some good reference photos, and an electric sander helps ;)

Appreciate the compliments and it may take a few days, but I'm trying to get some casts pulled and painted to give as Christmas gifts for friends, so I'll get finished pics on here as soon as they are all gussied up.

Instead of a recon helmet it looks like you've made a whole new awesome one :) and how you were describing it I was thinking ranger helmet would be a cool name but dude this is sweet!

wow....

are-you-a-wizard.jpg

I just have to ask it :D

Pat-

ReconSide13Nov13_zpse021b70c.jpg

Ok, last pic before I :
A) Have to move apartments here in Providence. Which kinda sucks, but nicer place, basement for a workshop, and less rent, so...
B) Pass all my certification exams for work, which is kinda a big deal (I'll probably post before then though :) )
C) Start molding to make some what I hope are awesome Christmas presents for friends out there in the world.

Thanks for the kind words, and if you've got any recommendations or anything on how I could have made it better, I'm all ears.

Looks amazing, I hope your friends out there in the world realize how lucky they are :) good luck with the move and certification exams!

So move complete, test (I think) are finally done, and the holiday madness is coming on full swing. I don't think I'll be able to get this done before Christmas for a buddy, but I think I can get it in there by the new year. The MARPAT theme was because she was a Marine for several years (She IS STILL a Marine, according to any Marines out there) and we were in Afghanistan together. It was done with cutting squares of painters tape and applying brown and coyote brown patches first, taping over them, spraying Sand spray paint, tape patches on heavy there since that color is really the base, and then hitting it with a final coat of the Khaki spray paint. It's been a pain in the butt, and I am color blind so the Khaki looked like lime green to me. Others assure me this looks good, so hopefully they aren't blowing smoke... Hopefully I can get another finished pic in here soon if anybody is curious.
Marpat1_zpsb2145eff.jpg

I think your Leatherneck buddy will be very happy with this. Kudos on a brilliant job!

This is definitely one of my favorite projects on the noob board right now. There is nothing cooler than designing your own permutations, and I'm also a huge fan of Isaac Hannaford's work (http://www.isaachannaford.com/). That paint job is incredible, is this going to be part of an entire suit or will it be just the helm?

Thanks for the praise guys, I genuinely mean it. I've always tweaked pretty much everything to make it my own in some way, and I love the concept art that is out there to make the really cool helmets just that much cooler and a bit more unique. I'm honored and flattered so many others out there seem to like it as well. I don't think I'll be making any other armor, just helmets, and I hope to make them well.

It's been a long hard road to get this to where it will finally stand, and I'm proud to say I've finished the first one and it will ship out tomorrow. Not in time for Christmas, but hopefully she understands that I had to prioritize certifications for work and moving houses over the hours and hours of sanding, scraping, caking, and repeating all these steps to where I could go to sleep at night. Here are the final two pics for the MARPAT helmet. I will work some different paint schemes for some different friends out there, as well as one for me, and hope to start a Jorge or Kat helmet next. But for now, this is where we stand. Desert MARPAT (modified) with a nice Blood Stripe down the middle. Because the Shores of Tripoli weren't going to stop the problems on their own.

ReconMarpat2_zps4ee0eb13.jpg

ReconMarpat1_zps5efde5b1.jpg

Finally finished on for my old Platoon Sergeant who was just promoted to Command Sergeant Major down at Ft. Bragg. Colors are Cav, and as they say," If you ain't Cav, you aint $#!+." Turned out well. Few other jobs to take care of, but I'm getting into the next project and will hopefully get some info on that soon.

Pinion1_zpsb945d76f.jpg

Pinion2_zpsb28598b0.jpg

Pinion3_zpsc566f9d0.jpg

Woah, you've got a real eye for detail! I love the originality of these mods, you've made something really standout here, good job :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back