New and improved Rogue helmet, and armor (eventually) W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstruvmgc

Sr Member
Hey guys and gals,

Since i had a mishap with my last set of armor i figured id go ahead and start a new thread about the new set ill be building :)
I am going to try out foam for this build, mostly because i have excess of it and might as well use what i have on hand rather than buy new materials. If it doesn't work out then ill just do the tradition pep and resin stuffs. So starting out i am going to attempt to build the helmet. The file i am using was given to me by Zaff here on the 405th. I modified it for foam use for now, but as mentioned before if it doesn't work then ill just pep it with card stock.

Here are some pics so far, i have only traced the helmet on to the foam so far so that all i got, i will probably start cutting them out little later today :) once that happens i will start to post more pics.
20130710_144142_zpsf1cbe426.jpg
Here is what it looks like in Pepkura designer after i modified it :) Not to shabby for my first time i think.

20130710_142814_zpsff896737.jpg
Sheet 1

20130710_142742_zpscbd270a1.jpg
Sheet 2

I will have to practice tracing the stuff onto the foam, i was almost able to get them all on one lol
Well until next time, Keep building and having fun everyone!

Just a little note: I unfolded the model, but it is originally a game rip provided to me by MS7, so copyright Bungie and whatnot.

Can't wait to see how this comes out. Still toying with how I'm going to build my own. lol.

Just a little note: I unfolded the model, but it is originally a game rip provided to me by MS7, so copyright Bungie and whatnot.

Can't wait to see how this comes out. Still toying with how I'm going to build my own. lol.

lol i was just getting on to fix the first post and let everyone know what you told me in the PM you sent me. but i guess i dont need to really now. Thanks :)

Yeah i got to cutting about half the first sheet out after i posted those first set of pics. I will post pics later as i am curently on break at work :)

Can't wait to see it built, I love the rouge helmet it's my all time favorite. I'm going to be making one after I finish my reach spartan, just to have it.

Oh boy...here we go again!!! Best of luck M. Looking forward to seeing progress on this! :D

If anyone else is interested in the model Mstruvmgc is using you can find it here. It's been unfolded for pep, not foam, as I'm still learning how to properly unfold for the foam builds.

Can't wait to see it built, I love the rouge helmet it's my all time favorite. I'm going to be making one after I finish my reach spartan, just to have it.

Yeah me too, i have never really done anything with foam so it will be interesting to see what happens lol. like stated in the first post, if its absolutly horrible i might just go to pepping it. Its my favorite helmet as well :)

Oh boy...here we go again!!! Best of luck M. Looking forward to seeing progress on this! :D

Thanks V!!!! lol ill do my best to keep you entertained :)

If anyone else is interested in the model Mstruvmgc is using you can find it here. It's been unfolded for pep, not foam, as I'm still learning how to properly unfold for the foam builds.

lol beat me to the punch again. Thanks again for the file man :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok everyone its that time again, yup you guessed it, its
Update time!!

I finished cutting the pieces out a little but ago. Thats it, nothing to big lol sorry if i got your hopes up.
Here is a pic :)

20130711_122811_zps01ab7676.jpg

I will hopefully be able to start gluing everything together this weekend. so until then take care and keep on building:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good so far. I hope this foam helmet version works out.
+1

Me too! lol Thanks

Good job so far! can't wait to see how this turns out! :D

Thanks! Hope u like it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small UPDATE everyone :)

Here a few pics i took the other day of my progress, figured id show you guys :)
20130713_120110_zpsa27955cf.jpg

20130713_120057_zps8dec29f2.jpg

Thats it for now, i am currently gluing more right today, so i might have more pics to update tonight :)
Hope you all like! Any criticism welcome :)
Take care everyone.

to make a helmet out of foam take quite a bit of skill to do, for someone who knows what they are doing shouldn't be too heard.

Well i have no clue what im doing lol. So lets hope for the best :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY another UPDATE!!!!

Ok so i didnt get as much done as i wanted to due to me playing DND on mondays but thats ok. I got more pics taken and am going to post them now :)

Front and top view of helmet with stuff missing
20130715_133008_zps74137aba.jpg

20130715_133018_zpsbadfeaee.jpg

Front, side, and a view of the visor area, with some filled in parts on top. :)
20130716_014704_zpsece83e1a.jpg

20130716_014641_zps84f1b234.jpg

20130716_014632_zps0f8b62a6.jpg

Well thats all for now :) tell me what you guys think. I should be able to work on it some more tomorrow at my friends house. Its crafty Tuesdays when i go over there and this counts as a craft lol so heres hopin :)

Looking good so far. Can I haz see it finished now lol.

lol Im trying im trying, :p Im almost done. I should be able to finish it today when i get home from work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another quick UPDATE.
Ok so here are some more pics of the helmet so far :) Enjoy

Here is the back, pretty much done, seems a little crooked to me but i might be able to fix it when im done.
20130717_152153_zpse2685e16.jpg

A side view just showing progress.
20130717_152205_zps64fe5364.jpg

A better side view after lots of progress lol. As you can see i am still missing stuff though lol
20130717_170231_zpsb55ab432.jpg

Here is the front view. This is where im at now. I took this picture before i went to sleep for work lol. Again, same issue with the back a little where its crooked. But i should be able to fix it up when im all done building it. :)
20130717_170216_zpsdc5889a0.jpg

Well thats all for now. I can say this, i have learned quite a bit just cutting and glueing this thing together. There are ways i could have cut some pieces that i have already done to make them fit better. I might go back and try to fix them, bot sure yet because they work with how i did them though lol. We shall see what happens. :)
Hope you all are enjoying the pics. Comments and stuff welcome.

+sub, because foam helmets! Also Rogue. And files I've worked on.

I never get bored of seeing foam helmets - it takes just as much effort as pep to make it look good.
Great start so far. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

+sub, because foam helmets! Also Rogue. And files I've worked on.

I never get bored of seeing foam helmets - it takes just as much effort as pep to make it look good.
Great start so far. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I thank you lots for the file :) Glad you are liking the build so far. yeah i know there are things i could have done on certain pieces to make them fit better, but for my first time using foam im not going to complain. I can only get better :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

UPDATE!!!!!!

YAY i finished building it!!

Ok well here goes the pics and then you guys can tell me when you think. Now keep in mind, this is my first foam build and i can only get better, so i would like honest criticism :) otherwise i will not be able to improve. I also know now how i could have done a few pieces differently as i progressed with this build. So i will utilize what i have learned so far and what i will learn in the future to do better :)
Anyways on to pics!!

20130718_123914_zpsd216360f.jpg
20130718_123902_zpsca9f4f67.jpg
20130718_123923_zps9173f26a.jpg
20130718_123836_zps37cf0059.jpg
20130718_123849_zps15cb77ab.jpg

Now some with me wearing it. I admit, its still a bigger on the inside than i originally thought it was going to be but that is okay :) thats what padding is for lol.
I still need to install the visor, first i have to figure out where i put it lol

20130718_124140_zpsf336225d.jpg
20130718_124151_zpse74c0108.jpg

Well thats it for now :)
Hope everyone likes it

sweet mother of monkey nuts batman, it's been too long since I was on, I see you shot your old suit :( could have sold it. now your going with my idea about the halo 4 rouge, and you got the helmet donnish, but hey keep up the good work.

sweet mother of monkey nuts batman, it's been too long since I was on, I see you shot your old suit :( could have sold it. now your going with my idea about the halo 4 rouge, and you got the helmet donnish, but hey keep up the good work.

Nice to see ya fox. and now i would not have sold my suit to anyone. Not with how messed up it was.
Actually this is the halo 3 rogue still.
Thanks, ill do my best lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Ok everyone i have a new pic to post, I fixed my helmet.

Here is the new picsture. I fixed the top part of the helmet under the middle section that says Pg2
20130720_105752_zps292427d7.jpg

Here is the original way i had it. see if you guys understand what im talkin about.
20130718_123836_zps37cf0059.jpg

I like it! Its always nice to see clean seams on a foam build. Thats one thing that has had me putting off my reach build for so long.
Keep up the good work.

the one thing that's going to be hard is the painting, due two it's foam and not resin. and if it's the red and blue like his old suit, it's going to be harder. lol sorry guys just seen something that's NSFW and a comment below was going. nope, nope, nope, nope ... it was kind of funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back