Halo 4 RECON Build (with a female twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm back! I'm going to be starting my second build pretty soon! With my last build, my boyfriend and I did his/hers builds for Halloween and we built them both in a matter of a couple months! Here's the link to take a look :) http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37854-Kat-Reach-Armor

Now that I'll be starting a new one, I'm not on any sort of time frame. With this one, I want to take my time and make it look good (not that my last one didn't, but this time instead of aiming for completion, I'm aiming for perfection).
This year's build will be a female twist on the halo 4 recon armor.

Here's what I plan for this to look like for this build:
5IUEx_zps4248e9d3.png

I like the blue color, so I'll probably stick with that, and as for the silver color, idk if I want to make it a bit darker or keep it about that color...but the painting process is a bit further down the road, so I'm not too concerned about that right now. I'm also unsure as to if I'll stick with all of the pieces from the picture. I might change the shoulders, or make it to where I can always modify later on and add clips so that I can switch out shoulder pieces.

I'm completely open to any suggestions or advice before I start the build.

PROGRESS:
Helmet- found pep file!
Chest- found pep file!
Shoulder- found pep file!
Biceps-
Forearms-found pep file!
Waist(ish)-
Thighs-
Shins-
Boots-
Hands-found pep file!

As of today, I've found 4 different pep files, so my plan is to go get supplies tomorrow and start printing and such :) If anyone knows where I can find the rest of these files, please direct me that way! :D

There are no specific legs/boots for recon. The available leg pepakura files are Recruit, RG-63 Counter and XG-89 Narrow.

hey, i saw your forum post and iam wondering which torso piece you are using? the bad thing is, that iam still waiting for 2 models from some forum members out here ^^ one has offering me to build the chest piece by himself and he wants to follow my "advises" and special wishes. but i havent seen him since months (because the forum went down).
L3X isnt working on his recon torso anymore because he is still busy :-/

these two was the best chances to get a clean looking torso piece :)

the helmet by you, monkeyfuj, is totally great, but have some really hard spots to pep :-/ the carved baseline on top of the helmet for example and the front part for the attachments :)

hey, i saw your forum post and iam wondering which torso piece you are using? the bad thing is, that iam still waiting for 2 models from some forum members out here ^^ one has offering me to build the chest piece by himself and he wants to follow my "advises" and special wishes. but i havent seen him since months (because the forum went down).
L3X isnt working on his recon torso anymore because he is still busy :-/

these two was the best chances to get a clean looking torso piece :)

the helmet by you, monkeyfuj, is totally great, but have some really hard spots to pep :-/ the carved baseline on top of the helmet for example and the front part for the attachments :)

I'm using the chest piece unfolded by zhanpakto :)

Like others have said, you may have trouble finding the files. For things like the thighs, shins, and boots, I would honestly suggest going with foam, and having a hybrid build. It will prob save you some headaches in the long run if you can't find files.

If you have a really long deadline you can just build the pieces you have while waiting for someone who makes the files, but if you want to work on ALL the armor at the same time you must go foam,i saw your kat armor and i think that if you never tried doing something with foam starting with something detailed as a H4 armor is not a good idea...at least this is my opinion, maybe you are even better with foam and you will do an awesome job XD

Hey! I'm doing a recon helmet build right now too! I'll keep looking here to see how yours goes. Good luck. And also the pepping for it is a little difficult but it should come out in the bondo stage.

can I get the files from you and is there a difference between female and male

We have files in our Archive - please make sure you check the date of the previous post before entering your own. We discourage posting in threads that have been inactive for over a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back