Fallout 3 T-51b Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Govinator

Jr Member
Well I have made up my mined on what I want to build. I have chosen the Fallout 3 version of the T-51b Power armor. For right now I am half way through pepping the helmet. I noticed not that many people have made fallout armor so I searched for about a month and finally found all of the files for pepping. This I what I have completed so far.

IMG_0115_zpsa1babd22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This I a picture of what It will Look like when It's finished

IMG_0114_zpsaf611ef1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome! We don't get many Fallout builds around here which is quite a shame, but I'm looking forward to this.

it would be cool if you added some real gas filters to the helmet on the inside or something! :D Then you could use it :D But then ofcourse, you'd have to make it super air tight and it would probably be a bad idea to use it :S
nevermind XD
Awesome build! :D

Sooner or later i will build a power armor too...for now i just want to follow your work! keep it up man!

Ugh It has taken 3 hours just to finish to finish one side of the stupid ear things. I hate round pepakura parts, and each ear has 8 parts to It.

Did I love me some Fallout 3, was just thinking of making something from the game too. Super excited to see someone else doing it and doing it well so far. Can't wait to see how it comes along. Good luck!

Well I have finished peping the helmet. Their is going to be a LOT of bondo work just about every surface is going to have to have some because the entire helmet is round. I am going to start hardening and applying Rondo tomorrow.

IMG_0116_zps1d3c838c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0119_zps89d155e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0120_zps3db429ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The good thing about power armors is that you don't have to care too much for a perfect smoothness...since they are old and really used it's normal to have irregular surfaces or little scratchs...keep it up, you already choose if you will paint it normal style or "anchorage style"?

I don't know what I'm going to paint it yet. If I did do anchorage then I will have to find a really dull white color. If any thing I might just make a custom type make it like enclave T-51b Armor.

Well I'm almost done resining it but a cold front moved in and it when from being 80 out side to 60. So now its taking all night to dry. Hopefully tomorrow I can start Rondoing the inside.

Well I put about 3 coats of Rondo inside the helmet and started to apply Bondo to the top of the helmet. After awhile of searching for a Gatling Laser pepakura file and with no luck I decided to make my own this is my progress so far. I have been using solid works 2003 witch hurts how much its pixilated.

Solid_zpse79288cb.png
[/URL][/IMG]

The 3d model looks good so far. I have doe some work with inventor and it is never as simple as you wish it could be.

I'm almost done with bondoing the top and half of the leftside. When I mixed the Rondo I added fiber glass shards used for making boat hulls it really makes it a lot stronger.

IMG_0122_zps43b7c640.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0121_zpsdca438a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm Back

Well after a break and getting my first car here it is
1965 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88

R7G441T_zpsa7d8470f.jpg
[/URL]

Well here is some progress it's almost done just needs to have the bottom and a bit of the back bondoed

t-51b001_zpsed23453b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

t-51b003_zps842c3f3e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

t-51b002_zps61588893.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well this is as far on a helmet I have ever gotten too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back