Refined ODST pepakura file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jico

Hi 405th. I found an ODST pepakura file a while ago that was made by jtm1997 on the forum. The original model is very good, but I had a few problems with it. I tweaked and remade some parts of the model to make it more accurate. I think the original model was to round on the front. So I made adjustments to the top-front, visor, jawline and a few minor tweaks to the back. This is only a refinement of the original model. I was going to just use this for personal use, but I thought I would share it anyway.

New:

ODST_jtm_Improved_By_Jico_01_zps0869ff2b.png

Old:

ODST_jtm_Improved_By_Jico_02_zps231a02f1.png

New:

ODST_jtm_Improved_By_Jico_03_zps4d5ef839.png

Old:

ODST_jtm_Improved_By_Jico_04_zps756b0be6.png

Credits goes to jtm1997 for the original model and Hyperballistisk for the original unfold.

Download the new file here. Hope you like it.

Thanks for your time

-Jico

The only difference I can see, is that you removed the floating faces on the side of the jaw, and the square indents on the side near above the visor, and added that rectangular indent on the top...

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing all that much change from the original.
You didn't say what you changed to make it more accurate, so we're kind of guessing here.

E: And why on earth would you even consider using Comic Sans as a font? Please, don't do that - it hurts my typography senses.

The only difference I can see, is that you removed the floating faces on the side of the jaw, and the square indents on the side near above the visor, and added that rectangular indent on the top...

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing all that much change from the original.
You didn't say what you changed to make it more accurate, so we're kind of guessing here.

E: And why on earth would you even consider using Comic Sans as a font? Please, don't do that - it hurts my typography senses.

Yeah. I should call it "refined" rather than "improved". I spent a lot of time just tweaking the top so you get the proportions right. I love the original file, but I think the top-front and the visor are too round. So compared it to the game-model and made a bunch of small adjustments. This is just my personal preference, but I thought I would share it if other people had the same problems as me.

Edit: Updated the title and description. I can't fix the Comic Sans though:p I just used the font that was selected.

You never said whether or not you ever got permission to alter that file in the first place. Far be it for me to be forum police, but I'd be upset myself if people took my work and altered it without asking.

You never said whether or not you ever got permission to alter that file in the first place. Far be it for me to be forum police, but I'd be upset myself if people took my work and altered it without asking.

Sry, I'm just so used to the Reach days. Me and a few others were improving each others files all the time. We did ask each other in the tread's comments if it was okay, so I guess I should have checked with jtm before posting this. My bad, won't happen again.

well in a way we're taking 343 models and making armor from them without permission, I don't think it would be a big deal to mods someone's work.

There's nothing stopping anyone from doing so, and in fact many do. It's more of a principle than a legal issue. It just comes down to manners and how much you respect your fellow modelers/armorers. It's also a very good way to get a bad name here, and believe it or not, it is grounds for banishment form the forums, as has been the case in the past, as a case of disrespecting fellow forum members

true might be way many armorers I've ran in to have said they were kick from the 405th, heck I like it here, it's a learning place, and yeah everything I've made I've based it off one idea from the game, or got it from someone.

but one thing I've seen that the helmet is missing the little flashlight holder on the upper right side.

but one thing I've seen that the helmet is missing the little flashlight holder on the upper right side.

That's only if you're building Mickey's helmet. It's an add-on, and I believe the file for it is in the database, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back