Halo 4 Recon Armor (Foam Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORNGEsteel99

Hey guys, I've been on 405th for a while now, so I finally decided to start an armor (my first halo spartan armor, not SW Clone trooper armor). I Will keep updating the page with pics and progress, but for now I am busy and about to go on vacation so the first pics of the helmet and shoulder/bicep armor will be up ASAP. Oh and if you have any pep files for the outer plated forearms and the outer plated legs that would be amazing. And if you know how I could make the frost visor that would be double-amazing.

Frost Visor

Isn't the Frost Visor just a chrome or mirrored visor? If so, you can find these easily online and in some motorcycle shops throughout the US.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...LT/Roadster-Helmet-Faceshield/p/37072_59426_1

I don't know how good Bilt helmets are, but I know their visors are strong, look good, relatively cheap (at $15, a wonderful aspect) and I've been able to plow through them with a jig saw no problem. They make many variations, some with a nice convex design and others are nice and flat (which I think you'll need for the Recon visor).

If you're going to use something like this, I'd recommend putting masking tape all over the area you're going to saw through. This prevents scratching from...everything (whatever may scratch it, be it the jig saw or your hand slipping on a hack saw), cracking, and any sort of splintering. Makes cleaning up a lot easier too.

You can heat it gently with a hair dryer or heat gun (I've had to rely on the stove top more than once) and get the folds you need by bending it over blocks of wood.

Hope this helps and looking forward to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back