Virti's Freelance Agent York Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to fiberglass it later today but here is me with the bicep on with two coats of resin on

WIN_20130902_102555_zps13905e45.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I needed a undersuit type thing on top because the bicep was pretty big, then i remembered I used knee pads and elbow pads on my deadpool costume and I think that's how its going to work im going to make some kind of neck thing that's attached to the knee pads so that's what the black thing is underneath

and I know I look strange in this pic (I just woke up)

Well hello, im back after the first week of school and....I barely did anything. But tomorrow my parents are having a garage sale and I thought why not pep out my helmet, so that's what im doing. All I really did on my bicep was glass it and do a little bondo. well that's all till tomorrow and im not dead.

Well this week was fun with the second week of school I worked on my helmet this is what I got done

WIN_20130913_174117_zpsa1eb0474.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And at school I made this "cue theme music"

WIN_20130913_174031_zps8179a495.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well that's all for this week, and I am going to try doing a post on what I did every week on Fridays if nothing super important happens so until next time.

-Virti

early pre update on what im doing well I got a little done on the helmet and ive started on how im doing the visor well stay tuned till tomorrow :)

-Virti

Ok late update (because im way too lazy to move like 3 feet, average high school senior life)

but I moved my operations to my room because its finally getting chilly up here and I can work fine in the medium cold but here is what the helmet looks like

100_1736_zps3309ea69.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And my secret for the visor was this master piece

100_1734_zpsf0db90f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes im going to custom make my visor with a vacuum former. This is what ive been making in my woodshop class through the first few weeks of school so I am really hoping that I can get the helmet done before Halloween so I can do my last trick or treating (yes I still do that, its free candy, sue me or whatever) but im really getting close and im kind of happy that ive been working at a slow pase because I, like some people am impatient , but I get distracted really easy but then back on the project.

Well till next time

-Virti

I DID IT I FINISHED THE PEP (finally)

Well I was laying in my bed looking at the pep on my desk and I did it put the whole thing together finished it and im very pleased

but today I did a light coat of resin on the helmet today (started like this)

100_1739_zpsf24482e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The helmet after I resined it

100_1740_zps25975fc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And I get what you guys and gals say to use a little resin not a lot because I got a hockey puck afterwards :p

100_1741_zpsf39e6982.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

well tomorrow im going to put a second coat on and fiberglass the inside

Well until tomorrow
-Virti

Ok ive been gone for like most of October on this build, but in about a week Im going to get back going on this build (last week of cross country need to run faster than 20:02 :p ). But I was wondering about all you people up north how cold is too cold for resin and bondo because here in MI the temperature took a nose dive in the past week and im working on getting a heater but I would like to know how cold it will have to be until I have to stop? thanks and I will be back on as soon as possible :)

-Virti

Well i've taken a break from my build to build something a little challenging and I have been working on Rundown's elite skull
WIN_20131029_215609_zpsff4e5b4c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
(that is a older picture I finished the skull). But I tell you this, the jaw pieces are one of the hardest things ever. I've been working on the one for about a week now and that thing really grinds my gears. If anyone has done that before can you please tell me some tips on putting the jaw together, it will be much appreciated :)

Until next time
-Virti

Merry Christmas to all of the 405th im working very slowly (the temperatures have been in the teens in Michigan :( ) but the good news is that i got a space heater to try to beat the cold (if anyone has tips on using small room ones in big spaces hit me up). But i got this sweet t-shirt that all you Iron Man builders would appreciate :)

IronMan3shirt_zps148cef1a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Happy Holidays :)
-Virti

well i haven't posted in a while but just a little update im working on the chest and i have to say this is the smothest pep i have ever done (even though its taking forever :p)

Chests_zps951c8b7b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And ive been using my old chest as a reference to where things are placed but now im really seeing where i went wrong

Chestsize_zps154a6e67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But im working quicker now that ive seen the light at the end of the tunnel for this completed pep. I know that im doing the boots and handplates next (i have an idea for something later this year ;) ), but that is only going to happen when i finish the chest.

And on the future note i have an idea for some unique battle damage that i think Rooster Teeth should have had on York so stay tuned!

until next time
-Virti

Ok another update
i just have finished the pepping for the chest and let me say it came out way cleaner than before, the first time i did the chest i had a few helpers cut out the parts and that didn't go over so well. Also i did the first one with hot glue and i don't see how i even completed that small of a pep with a huge glue gun. but i totally recommend using tacky glue to do pep with its workable for about 30 seconds and then straight to solid. Well before i get side tracked here are some pictures of the finished part.
Frontofboth_zpsb355daa4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Backofboth_zps207eb7a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
BottomNew_zps2fafc108.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Bottomold_zpse56af4d2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FullChest_zpsb7f33299.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So while i was doing this i came across a problem, which in my case i don't even thing this part should be there but it is, there are these little dents on the shoulders that i had to go look at several reference pictures to see it i was just crazy or is it actually there, so i scaled the pieces to the right size and re-printed them (sorry for the blurriness took them with my Ipod)

chestsholderdip_zpsc291a318.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the part where i totally knew I've gotten better at this by looking back..

New
BackDetail_zpsf077176d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Old
OldBack_zps6c55b888.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well now i start on the boot (one of the only parts i dont have one done yet ).

And P.S.
This is that thing i was talking about earlier about battle damage, for all you RvB fans out there this is what im planning on doing for the damage

Yorkpose_zpsf0688cdc.png
[/URL][/IMG]

what i want to do is make this more of a after Freelancer York so im including intense battle damage to the armor on the left side (because they cleaned it up pretty good in the show). So im going to harden and smooth out the helmet and chest (bicep is 80% done) and set off a paint grenade to make some kind of reference on where to cut the damage out of.

Well until next time
-Virti

Much better pep on the second chest. I agree, your skills have definitely improved. Oh I can't forget, go deadpool!

Thanks for the support :)

UPDATE
Well here we go
i managed to get a lot of pieces pepped and im almost done with glassing the helmet, after putting one coat on a day its hard to do another. well here are some progress pics
Right Shin:
100_1760_zpsd533100e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Left boot with boots that were labeled as free:
100_1762_zps2f6dd969.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And my right thigh (thats in progress) the one on the left was too small (and was for the left side) and the one on the right was too big (measured to the top of the hip not the ball and socket joint)
100_1763_zps3855c43d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
the glue i use is craft tacky glue, in small amounts it bonds in about 10 seconds but in large quantities its a no no

I should have the thigh done and the helmet glassed by the end of the week

Well until next time

-Virti

Looking pretty good! Are you going to try and finish it before Motor City Comic Con by any chance?

No, but i'm planning to go one of these days and tanks for the complement

WELL ITS TIME FOR BONDO

well yesterday i got home from a trip to Chicago and i got to work around 10 today by cutting the neck area so i can fit my strangely wide head (it was difficult to fit in but not any more)

so here is a picture of the first coat i put on there is bondo on the top and a lot on the bottom of the brim because it buckled a tad at the bottom. so here is the helm

Helmet1stcoatbondo_zps1377d75d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

so then i worked throughout the day using Cereal's razor blade trick, put about 4 coats on and came out like this (still needs work)

HelmetBeforeprime_zps8aded4db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then the coat of primer (it really needs work)

Helmetafterprime_zpsfa9fbaee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So tomorrow i hope to finish either the front or the whole top for the primary coat of bondo than the detail coat which would come when the whole helmet is finished with the primary bondo coat

So if anyone has any suggestions/crits they are welcome

Well until next time
-Virti

Well here's is the next thing
UPDATE[
Well i have been working on my helmet and have made some interesting progress on this suit and some decisions. well here are the pics from the brim of the helm which i have put the raised details on using the sticky back foamies method
1544437_954796157870384_455602720307386805_n.jpg
10537169_954917907858209_1770294278878086379_n.jpg
10269467_954940424522624_4299209370194118543_n.jpg

I also have decided to mold the hand plate (sense its the same on both sides) so i reduced my pep completion to 4 parts left till i have the entire frame done, yay!

till next time
-Virti

Behold Virti has returned from the lurk
UPDATE
View attachment 9339

So welcome back to the chaos which is my York build, the past few months sense I started college have been pretty hectic but now I can slowly get back into this. So as you see from the picture above I have a majority of the pep work done I hope to finish the left right bicep pep soon, I am only making one handplate because I plan on casting it.

WP_20150301_21_19_55_Pro.jpg

What I've been working on the other hand is my new workbench so my basement is kinda destroyed now until the paint on the floor dries

WP_20150301_21_20_08_Pro.jpg

This is where I have been working on my pep and will continue to do so

WP_20150301_21_20_23_Pro.jpg

And what I'm really excited about is my first personal scroll saw, I hope to ba able to make some of those MDF rifles that Bill at Punished Props showed how to do

WP_20150301_21_22_54_Pro.jpg

And I don't think I showed you all but I finished my BR 55, it was a pretty hectic but turned out alright just need to get some PVC pipes and expanding foam to harden it

Well that's all for my build currently i will put up pics when i finish the workbench and tell about it so

Next time
-Virti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back