Helmet Fan(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cha0skn1ght

I did a quick search of the forum but nothing came back that jumped out at me. Does anyone know what is the best fan to get for a Mark VI helmet?
Thanks in advance

People usually get whatever is the most applicable for their individual helmet. Each one can take different sizes in different locations. But usually I've seen people using those little dc computer fans, just be sure to get the right power going to them. A quick poke at google for "star wars helmet cooling fans" is a good place to start looking, I found this:
http://www.501st-creations.co.uk/store3.htm#vortex

In the future this could be asked in the "Help! For Electronics" thread.

if you have an old computer rip the fans out. if not radioshack has PC fans. throw a small vent hole in front of it to circulate air. youd be amazed that you dont need alot.

I feel like the pc fans will be too big. I want a fan that is less than 2". I'm going to check radio shack to see if they have any small fans, but I will probably have to order offline. I'm fairly adept in wiring and such I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good small size from somewhere specific that had a pretty decent life expectancy.
thanks again for the info everyone

Save your self the pain and get a couple of these...Sunon Blower Fan... there so much better then the standard PC fans everyone suggests, basically they suck air in from the top and blow it out the side instead of out the bottom.

I attached the video I made of my helmet I use for airsoft, and with how its currently set up, I have no fogging issues with just one fan.

Edit: Oh and its quite too, I ask guys at the fields I play at if they could hear my fan and unless they were an uncomfortably close to me, they couldn't here it...

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the fans I use. http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70225876
Should be perfect for what you need, fit it right in the master chief helmet, the spot in front of your mouth, no worries it won't be close to hurt, and cut vents outside on the front, they look fine, and you're good to go.
Have it pull air in. I run on 3 AA batteries, rechargeable, and it will run for about 25-30 hours a charge. Keeps me from sweating and visor fogging.
One fan to cool them all! :p

These are the fans I use. http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70225876
Should be perfect for what you need, fit it right in the master chief helmet, the spot in front of your mouth, no worries it won't be close to hurt, and cut vents outside on the front, they look fine, and you're good to go.
Have it pull air in. I run on 3 AA batteries, rechargeable, and it will run for about 25-30 hours a charge. Keeps me from sweating and visor fogging.
One fan to cool them all! :p
Thanks transmut1 :)
My local RadioShack actually had some great micro fans. I was able to put two fans in the helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back