Pregnant Female Mark VI Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG DRAGON072

Since I started my Daedric Armor build, my wife has been asking me what she is supposed to dress up as when we go to our next convention. I decided, with our love for Halo and all, that I could change up my build and do a Mark VI suit for myself (which I've been doing alongside the Daedric build) and make her a Female version of the same armor. While browsing our lovely community here on the 405th, I stumbled upon female Mark VI files, and I decided to grab them.

I have one issue in regards to this armor, and by reading the title of this post, you'll figure it out:

SHE'S PREGNANT...

So, I don't know how I would go about molding a suit to fit around her belly. My options I have derived are as follows:

1. Pep the armor to fit over her stomach, and finish the armor accordingly,
2. Resin and cut out that section of the piece, and leave that area open/uncovered,
3. Build that section out of foam.

I will be posting pictures as soon as I'm finished pepping the rest of these pieces, and since I'm racing the clock, and I'm an avid perfectionist, I'll be using the low res files instead of HD pep files, that way I can pep two whole sets of armor in the amount of time it will take to build one HD set.

Any questions/comments/suggestions are more than welcome, and I welcome everyone to come along on this ride with me.

There's a number of factors you have to think about, and this is a touchy subject so I'll do my best to be tactful. How far along is she? And also, how far along will she be by the time she'll wear the suit? She will likely grow more than you think she will, and just to be on the safe side you should make the appropriate pieces larger. Here's what I suggest. Make the chest piece just a little larger, but omit the tab that comes out from the bottom in the front. That would be uncomfortable on her belly I think. You may even consider not using the codpiece at all, considering that the weight of her stomach would make the edge of it dig into her. I think if you incorporated some sort of maternity skirt or dress to lay over her stomach, that would distract from the lack of codpiece. The best part about this idea I think is that you can keep the armor, add the tab in later in possible, and she can wear it again after the pregnancy. I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Java

Maybe instead of a cod piece you can make a baby spartan outline from craft foam and attach it to her stomach. The head can be a Mark VI helmet.

There's a number of factors you have to think about, and this is a touchy subject so I'll do my best to be tactful. How far along is she? And also, how far along will she be by the time she'll wear the suit? She will likely grow more than you think she will, and just to be on the safe side you should make the appropriate pieces larger. Here's what I suggest. Make the chest piece just a little larger, but omit the tab that comes out from the bottom in the front. That would be uncomfortable on her belly I think. You may even consider not using the codpiece at all, considering that the weight of her stomach would make the edge of it dig into her. I think if you incorporated some sort of maternity skirt or dress to lay over her stomach, that would distract from the lack of codpiece. The best part about this idea I think is that you can keep the armor, add the tab in later in possible, and she can wear it again after the pregnancy. I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Java

She will be 6 months along by the time of the convention, so it's gonna be hard to tell how big she will be. I was thinking about maybe making the cod piece out of foam, or some sort of stuffed fabric like a pillow underwear of sorts. I do like your idea on having a maternity skirt/dress, so I'll toss that idea at her. I was also thinking, maybe I could make the piece interchangeable in the case where after the pregnancy if she decides to wear it again, she will have the piece to fit her non-pregnant stomach. And also if she gets pregnant again, she'll have the piece to go there again.

Maybe instead of a cod piece you can make a baby spartan outline from craft foam and attach it to her stomach. The head can be a Mark VI helmet.

That's not a bad idea neither. I think that would be potentially humorous to be honest. No one is expecting to see a pregnant SPARTAN, let alone one with a baby attached haha.

As an update, I will be taking pictures tonight and posting them to at least show some sign of progress. With the Halo 4 Global Championship going on this weekend, it kinda got me hyped up to play a little Halo, so I've been slacking a bit on pepping. So give me a bit to finish pepping some more, and you'll see what I've got so far.

Thanks

I've finished pepping the helm, just need to add the supports before I resin to ensure no warping happens. It really tested my patience, and beginner pepping skills as well. i feel I didn't do too bad a job. Any suggestions? Other than not to EVER use FlyingSquirl files anymore? ;) Haha

Front Shot
1175324_4838329531193_1643784360_n_zpsfffe2364.jpg

Rear Shot
1175233_4838330371214_1648572900_n_zpseeb1f030.jpg

Top View
1237169_4838330651221_966049328_n_zps9316600c.jpg

Side View
1234801_4838330051206_696200320_n_zps685b9f7f.jpg

Comments and criticism is more than welcome. Any tips or suggestions to help are appreciated!!

Attachments

• 1175324_4838329531193_1643784360_n_zpsfffe2364.jpg
    1175324_4838329531193_1643784360_n_zpsfffe2364.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 1175233_4838330371214_1648572900_n_zpseeb1f030.jpg
    1175233_4838330371214_1648572900_n_zpseeb1f030.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 1237169_4838330651221_966049328_n_zps9316600c.jpg
    1237169_4838330651221_966049328_n_zps9316600c.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 1234801_4838330051206_696200320_n_zps685b9f7f.jpg
    1234801_4838330051206_696200320_n_zps685b9f7f.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 145
Looks like you did fine. Flying_Squirl's files are about the top tier you're going to find with respects to Halo 3 armor. They can be complicated, but they're worth it.

Looks like you did fine. Flying_Squirl's files are about the top tier you're going to find with respects to Halo 3 armor. They can be complicated, but they're worth it.

There are some sections with MINOR warping, but I think that could be due to the fact I don't have the inside supports in yet. Or it could be a few numbers weren't exactly lined up 100% perfect. And I agree, it seems as though the HD files require less work when it comes to using the bondo, since you don't have to create the details by hand. I wouldn't know since I haven't gotten that far in a build yet. But thanks man!!

I'm currently trying to work on pepping the shins, while my attention keeps straying to look at everyone's builds/posts.

I'm currently trying to work on pepping the shins, while my attention keeps straying to look at everyone's builds/posts.

Well, feel free to stop by and take a gander at mine (link in signature). I have a lot of suggestions in there covering a number of common problems.

So, I found a decent low res .pdo file of the female Mark VI chest piece, and whoever unfolded it, did it backwards. This is what I'm looking at,...

femchest_zps3a7cef18.png

You can see how it looks inside out,.. I looked at the 2D side, and it's unfolded to be built from the inside, so if I pep it, I'll have all the glue tabs on the outside of the build. My question is, is there any way I can invert it so I can pep it normally? Or am I stuck with doing it this way? I have no problem with pepping it, I'll just have more to smooth when I have to bondo, which shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• femchest_zps3a7cef18.png
    femchest_zps3a7cef18.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 215
if your using the edge ids then flip the marking for a valley fold make it a mount fold and so forth but if your not using edge ids then it shouldn't be a problem to just clue on the inside.

if your using the edge ids then flip the marking for a valley fold make it a mount fold and so forth but if your not using edge ids then it shouldn't be a problem to just clue on the inside.

I thought about this, I may just go ahead an try that. I thought about just inverting the pieces in the 2D menu and trying that, but, you know, don't wanna waste paper for no reason,... Haha Thanks brother.

30 days to complete the build,...

The convention we are going to is in 30 days, so I'm on a tight schedule to complete her suit. I've decided to use foam on the stomach piece. Pep on the chest is almost finished. We had to move this last week so the builds have been put on hold for a bit, so sorry for the delay. I should have the chest finished later on today, so pictures will be posted. I'll be running on Monster and Coffee for the next month, haha, so no time for Xbox Live. So if you don't see me on, you'll know why. No Ricochet for me. Haha.

Updates soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back