Unfolded Gears of war Gorgon pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave8706

hi all, fairly new to this forum. been skulking around for a few months as a guest/visitor
i came across the gears of war pep database.
with my mjolnir mkvi armor, getting to me quite a bit, cutting and folding is all i seem to do :$
thought id try to unfold something. at the time i didnt know of the open edge selection, i unfolded & manipulated the 2D pieces

it went from this
gorgonpistol.jpg

to this
Gorgonpistolunfold.jpg

pep file
http://www.4shared.com/file/A5vBuSrl/Gorgon_Burst_Pistol_-_unfold_D.html

this is my first attempt, please be gentle :)

Attachments

• gorgonpistol.jpg
    gorgonpistol.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Gorgonpistolunfold.jpg
    Gorgonpistolunfold.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 299
hi all, fairly new to this forum. been skulking around for a few months as a guest/visitor
i came across the gears of war pep database.
with my mjolnir mkvi armor, getting to me quite a bit, cutting and folding is all i seem to do :$
thought id try to unfold something. at the time i didnt know of the open edge selection, i unfolded & manipulated the 2D pieces

-snip-

this is my first attempt, please be gentle :)

Anytime someone unfolds/models, it helps the community as a whole, thank you.

it was quite a learning experience & somewhat enjoyable.
the file itself needs further scaling up, i started pep'in it out and the hand grip is about 30mm too short for my hand
i'm questioning the amount of pieces.. too many?
thoughts while unfolding was to have as many glue tabs as i could to make it more sturdy. being hollow when complete

I have to say thank you!!!! I probably wont be doing any gears of war builds for a while but if I did this would be the weapon. Big Thanks!

I love how awful the Pepakura default unfolder is... it tries its best but usually ends up butchering it a bit. You certainly did a bang-up job cleaning it.

I have to say thank you!!!! I probably wont be doing any gears of war builds for a while but if I did this would be the weapon. Big Thanks!

I love how awful the Pepakura default unfolder is... it tries its best but usually ends up butchering it a bit. You certainly did a bang-up job cleaning it.

the only problem i see from it is there are quite a few unattached parts, dont know yet if i can edit the file to join these pieces to make it one solid object within pd3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back