RoboCop Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax79

I have decided to build a 1987 Robocop and I will wear it to the February 2014 premier!

CAN I BUILD IT IN TIME? watch and find out!!

Here we go....................

photo_zpsa7c4a5a1.jpg

I'm using foam as I wish to build this before Christmas, I will add art and textures in Jan and wear in Feb.

2_zps5ac9d8c6.jpg

I will add more photos as I build!!!!! HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS BUILD!

1_zpsaf828fff.jpg

Attachments

• photo_zpsa7c4a5a1.jpg
    photo_zpsa7c4a5a1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 2_zps5ac9d8c6.jpg
    2_zps5ac9d8c6.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 1_zpsaf828fff.jpg
    1_zpsaf828fff.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,058
Hey, this is pretty cool! Only thing I have to say is go buy some more razor blades. Dull blades are why some of your edges are frayed. Keep up the good work, man. I'll be watching this one! :)

-Ryan

Yeah! Foam kills a blade fast!! I'm just getting the shape right then I will use my drimel to smooth the item before adding the under coats etc, but glad you like it so far and I hope you like my finished product!!!

Just added the chest panels. I will add a bit of foam here and there tomorrow and then I will tidy up the armour and sand all corners and round things off! Then I will start on my arms. I'm not going to make the same mistake I made with my Noble 6 suite-My helmet was a slightly different color as I added the art at different times. This time I will add color and pain to the whole suite at the same time to help keep it all matching!!!!!!!!!!!!

securedownload1_zpsa629447d.jpg

Attachments

• securedownload1_zpsa629447d.jpg
    securedownload1_zpsa629447d.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 456
Also if your intrested!

Being a Youtuber, I have set a Robocop challenge up! I will also be posting a video or videos of my build. I will add then to 405th as long as you guy don't mind me building a Robocop on a Halo website!

Dax79

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys! Any advice on how to get a smooth rounded helmet top made from foam? I saw MSTRUVMGC's foam top that was great, but RoboCop is VERY Smooth! my1st attempt is in the bin lol

Neck Added!

Added neck and chest 'pins' all looking good .
Decided to build it so the costume is tight fitting, I will use magnets to hold the parts together.
I can not wait to Cosplay this!!!!

Still looking for ideas on how to build a smooth top to the helmet......... CAN YOU HELP?

null_zps261ccb9d.jpg

null_zpsa1de274f.jpg

Attachments

• null_zpsa1de274f.jpg
    null_zpsa1de274f.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 294
  • null_zps261ccb9d.jpg
    null_zps261ccb9d.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 334
Well my suggestion is to maybe try and draw out the shape you want on to the foam out of one piece. From the way im invisioning it, it would be a half circle of some sort. I think that would make it easier to do rather that the way i did my helmet. I probably could have done a better job on my helmet back but of well, perhaps ill redo it later :)

If what i said doesnt make sense then let me know and i can try and take some pics for examples :)

I will try thanks! I may try using my heat gun and slowly form the top.... I don't know if that would work using standered floor foam... I will check out the template tonight thanks.

I will post my top as soon!

Top Hat....

I added a plastic top to my first helmet (Test helmet as toooooo small) It looked good but I have had to up the scale 10%

null_zps364e6807.jpg

I will work on another foam top soon unless I can find a nice smooth top like the smaller helmet....

Attachments

• null_zps364e6807.jpg
    null_zps364e6807.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 289
The heat gun on the floor mat would probably work. But if you can find something that would work better like for the smaller helmet then that would be great too :)
Ill keep my eyes on this

Best way to make a smooth round top is to heat the foam then push it inside of a bowl, you may have to repeat the process a few times but you should end up with a nice round dome if done correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back