handle_zps8c1741c4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,167
  • energy-sword_zps24c349bd.jpg
    energy-sword_zps24c349bd.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Untitled_zps2d9b994c.png
    Untitled_zps2d9b994c.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 220
Off to a good start, you nailed the handle in SketchUp. Making the blade as realistic as possible is going to be the harder part though.. Good luck.

The blade might not be as big a problem as you think. Depending on the size of the handle, you might be able to use it to conceal a couple of EL wire power packs. Snake the wires along the inside of the blade and set them to flash at different intervals. Depending on their length and brightness (some of them are really bright now), you might have a perfect looking energy sword.

alright, i'm already finding myself in a bit of a pickle,
note i don't have much experience in modeling
anyone knows the best way to pull/push in a curved manner to make the handles in sketchup?

If you want to make it ultra detailed, the best suggestion I can give is to do it sliced. 1mm slicing would probably work the best for the sharpest details. Either that, or make a pep version, solid fill it with casting resin, and go to town with a rotary tool.

If you want to make it ultra detailed, the best suggestion I can give is to do it sliced. 1mm slicing would probably work the best for the sharpest details. Either that, or make a pep version, solid fill it with casting resin, and go to town with a rotary tool.

i do have a cnc machine and a 3d printer, so that should be no problem :)

update time:

i made the sword in cut3d in order to cnc machine it in foam,
i tried to make my drill as small as possible (1.5mm)
then i send it to the machine and the beauty came out

next step is to make a silicone mold.

pictures:
null_zps7f7a4966.jpg
null_zps1a812764.jpg
null_zps1e91ef91.jpg
null_zps216d14a5.jpg

null_zps55380822.jpg

Attachments

• null_zps7f7a4966.jpg
    null_zps7f7a4966.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 209
  • null_zps55380822.jpg
    null_zps55380822.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 199
  • null_zps216d14a5.jpg
    null_zps216d14a5.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 198
  • null_zps1e91ef91.jpg
    null_zps1e91ef91.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 219
  • null_zps1a812764.jpg
    null_zps1a812764.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 199
Looking good! How are you going to keep the blades from flapping around? I made a sword a while back and the blades wouldn't stay put.

Looking good! How are you going to keep the blades from flapping around? I made a sword a while back and the blades wouldn't stay put.
I think i'll make them with 3 edges in a pyramid shape,
that way it can't move and there is space for lightning, still working on a plan

suggestions are welcome

There's an anodized steel halo reach sword that looks pretty good on Amazon, if you want to see that. Building it yourself is much better though :)

Just looking at the preview of the SketchUp model, it does not look bad. The only thing that sticks out to me is that the tips of the blades are too close together. There should be a significant gap between the two.

Just looking at the preview of the SketchUp model, it does not look bad. The only thing that sticks out to me is that the tips of the blades are too close together. There should be a significant gap between the two.

thanks for the advice, i will change this right away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back