Halo Reach Pilot Helmet-Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

Haven't been on the 405th for a hot minute, but I wanted to share this Reach Pilot helmet I just completed for a client. LMK What you guys think!

jkZv3hQh.jpg

L8AmJY1h.jpg

kVOk83bh.jpg

4ChRVomh.jpg

TcPYwf1h.jpg

IPqz19Ah.jpg

1i3PwKZh.jpg

More photos here! http://imgur.com/a/C4289

Thanks!

-TC

Attachments

• jkZv3hQh.jpg
    jkZv3hQh.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 911
  • L8AmJY1h.jpg
    L8AmJY1h.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 223
  • kVOk83bh.jpg
    kVOk83bh.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 4ChRVomh.jpg
    4ChRVomh.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 225
  • TcPYwf1h.jpg
    TcPYwf1h.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IPqz19Ah.jpg
    IPqz19Ah.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 1i3PwKZh.jpg
    1i3PwKZh.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 235
I didn't produce the visor myself. I was lucky enough to get it along with the helmet (I can't remember who it was that actually sculpted the helmet) but I received it from Tony of stony props awhile back when they started forming up. He put a good amount of effort into making adjustments to the visor to make it fit tighter/better, but it helped only so much, as there were multiple gaps between it and the actual helmet.

What I ended up doing was attaching the visor to the helmet (this was a pain as some parts were persistent in not staying down!) and using steel putty, filling the gaps all around the main/lower portions of the helmet. It took along time and a lot of careful work, as I had to sand it down and essentially "re-sculpt" the lower "jaw" details. In the end, the visor is now pretty flush to the actual helmet and appears much nicer IMO.

To answer your question; yes, the visor was indeed the worst part

Awesome job! I have a question though... what do you mean by client, do you sell armor/props for a living?

Thanks!

It's easier for me to refer to the person who commissioned me for the work as a client VS "some guy who's paying me for work."

I wish I could do some of this for a living TBH

The Helmet is BEAUTIFUL! and I totally know how you feel I wish I could do this stuff for a living as well lol :D

Holy moly, I love the attention to wear! That thing looks like a military antique! I could see American Pickers 2557 finding this thing in an attic or something and paying top dollar for! Well done brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back