My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that big of a deal, a lot of people consider it Mark VII due to 343's complete revamp of the suit, technically it's an upgraded version of Mark VI thanks to Cortana, however it can't be called just Mark VI any more, as it's noticeably different from the H3/War Games Mark VI. Then again it certainly isn't Mark VII, despite the uncanny resemblance to it. Nobody ever settled on a name for it, and so it's known as both VI and VII simply because it is neither of them, but somewhere inbetween.

I consider it Mark VI, but if I was to correct every person who considers it VII then I'd need to clear my schedule for a decade or two. To be honest people should start calling it Mark VI [C] or something to make it clearer, as the upgrades, both Cortana's "Software" and 343's design, make it so different that it seems silly to call it by Mark VI anymore. When I hear VI I still think Halo 3 as to me it's the most iconic and known version of the suit.

By the way, nice thread. Your pep work is nice and clean, and I see no warping. Can't wait to see more.

-S420

eheh...Thanks for the explanation! I'll call it mark 6.5 then ;)

By the way, I thought that this was the mark VII since this is the name of the folder of the Halo 4 Database in the 405th Pepakura database....

I've started to pep the helmet (I've token the model by Kingrahl)....let's see how long it will take to finish it ;)

eheh...Thanks for the explanation! I'll call it mark 6.5 then ;)

By the way, I thought that this was the mark VII since this is the name of the folder of the Halo 4 Database in the 405th Pepakura database....

I've started to pep the helmet (I've token the model by Kingrahl)....let's see how long it will take to finish it ;)

Yeah just as I said, even the 405th database owner considers it Mark VII, it all boils down to preferences. Mark 6.5 sounds good, it's a shame the Romans didn't implement decimal points into their numeric system. I like Roman Numerals :3.

I've started to pep the helmet (Kingrahl model).....This is the result of the first hours of hard work....Good....with this speed I'll complete it when Halo 23 will be available...

1Novembre_zps10a4b06a.jpg

Attachments

• 1Novembre_zps10a4b06a.jpg
    1Novembre_zps10a4b06a.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 203
Biceps + Shoulders ready for primer after three layers of bondo plus a fourth application on the remaining imperfections (together with some putty)

Shoulders_bondo_zpsa8c12c31.jpg

Attachments

• Shoulders_bondo_zpsa8c12c31.jpg
    Shoulders_bondo_zpsa8c12c31.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 218
HELP!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

This is my helmet so far:

Elmo_prova_zps2412b045.jpg

I'm obsessed by the idea that it is too small. However, compared with a plastic helmet that I have and that fits good on my big head, it looks OK...So I need you opinion....Is it OK? too small?

Thanks!!! And thank Kingrahl for the fantastic model...

Attachments

• Elmo_prova_zps2412b045.jpg
    Elmo_prova_zps2412b045.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 230
I just hope you know that the shoulder pieces you are using are NOT the shoulders that Master Chief has in Halo 4. ;) Not sure if you were putting your own twist on the look, but those are the shoulders he has in Halo 3.

Anyway, you're work is looking pretty good. You did some nice pep work. :)

And as for your helmet, it looks like it might be too small. You need to consider that once you fiberglass the inside, it WILL make it seem smaller and it will become even SMALLER if you go to put any padding in it. When you measure from the bottom of your chin to the very top of your head, it's good to add about 2 inches to that measurement.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I decided to do the shoulders of the H3 suit because I didn't like the H4 ones....but honestly now I regret that choice....when I'll finish hardening and peping all the pieces I'll so the high definition H4 shoulders. For the helmet, I'll try to understand if there are two inches of space between my head/face and the paper....

So....real measures: from the chin to top of my head the size is between 9.4 and 9.8 inches (my hairs are kind of crazy right now ;) ).....The measure of my model from pepakura is 10.9 inches....so I'll need another one following what you say....right?

So....real measures: from the chin to top of my head the size is between 9.4 and 9.8 inches (my hairs are kind of crazy right now ;) ).....The measure of my model from pepakura is 10.9 inches....so I'll need another one following what you say....right?
Don't measure it withyour hair. XD lol Imagine if you were bald. You don't need to include your hair if your hair stands straight up. You want to measure as close to your skull as possible. I guess it's safe to say that the height of your head is 9 and a half inches, yes? If so, you could scale the helmet to about 11 and a half inches. You should even be safe with just 11 inches. And I'll make it easy for you.......since pepakura works in mm, put THIS number in the box for height when you scale: 275. :p

OK....I'll stick with this model at the moment....I'll continue to do it and keep my fingers crosses. Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back