My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Cortana used nano machines to edit the suit, incorperating designs from Mk VI and Mk IV, that's why that was the armour in the prologue cutscene.
Nano machines are used to repair the suit they can't just make it look completely different it sounds ridiculous that would be destroying and remaking the suit while he is in there you are wrong. 343 isn't Bungie one way they showed this is by remaking how every character looked.

@xxxxMONSTERxxxx The Mk VI has firmware designed to upgrade the suit. It says so on wikis and Cortana says it herself. But as for your "they showed this by remaking how every character looked." comment, I can agree because, look at Thel Vadam. Bungie would've kept the older arbiter armour. Also, the Halo 4 prologue doesn't really make much sense. The Mk VI only saw action for the Chief and there weren't really armies of SPARTAN-IIs with Gen 1 Mk VI busting up covenant storm. Anyway... this discussion should be on a different thread :unsure

Well...guys, this conversation was useful to me too...I stopped saying that I'm building the mark VII but the H4 armor...I should also change the title of this thread...

Preparing the chest for assembling and re-hardening some deformed (after the moving) parts...

20Dec_Assembling and rehardening the chest (1).JPG
20Dec_Assembling and rehardening the chest (2).JPG

Looking real good! Good catch on Carpathia's part on the Biceps. With regards to sanding and bondo prep... are you using sanding blocks? If not, this may help... as well as glazing putty. (Your bondo mix and technique looks solid... color is very consistent. Keep up the good work. Can' t wait to see more updates!

I missed viewing the last log page (Page 6) on my last post. Looking great! Looks like you over came the bondo sanding challenges. Very clean work.

Thanks guys! I'm not using glazing putty anymore. The bondo I'm using here in Italy is more soft and pasty than the one I've been using in US ...

people, I'm digging the forum looking for tips on how to connect the two parts of the chest...if you have some good suggestion, well....thanks ;)

in my designs I was going to find some strong small craft magnets. or the good old squeeze clips.

Not sure if this helps you, but this comes pretty close to the actual buckle they might use without being too flashy,
it should stay concealed pretty well. All you would need is a few nylon belts to secure them to.
Then attach each side with buckles.

http://www.amazon.com/50-Economy-Co...e=UTF8&qid=1421035986&sr=8-3&keywords=buckles

I know they also sell nylon belt in combination with the wider buckles on amazon.
You just need to search "nylon straps"

Hope this helps. :)

Not sure if this helps you, but this comes pretty close to the actual buckle they might use without being too flashy,
it should stay concealed pretty well. All you would need is a few nylon belts to secure them to.
Then attach each side with buckles.

http://www.amazon.com/50-Economy-Co...e=UTF8&qid=1421035986&sr=8-3&keywords=buckles

I know they also sell nylon belt in combination with the wider buckles on amazon.
You just need to search "nylon straps"

Hope this helps. :)

I don't think you'd even need the straps. Just get the normal straight ones and integrate them into the armour so that the 'slot' is hidden out of sight and the insert sticks out from the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back