reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good! I always love to see Elite builds and yours is fantastic! I am definitely subscribing to this tread.
Thanks. I check each day to see if someone has started a build. So many ODST's and Spartans...not enough Sangheili. I work on it when I can, but I am determined to finish.
Another elite build. Look so good man. I love it
Thanks. I'm trying to keep it as close to the model on Rainbow Dash's thread, as I can.
OMG! This looks so damn impressive! I'm happy you uploaded some progess pics! It's normal that your head barely sticks out of the torso. Otherwise it wouldn't be an elite! ;)
What file did you use for the torso? There's a cleaned up version for the Elite Ultra that Crimmson did a while ago! http://www.mediafire.com/view/6ye967hnrhtx177/reach_elite_ultra_armor_V3.obj Still needs to be unfolded, I didn't find the time to do it yet. Just to let you know. It may be a little easiere, those are a lot of foam pieces you're using there.
Thanks mate. It's a little rough, since I used smaller pieces. But I have watched EVAkura's tutorials on foam and I hope to put his teachings to use. Yea, I think I saw his torso after I started. I'm using the torso from the 2m full armor set on your elite thread. Since the armor is all scaled together, once I make the Digi Grade Stilts, I should be just over 2m tall. Guess that's cheating a bit on scaling each part separately to fit me. But the armor will look correct. I will look small in it, I'm sure.

A few more photos... this time the back half of the torso.
058_zps280e3a86.jpg059_zps6ad21243.jpg

And propped up against the front half (before I rolled the edges up and under).
061_zps9fb766db.jpg062_zpsd5528be5.jpg064_zps4f25d733.jpg

Also finished the front section of the lower connector.
067_zps2abc85f2.jpg068_zpsc91fc4df.jpg069_zps07e95c10.jpg070_zps5e9a5541.jpg

Side shot looks strange, I didn't have anything handy that was tall enough to support it properly.
071_zpsfa728a0a.jpg

I am almost finished with the back and the lower connectors, so I should have the two halves together by the weekend. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 058_zps280e3a86.jpg
    058_zps280e3a86.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 064_zps4f25d733.jpg
    064_zps4f25d733.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 062_zpsd5528be5.jpg
    062_zpsd5528be5.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 061_zps9fb766db.jpg
    061_zps9fb766db.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 059_zps6ad21243.jpg
    059_zps6ad21243.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 068_zpsc91fc4df.jpg
    068_zpsc91fc4df.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 069_zps07e95c10.jpg
    069_zps07e95c10.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 070_zps5e9a5541.jpg
    070_zps5e9a5541.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 067_zps2abc85f2.jpg
    067_zps2abc85f2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 071_zpsfa728a0a.jpg
    071_zpsfa728a0a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 195
Great foam work :) I can't wait to see where this goes and how you will do the legs and hands.

Your foam skills make me want to try foaming with the 10 EVA tiles I have in my basement... so pretty...
Like Alkatraz said, I'm really interested in how the legs and hands are gonna happen. How much LED detail do you plan on doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what once this done are you going to make a dumdy for it. because I've got something in the think tank that would be cool but it might cost a lot, have you watched battle: LA?

With all the Spartan and ODST builds on the forums, its really refreshing to see something different. Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep it up [emoji4]

Your foam skills make me want to try foaming with the 10 EVA tiles I have in my basement... so pretty...
Like Alkatraz said, I'm really interested in how the legs and hands are gonna happen. How much LED detail do you plan on doing?
Thanks, legs will be done with the DigiGrade stilts. Hands.....we will have to see. As far as LED's... I am going to follow the ref shots I have saved and probably go back and play Reach, find an Ultra and see if I can get an up close look. I want to keep it as accurate as possible.
you know what once this done are you going to make a dumdy for it. because I've got something in the think tank that would be cool but it might cost a lot, have you watched battle: LA?
No, sorry haven't watched that one. But I'm curious as to what the idea is.
With all the Spartan and ODST builds on the forums, its really refreshing to see something different. Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep it up [emoji4]
I will try not to disappoint. I want to see it finished also!

Last edited by a moderator:
well if you want it's a elite body with all the works veins, bones, guts they had one version that you could cut open and just see how to kill it with a few shots instead of a whole clip. they even had one in the movie doom. .

I mean I don't know how much they spent on it but it looked really good. image this in a fan film and then 343 will look small time. because they've never done this.

Your build is really inspiring!
I have a question about these edges.
Unbenannt-2.jpg
This is a just a single bent foam piece where you cutted and removed some foam on the inside, right?

well if you want it's a elite body with all the works veins, bones, guts they had one version that you could cut open and just see how to kill it with a few shots instead of a whole clip. they even had one in the movie doom. .

I mean I don't know how much they spent on it but it looked really good. image this in a fan film and then 343 will look small time. because they've never done this.
You are right, that would be cool to have an Elite body to set the armor on. My wife and my cats would probably move out! Or make me move! There was a complete Elite body in pepakura floating around this forum at one time. I might even have it somewhere. I will have to look for it later. I think Zombiegrimm may have built one full size. I think, maybe, I saw it in the background of one of his earlier photos. It may have been added to the new File Archive by now. Will have to check.
Your build is really inspiring!
I have a question about these edges.
View attachment 3512
This is a just a single bent foam piece where you cutted and removed some foam on the inside, right?
Danke... And yes, I removed some. When I cut into the piece I had the wrong angle, so the blade did not go as deep. when I folded it over I had the softer edge. It was a good mistake. You can see the part just below where I had the sharper angle and almost cut too deep.

I've been gone awhile, but it's really great to come back and see work like this! Keep it up, looks fantastic so far!

I've been gone awhile, but it's really great to come back and see work like this! Keep it up, looks fantastic so far!
Thanks... It's coming together.

I finished the back, and attached it to the front of the torso. It is kinda spot welded together for the moment. I need to get the heat gun out and round it a bit in a few places, and add some foam to others to make the "flow" of the armor better.
072_zps24d52c14.jpg073_zpsf72fe1ca.jpg074_zps55b4169b.jpg

I kinda feel... small....
075_zps303f58c8.jpg

I should have put the pillow in front. The armor is out of position. Puny human head....Short neck....

076_zps24b8d823.jpg077_zps9c62849e.jpg

Now I can fine tune it. More to come. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 073_zpsf72fe1ca.jpg
    073_zpsf72fe1ca.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 072_zps24d52c14.jpg
    072_zps24d52c14.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 077_zps9c62849e.jpg
    077_zps9c62849e.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 076_zps24b8d823.jpg
    076_zps24b8d823.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 075_zps303f58c8.jpg
    075_zps303f58c8.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 074_zps55b4169b.jpg
    074_zps55b4169b.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 230
It's huge! :D You'll need a pretty bulky undersuit to fill the empty spaces ;)
I agree! Huge. It feels big wearing it. But the model is 2m and I'm 1.75. Once I make the stilts I should be tall enough. Just not wide enough. I may not be big enough in the end, but my goal was to build it to this scale. And I can't stop now. Sieht komisch aus? No? (hope that's right) Well when it's all done, this might be the piece I have to re-do. But for now, gonna keep going!

Stupid question...at the top of your thread you show the elite's shoulder armor. I found a file but it is not properly unfolded. How does one handles this, or do you have a proper .obj file I could use?

thanks.

On page 2 of RB's Elite thread is the file I unfolded. If you want the original complete Ultra, it is on page 1 of his thread. Also Crimmson cleaned it up for pep and I don't think it has been unfolded yet. RainbowDash included the link back on post #20. Unfolding the whole suit is a huge mess you just have to sort it out and unfold the part you want. I unfolded the armor at 2m which is 6ft6in. I have everything separated. If you reduce the scale, all you have to do is straighten it all back up. Also the file I did for RD was in A4 format. You will need to change the paper setup back to letter. The pieces I have pepped and foamed have worked out ok for me size-wise. The only thing that I have to re-scale and rebuild is the torso. It turned out waaay to big.

Did you complte it for halloween 2014??

no, not for this year. I would like to have it done for next years Comicon here in Tulsa. The torso I made was just ridiculously too big. I think I can use the other parts however. So I started over. I reduced the scale of the torso by almost 12% and am re-doing it. I have the front section done. And have started cutting the back pieces. Camera battery was dead, so will put up some pics in a day or two. I really wanted to keep all the parts scaled the same, but reality stepped in. Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for watchin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back