BiGHARYSCOTSMiN's 3D modeling quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally here, I actually have enough models to make a portfolio for myself.

Sketchup is so freaking easy to use... easy enough for this idiot to make models without flipping three tables.

Disclaimer, it'll never compare with Satchmo III, Crimmson, and others' databanks since they're modeling gods. Don't expect much from me XD

Well anyway this is it... Scotty's fileshare. You're all welcome.

---

Original content:

w/ Crimmson
Arcanine
V2 Halo 4 Soldier Torso (pouches left out)

Halo 4 Recon Helmet

Halo 4 Recruit Helmet

Halo Wars Helmet

---

Unfold Collaborations

w/ Monkeyfuj
Halo 4 DMR

w/ Monkeyfuj
Halo 4 Sticky Detonator

w/ Monkeyfuj
Halo 4 XG-89 Narrow Leg Set

w/ Monkeyfuj
Halo 4 XG-89 Narrow full Leg Set FOAM

w/ Toja
Dead Space Security suit

Credits due:

Monkeyfuj
Brokenvisr
Toja
Crimmson
Arcanine

---

INCOMING:

So here is what's coming up in order.

-Gravity Hammer
-Lightrifle
-[and more!]

---

Last edited by a moderator:
Teaser...

Untitled-1_zps7510e951.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps7510e951.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps7510e951.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 180
Whoa thats a lot of guns. Though just an idea I would start on the ones that havent been done. For example Satchmo III already did the Halo Reach Fuel Rod gun, and Although you could do a different unfold I would think newer releases are better than old. Just my oppinion though do what you want. Good Luck!

Nice models!

Whoa thats a lot of guns. Though just an idea I would start on the ones that havent been done. For example Satchmo III already did the Halo Reach Fuel Rod gun, and Although you could do a different unfold I would think newer releases are better than old. Just my oppinion though do what you want. Good Luck!

Thanks guys, I would like to know what kind of weapons you would like to see first, so I know what to work on.

Monkeyfuj has released a Sticky Det, DMR, Sniper, Boltshot, and Battle Rifle, among many others.

If you want 100% game accurate models, however... *squee*

Question: How do you get the OBJs into (and out of) Sketchup? I downloaded it to try it out, but the fact that I needed to dig through the internet to find a plugin that may or may not have worked led me to throwing in the towel. I'll probably just go back to Maya, however complicated it may be...

I would like to see a full Hammer out. I know that you can get pieces of it but nothing big enough for reference. Also the Covenant Carbine was another I was thinking of doing someday and the only version out is a halo 3, which dosent have tons of detail in anyway. I dont plan on doing another weapon for a while though but if I was those wold be it.

Untitled-2_zps36ec319b.jpg

More updates...

Shoutout to Crimmson... one of our fine modelers who provide us with beautiful 3d models!

----------------------
----------------------

Question: How do you get the OBJs into (and out of) Sketchup? I downloaded it to try it out, but the fact that I needed to dig through the internet to find a plugin that may or may not have worked led me to throwing in the towel. I'll probably just go back to Maya, however complicated it may be...

I don't actually have Sketchup Pro, So I have to work with .dae Collada files. Oh how nice would it be if I can export .obj files in one click...

But it doesn't take much more to convert to obj and skp either. With only three more mouse clicks and Blender, I can export obj from sketchup.

So, I export the skp and turn it into a .dae file, then plug it into Blender. From blender, I export obj again.

---
---

I would like to see a full Hammer out. I know that you can get pieces of it but nothing big enough for reference. Also the Covenant Carbine was another I was thinking of doing someday and the only version out is a halo 3, which dosent have tons of detail in anyway. I dont plan on doing another weapon for a while though but if I was those wold be it.

Grav Hammer and Carbine. note taken.

Attachments

• Untitled-2_zps36ec319b.jpg
    Untitled-2_zps36ec319b.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 172
howdy scotsmin!

first up, well done on what you have done so far :D i opened sketchup once to try out, and had that headache for days.... :p its awesome to see another modeler for the 405th comunity!

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN said:
what kind of weapons you would like to see first, so I know what to work on
id just like to request a promethean scattergun. dont recall seing it under consideration by any other modeler yet.

keet it up boss,
Jimmay!!

howdy scotsmin!

first up, well done on what you have done so far :D i opened sketchup once to try out, and had that headache for days.... :p its awesome to see another modeler for the 405th comunity!

id just like to request a promethean scattergun. dont recall seing it under consideration by any other modeler yet.

keet it up boss,
Jimmay!!

TIMMEY!!!!

(Scattershot, note taken.)

Edit 1/18... I just realized I misspelled note, and typed in "not" and it sounded like I flat out said "NO". whoops.

Untitled-1_zpsba43b4d5.jpg

Collab project with Spacemeat started- GRAVITY HAMMER

Harry some of the weapons(if not all of them) in halo 4 are built from multiple models which are then intersected together to form the final model, I don't know about the grav hammer as I have never looked into it. I also don't know anything about sketch up and how it works, just giving you advise. If you open it in blender you can see the faces intersecting with out being solid on most of the models I have looked at. good luck on all you modeling adventures.

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zpsba43b4d5.jpg
    Untitled-1_zpsba43b4d5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 187
I have all the same models as well. working right now to clean up the Rocket Launcher. Its going to be one huge piece since I don't know how to do grouping in Blender.

Wondering if you'd be able to shoot me the models for the light rifle and scatter shot?
I feel another 3d printed gun coming on...

Untitled-1_zps803a794f.jpg

Extremely excited for this one's completion. It's what my avatar wears...

---

Wondering if you'd be able to shoot me the models for the light rifle and scatter shot?
I feel another 3d printed gun coming on...

Can you give me priorities for either one? If it doesn't matter, I'll work on the Scattershot because that'll be the second request.

---

Lastly Crimmson, thanks. I'll see what happens in Blender. Thing is, Blender is much harder to control than Sketch so I'll just use Blender as a highlighting tool.

I'll go check on Thor's gravity hammer right now.

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps803a794f.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps803a794f.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back