Halo 4 Reconnaissance (Recon) Armor Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Hello, I have returned! And this time I will be building a Halo 4 suit of Spartan armor! I am basically going to build the things out of paper slowly as the year goes on, due to school and such, but there is one thing I need some help with as of right now... The helmet, I've seen people build their helmet from Pepakura then see it was too big, but I am not sure if that is the case with me at the moment.

Helmet Scale: h4 recon by monkeyfuj-unfold spartansonny

Height: 290mm
Width: 272mm
Depth: 361mm

Chest Plate Scale: Recruit (spartaniv_recruit_torso_HD_fat-hi555_harican89)

Height: 449mm
Width: 370mm
Depth: 397mm

Recruit Shoulder(L) Scale: Recruit Shoulder by Crimmson (Unfold by Death Angel)

Height: 200mm
Width: 183mm
Depth: 173mm

Recruit Gauntlet(L) Scale: Recruit (spartan 4 forearm by monkeyfuj)

Height: 280mm
Width: 124mm
Depth: 143mm

Handplate Scale : Recruit (spartan 4 forearm by monkeyfuj)

Height: 185mm
Width: 89mm
Depth: 119mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you asking if the dimensions look right? If so, there's no way for us to know. Scaling is something you have to figure out for yourself. You can ask and calculate all you want, and can probably get a pretty good idea of a scale, but in the end, you've got to build it and see if it fits. If it doesn't, then figure what needs adjusting, adjust it, and build it again.

Are you asking if the dimensions look right? If so, there's no way for us to know. Scaling is something you have to figure out for yourself. You can ask and calculate all you want, and can probably get a pretty good idea of a scale, but in the end, you've got to build it and see if it fits. If it doesn't, then figure what needs adjusting, adjust it, and build it again.

Alright, thanks for the help! Only reason I asked was because I remember on my Halo 3 build I mentioned the scale for the helmet and a couple of people said it was too big, and they ended up being more than right; than again, that was scaled to 340mm in height...

Well, 290mm doesn't look outrageous or anything. Whether or not it will fit you, though, only trying it on will tell for sure.
Good luck with your build!

Alright, I've edited this post for the reason of making it better. I've retrieved images (2) of how I want my armor to look, It will not be full Recon Armor; I've managed to get tired of seeing the Recon Chest plate, so this is what I have conjured up:

fullbody?target=large.png

posed?target=large.png

I've also decided to have the colors being primary white with silver secondary color. I've also decided to do a combination of Recon Helmet, with Recruit armor (Shoulders, and Chest) and Recruit legs and thighs.

/Unsure of color (side note)

Attachments

• fullbody?target=large.png
    fullbody?target=large.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 222
  • posed?target=large.png
    posed?target=large.png
    84 KB · Views: 220
That was the same pep file I used for my Recon helmet, and it looked great but when I put it on it was majorly too large. I'm 5'10", so I'm short for the Spartan program, but from watching videos, the largest area to scale a head should be height. but the largest number on that helmet is the Depth so consider that

would any of you know where i could get a Halo 4 recon helmet pepakura file? So that i may build a suit.
Sincerely, Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back