405th armor making/.cosplay booth at PAX East?

Who is willing to be on the panel

• I cn't, but I'll be in the audience!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry not going.

• Unsure/Whats PAX?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

792fc6af8b36dc24729cba0f902a3bf0.jpg

This idea hit me square in the head when I bought my PAX tickets. Every year at PAX East, there are one or two cosplay related panels, and most of the ones Ive been too haven't been very informative (mostly just babel about personal experience with glue or something) and I know the 405th has been rowing in popularity as the symbol of Halo cosplay. Sometimes i just wanna hit myself on the head. Last year was quite disappointing with a high lack of good panels, which made me think, "What if some members of the 405th and I put together an armor making/ cosplay panel about the 405th and the different ways to make halo armor (and some other types like iron man)" I'm not even sure if its still possible at this point in the game, and I have no idea how much it would cost, but I definitely think it is worth exploring. Obviously neither I or anybody else would be able to do it without consent from Adam or the mods, so at this point its really just a idea/proposition.

Cosplay has become quite a big thing at the con, especially on saturdays. In fact, even non game cosplays have been rising in popularity

Here, a group of Doctor Who cosplayers assemble for a photo shoot (im the one on the right with the portal gun)
DSC_0096-480x225_zpse2fab420.jpg

Any thoughts on the matter?

Attachments

• 792fc6af8b36dc24729cba0f902a3bf0.jpg
    792fc6af8b36dc24729cba0f902a3bf0.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC_0096-480x225_zpse2fab420.jpg
    DSC_0096-480x225_zpse2fab420.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 236
UPDATE: Got the go ahead from Adam. IT won't cost any money and I have an application ready, i just need a few people to help out on the panel. If you live in New England or East coast and have made a suit or two, please think about coming (tickets are sold out but they can be found online from private sellers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back