Spartan Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys a found a few things that if put together should make this idea come together.

first we need to take this and use it to help find us better (it would be a good idea if some one that's on a lot put the people into the state section.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/19625-Location-Shout-Outs-Unity

then we put our location on here.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/1135-Geolocation-Map-for-Members-(With-New-Map-Link)

i'm on the map then we can make these little bad boys.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39054-UNSC-ID-Cards-first-project-complete-with-pics

with the ranking system which I haven't quite came up with yet.

but once those are out of the way we should be ready to roll.

My idea for organization would be something along the same lines as the 501st Legion organization. I’m using it just because it is easily found and has worked for a while for them.

Squads

The largest subdivisions of the 405th are the Squads, which generally cover large regions distinguished by geography, language, or other characteristics or borders. A Squad requires at least ten (10) members and is headed by a Squad Leader (SL), who is elected by the active members of the Squad.

The Squad may form when a Team reaches sufficient membership or when a region within an existing Squad finds pressing needs to break off and form a new Squad. Member affiliation with a Squad is normally based upon geographical boundaries and the member's primary residence.

Teams

A Team requires at least four (4) members and is headed by a Team Leader (TL) who is elected by the members of the Team. Teams can form in the same way as a Squad. Alternatively, Squads can create Teams within their units where somewhat isolated clusters of members tend to operate together regularly. These Teams may or may not eventually grow into potential new Squads, but such an evolution is neither presumed nor required. Team affiliation is normally based upon geographical boundaries and each member's primary residence

Heh, looking at the Geolocation 405th map again, looks like I'd have to stick with being the lone wolf. Only pin even semi-close to mine is actually supposed to be in Ohio (Spn_Phoenix_92). Think the next closest would be Ruze halfway through Mass., probably a good 2-3 hours drive away, which would be bad enough if I still had a car. lol.

Would platoon be bigger or smaller than a squad? Thinking probably the most sensible hierarchy/groupings would be country (i.e. U.S.A.), region (i.e. Northeast, West coast, etc.) and then state/province. Looking at the map again, I think there's only one other New Yorker (at least only one other who's on the map), so teams might need to be drawn from regions unless a state has a much greater Spartan population than that. lol. Still, I have no complaints about going solo for now. Tends to be my style most of the time anyway.

Would platoon be bigger or smaller than a squad? Thinking probably the most sensible hierarchy/groupings would be country (i.e. U.S.A.), region (i.e. Northeast, West coast, etc.) and then state/province. Looking at the map again, I think there's only one other New Yorker (at least only one other who's on the map), so teams might need to be drawn from regions unless a state has a much greater Spartan population than that. lol. Still, I have no complaints about going solo for now. Tends to be my style most of the time anyway.

Size of units military wise are .. Team (4-6 man) Squad (8 man) platoon (around 30-40) company (120-160) Battalion ( varies on size of companies assigned, can be 4 companies up to 8) Division (crap ton ) ... i may be off on my numbers a bit .. been a while since i was in .. ( not saying cause then id be considered "that old guy on his front porch with a shotgun in his underwear")

So then maybe State/province for team, region for squad, country would have to be company at least, more likely battalion. Or save battalion for continents if we want to drag it out that far. *shrugs* Idunno.

Like ideas they sound great I do know as would anyone who's been floating around the forum for a bit. This idea been jumping around for awhile.

well in halo a squad is 11 marines and the SL so it could be like the 501st it's just there's more 501st guy need me the 405th close one is mobile, AL.

Mine is U-513

This is because my name is Usman and people sometimes call me USIE so if you replace the last three with numbers S tunrs to 5, I to 1 and E to 3 Hence U-513

I understand that the numbers don't add up using the current method of military manning charts. However, if you will:

A Spartan Team was between three and twelve members. It fluctuated depending on the Team and casualty rates. Fireteam Black had four members, Fireteam Blue had thirteen at its height, Fireteam Majestic had six.

The Spartans were not organized into a company, but a Squad. The squad held 75 members. John-117 was termed a Squad Leader, even after the Spartans "graduated" into actual missions.

The Spartan-IIIs were grouped into Companies of 300 (or four squads). Even after being separated out of their training, they still kept their company designation.

I would say we use the Company for regional identification and then Battalion for national levels. Above Battalion is Division (which the 405th is).

For the "lone troopers" we could have Headhunters for groups too small to fill a Team.

Oh, and I call S-078

So, if I understand this correctly, using myself as an example I would be Zaff-286, U.S. Battalion, Northeast Company? And to go a step further, New York Squad? And currently a "headhunter" or otherwise flying solo, so no Fireteam name. Is it customary to list them off in that order, going from largest/vaguest to smallest/most specific? Or would it be the other way around, listing fireteam, squad, company, then battalion (and finally division if need be)?

So, following Zaff's example, that makes me:
Ferret-304, Australian battalion, NSW company, Sydney squad, fireteam... Well, I won't get that specific, but still...
I approve!

Well, Since Master Chief is John-117 I took PHIL-907. And since spartans almost always have Sierra-(numbers) on their armor I took S-907.

In the military (American, at any rate) you list smallest to largest. When I was in, I was part of Supply Squad, HHC Platoon, Delta Company, 2nd Battalion, 162nd Infantry Brigade, 41st Division, III Corps, United States Army.

So, for me, it would be more along the lines of:

Jason S-078, Portland Team, Oregon Squad (Hood's Hellions), Pacific Northwest Company, America Battalion.

So, Zaff-286, NY Squad, Northeast Company, U.S. Battalion. Although, would that be different for a lone-wolf operative? Or would they basically just be their own fireteam with all else still being the same?

well then what would you've called the headhunters they where mostly two man squads and if zaff just tell people that his squad mate was killed it would make sense. because they made the squad like they made the teams in pacific rim. hell just watch this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back