Ryno's Halo Mark VII Team Stealth MJOLNIR Prototype "son's helmet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYNO 666

Awhile ago I pepped some projects. I had several ideas, techniques, products, and general learning I wanted to try. I also needed a experimental but really durable build. Oh well go big or go home. This will introduce my Build for my son. Starting with the helmet.
heme6ymy.jpg
pepped.
e9apaqa2.jpg

Aqua resined

rubyrysu.jpg

Chopped fiber and Aqua Veil

y5ehamud.jpg

jy7u3a3a.jpg

Poly Foam=fast instant padding

u8aju5y6.jpg

Primer

yguba3y7.jpg

Smoothing

Up to date pictures this far.
udehedan.jpg
zemavede.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Attachments

• heme6ymy.jpg
    heme6ymy.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 282
  • e9apaqa2.jpg
    e9apaqa2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 258
  • rubyrysu.jpg
    rubyrysu.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 221
  • y5ehamud.jpg
    y5ehamud.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 245
  • jy7u3a3a.jpg
    jy7u3a3a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 227
  • u8aju5y6.jpg
    u8aju5y6.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 239
  • udehedan.jpg
    udehedan.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 218
  • yguba3y7.jpg
    yguba3y7.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 225
  • zemavede.jpg
    zemavede.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 205
aqe6ysyv.jpg

Primer
y8a5y4ed.jpg

Metalize with powdered aluminum and Aqua Resin (beta formula for new product coming soon.) I'm a guinea pig
5uqabu6e.jpg

Polishing with steel wool Monster is for guidance and motivation.:)

Attachments

• aqe6ysyv.jpg
    aqe6ysyv.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 223
  • y8a5y4ed.jpg
    y8a5y4ed.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 219
  • 5uqabu6e.jpg
    5uqabu6e.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 220
Sealed the aluminum
u9u5u5e3.jpg

Powder coating success! Had to set oven very low and took forever at one point I thought the helmet would explode.
3a7uvumu.jpg

Plasti dip experiment success!
zuve5ete.jpg

Attachments

• u9u5u5e3.jpg
    u9u5u5e3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 205
  • zuve5ete.jpg
    zuve5ete.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 3a7uvumu.jpg
    3a7uvumu.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 224
hagaju9u.jpg
ga5yje5u.jpg
8a6ema3e.jpg

Attachments

• hagaju9u.jpg
    hagaju9u.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 209
  • ga5yje5u.jpg
    ga5yje5u.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 216
  • 8a6ema3e.jpg
    8a6ema3e.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 215
It's looking really good so far, love the black and red color scheme (my personal favorite). Keep up the awesome work!

Led's and fan.
ysepahuv.jpg
ytesedaj.jpg
playing with placements everything needs to be cleaned up.
adutuvyn.jpg
dagyhevu.jpg

Attachments

• ysepahuv.jpg
    ysepahuv.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 218
  • ytesedaj.jpg
    ytesedaj.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 195
  • dagyhevu.jpg
    dagyhevu.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 218
  • adutuvyn.jpg
    adutuvyn.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 213
Gotta do side lights probably going to have to do something very creative on such a small helmet.

tene5ama.jpg
This is how my kid plays Mega Bloks. Lol, attack of the giant Spartan. :-D

Attachments

• tene5ama.jpg
    tene5ama.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 201
Was iced in all day yesterday so I started to learn how to use foam.
jeryhasu.jpg

Model glue was only to hold parts secure while I hot glue. This glue instantly cures definitely not recommended for a fume safe environment.:-! Anyway here is a start on some easy armor accessories.

Attachments

• jeryhasu.jpg
    jeryhasu.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 213
This is le amazings! Is the aqua-resin literally just non-toxic resin, or do you have to take into account some other factor?

Okay...that Mega Blocks set up? Totally jealous. We had the chopper with the brute, a flood drop pod, and other various Spartans, Elites, and Grunts, but the boys can never keep track of them. :(

That helmet is a thing to be proud of; the colors only add to the smooth base that you ended up with. Lucky kid. ^^ Your foam is really clean, too! Ha...We got iced in here too, so I worked on the foam helmets I'm making for Christmas presents. ^^;

Yeah kind of a concept my son and came up with. One day he asked me how did the helmets/armor change from one to the other. I then began a very lengthy discussion about permutations and evolution of weaponry/armor. He gave me a blank stare...... so we made up a story about a secret prototype development/deployment team that goes on black ops missions. Funny thing is I was hooked way more than he was.
so this is a Mk V-VII hybrid armor, awesome.

Yes I understand completely.;) that's why I made a cheap table. Thanks.
Okay...that Mega Blocks set up? Totally jealous. We had the chopper with the brute, a flood drop pod, and other various Spartans, Elites, and Grunts, but the boys can never keep track of them. :(

That helmet is a thing to be proud of; the colors only add to the smooth base that you ended up with. Lucky kid. ^^ Your foam is really clean, too! Ha...We got iced in here too, so I worked on the foam helmets I'm making for Christmas presents. ^^;

Yes I'm a huge fan of Aqua resin. It is non toxic just don't eat it. Also I found light coats work best each layer outside and less is more. But the magic is it can be worked very fast only have to wait 15 min between coats. Just make sure they are very light coats and It speeds everything up.
This is le amazings! Is the aqua-resin literally just non-toxic resin, or do you have to take into account some other factor?

I really like the idea of that foam/balloon idea you used for hardening the inside. What is the product called? I'm interested simply due to the fact that resin and bondo have left me in a "detox break" for too long, and I've kinda gotten tired of the daily water chugs I do to try to cleanse my system...

The troubles of being a prop builder, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back