Life size Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherDamien CO

I hope this is the right form for this.

I was thinking about trying to build a life size Ghost.

I'm thinking I could pep the body and build a sub frame using wood or aluminum and power it via a couple of power-wheels motors and batteries. Or a golf cart motor and batteries.

It wont hover but, in theory it would move under its own power. And if done right the wheels would be hard to see. I'm thinking of two drive wheels up front (one in each wing) and a single swivel wheel in the back like they have on a plane (tail dragger). Power both front wheels to go forward or the right one only to go left and the right one only to go left.

Could also light the under carriage with black lights......

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Also, I've never been to a convention.........and was wondering if I build it would they let me in the door with it?

to answer a bunch of your question. it's yes and I've tried it and failed.

golf cart should give you the power but the battiey placement would be a little much.

and you'd need light blue/ green lights

and I've built mine out of wood. and here's the thread I had on it....

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31640-help-with-ghost

so learn what you can about it, and like me if it fails go with a plan B.

Awesome idea. I think most of us have daydreamed at least once of building a ghost. Just keep in mind that if you want a 1:1 scale ghost, it's going to be bigger than your average motorcycle. I guess a more conventional analogue would be that Spyder motorcycle. But I think you've got the right idea. Wooden frame, electric motor, and swivel wheel on the rear for steering. Hope you decide to build it. It's about time someone does!

Good luck and can't wait to see more!

Fudz

My thought has been to save up, get one of those Can-Am Spyders, and then build a fiberglass body kit to convert it into a Ghost. Maybe throw some purple and/or blue LEDs on the wheels. Wouldn't be as maneuverable as a Ghost, but it would be close as far as overall look and feel.

I think a forklift base might be better because they turning the back instead of he front just like in the game

I'm thinking maybe not 1:1 scale but full scale for me. I'm 5' 9" and weigh 140 lbs. So, I'm no where near as big as Master Chief or an elite. Quick guesstimate on size would be 6' wide and 8' long 3 to 4 feet tall.

Cant decide weather I want to pep the body and fiberglass it. Or try it in foam. Fiberglass would weigh more but, be a lot more durable. Foam is light and I could build it even in the cold here in Colorado........

Anyone know if Denver Con would even let me bring it in the building if I was to finish it in time??

I think people are over thinking things a Little to much here there is an easier Solution to your design, for the base that is If you give me a few minutes i'll Draw you up a rough draft and edit my post and show you what i mean

Edit: my Camera doesn't want to work right now but basically here how it works a Banana bike is controlled similar you have two levers that you use for going turning you pull on one and push the other to turn while this is a based on a two wheel base which are behind you the same concept can be applied as it just reversed you driving force can be found by an exteneded Chain to the rear wheel while you have the pedals up front braking is the same with the levers you pull back words and the mounts for the ghost body can be placed on the frame how ever if you don't want your turning to be on the front wheels you can change the placement of the turning by taking in the concept that is of aircraft by pulling and or pulling on a lever which is fed to a while to the where to turn it, Thats my two cents

Carpathia said:
Yeah, because everyone has an extra $15,000 laying around.

Hence "save up." You know, as in put a little aside until I have enough. Or put it on the list of "things to do if/when I win the lotto/PCH sweepstakes." Guess maybe I was a little too subtle on that point. That, and the point of it not being an open suggestion to everyone but rather simply what I personally have in mind. Apparently I need to be far more specific and get back into the habit of typing up posts that are several pages long so that I don't leave any ambiguity that might invite further sarcasm. A custom-made fiberglass body kit isn't going to be cheap either, just to throw that out there in case anybody else has anything sardonic to add. But anyway I have seen used Spyders being sold for 3-5,000, and it's not like I'm the only one around the forums who has thought of buying a vehicle specifically for the purpose of turning it into a drivable replica, but I guess those have likewise been too subtle for people to notice.

Hence "save up." You know, as in put a little aside until I have enough. Or put it on the list of "things to do if/when I win the lotto/PCH sweepstakes." Guess maybe I was a little too subtle on that point. That, and the point of it not being an open suggestion to everyone but rather simply what I personally have in mind. Apparently I need to be far more specific and get back into the habit of typing up posts that are several pages long so that I don't leave any ambiguity that might invite further sarcasm. A custom-made fiberglass body kit isn't going to be cheap either, just to throw that out there in case anybody else has anything sardonic to add. But anyway I have seen used Spyders being sold for 3-5,000, and it's not like I'm the only one around the forums who has thought of buying a vehicle specifically for the purpose of turning it into a drivable replica, but I guess those have likewise been too subtle for people to notice.

If you guys know your way around a welder and drills, it shouldn't cost any more than 3000 imo. A 1-2 cylinder engine, aluminum/steel pipe chassis, some lights, and fiberglass body work is all you need at the very least. Oh, don't forget the purple paint.

If you don't have the time, I guess a pre-built vehicle or forklift would suffice, but 15000 is crazy. Unless you shat a bathtub full of Benjamins this morning, I can't say the 15 grand path is reasonable.

If... if only...

it's pretty simple, it really is... but I am a mechanic so maybe I'm just something else. I just don't have one because you know, material fees. The dance we're all used to seeing

I believe you took Carpathia's comment way out of context. He didn't say it to be a jerk or to offend you in any way. You might want to tone it down a little.

Sorry. Kind of a knee-jerk reaction to sarcasm, especially when sarcasm is the only thing being presented, and in addition to having just come away from a fairly heated debate with a group of people on another site. But you're right, I shouldn't take that drama out on people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back