Who are you in the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlusherCape26

Hey 405th I literally just came up with this idea seconds ago so here it go's. What would you be as a member of the UNSC during the Covenant War (NOTE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SPARTANS AS A CHOICE) So what would you be? Here are some idea's Infantry, ODST, Pilot (If so what kind), Sniper, Armor (Tanks), Ship Captain, Medic, Ect.What Branch of the UNSC Marines, Navy, Army, Air force? Where would you be at Harvest, Arcadia, Reach, and why? (Note you can use any colony/ planet you want) What would be your Fate? Would you Live, Die, Sacrifice Yourself? If you die what killed you or how did it happen? What would be your story?

Last edited by a moderator:
ONI - Science division.
Mostly because I love exploration but also because I have this weird envy for ONI's cunning and devious tactics.
I'd want to be stationed at Trevelyan. Just try keeping me away from all that tech and knowledge!
Probably end up making friends with the Huragok...
Maybe worked on the slipspace drive for the Infinity? Yeah, I'd like that.

Cool idea dude :D

UNSCAF Longsword Pilot.
Mainly because I like aircraft, and I know how a Longsword flies.
Stationed at Earth, with an atmospheric unit assigned to the UNSC Home Fleet.
Survived due to sheer luck, took part in the attack on the portal, then assisted the sangheili and the Forward Unto Dawn and Aegis Fate at the Ark. Landed on the Shadow Of Intent, and returned to earth. Currently assigned to a strike wing aboard the UNSC Infinity.

UNSC Marine Sharpshooter/Designated Marksman
I am a self proclaimed expert at long range tactics and ballistics.
Plus It would be cool to be anything in the Halo Universe. Its all so cool!

Campaign/Co-op (firefight, spartan ops) I'm generally the sniper/scout type. I rely on precision and long-distance weapons as much as I can. I snipe, I give call-outs to whomever I'm playing with, and lend support at a distance (or, more often than not with the guys I play with, I maintain a safe distance so they'll have someone to spawn on after their preferred "punch and gun anything that moves" approach ends in the only way it can).

Multiplayer/Competetive, I tend to prefer guerrilla tactics and stealth, particularly with objectives like CTF. I'm the one that sneaks around behind enemy lines while the others take a more direct approach to draw attention.

As far as the "character" of my Spartan, well pretty much the same. He's not much known for his "social interaction" skills. Prefers solo missions that rely more on stealth and subterfuge than direct contact (unless it's with a shotgun from the shadows). Went a little more in-depth in the "Spartan Numbers" thread. Eventually I might get around to writing out a full story for him.

Primary position would be sniper/mid - to - long range weapons( beacause they cant get you from long ranges :p)
Marine

Campaign/Co-op (firefight, spartan ops) I'm generally the sniper/scout type. I rely on precision and long-distance weapons as much as I can. I snipe, I give call-outs to whomever I'm playing with, and lend support at a distance (or, more often than not with the guys I play with, I maintain a safe distance so they'll have someone to spawn on after their preferred "punch and gun anything that moves" approach ends in the only way it can).

Multiplayer/Competetive, I tend to prefer guerrilla tactics and stealth, particularly with objectives like CTF. I'm the one that sneaks around behind enemy lines while the others take a more direct approach to draw attention.

As far as the "character" of my Spartan, well pretty much the same. He's not much known for his "social interaction" skills. Prefers solo missions that rely more on stealth and subterfuge than direct contact (unless it's with a shotgun from the shadows). Went a little more in-depth in the "Spartan Numbers" thread. Eventually I might get around to writing out a full story for him.

Dude I'm no asking who are when playing halo I'm asking who you would be if you were in the UNSC during the Covenant war? A sniper, pilot, ect. so if you can do a repost and read the directions before you do

UNSC Longsword Pilot, Air Force or Navy

I would be a fighter pilot because, ever since I was little, I have loved the rich history and engineering of planes of all shapes and sizes, but nothing quite strikes my heartstrings like the tune of a well-built fighter. Many a battle have been won or lost purely around what fighters were present, and how many thereof.

I would be dead-set on protecting Earth, as it is not just my home, but every human's home. Assuming my presence starting at the First Battle of Earth, I'd like to think I'd have survived, probably on pure luck more than anything though. Covie pilots train far longer than we do, and have much stronger numbers and tech. However, a reason of tradition versus a reason of survival, the survival mindset will win nearly every time.

Upon the Second Battle/Continued Battle or maybe even as late as the Battle of Installation 00, I would have fallen in battle, defending the last hope of Humanity to the bitter end.

Started training as ODST after the word came about the fall of Reach, partly to combat my own fear of heights and also to fight for the human race. After passing ODST training , excelling in recon and demolition tactics, as well as testing well in sciences, I ended up in In Amber Clad while it was over New Mombosa. After the jump we were sent to the surface of the Halo installation, during the time I had mentioned over com ".. I have this part." and the decent to the surface began. We supported the chief, narrowly surviving the perils on the way. At some point I.. got a concussion or something, still a blank to me but I was evac'd in the next bird out and was later re-deployed to do what I do best, gather intel.
Having collected what information that i could I made my way back and delivered the information. An ONI scientist was very curious of my findings and after hours of debriefing had sent word to higher ups that I would be providing security and analysis for another mission he had in mind. Begrudgingly I accepted, knowing all too well about the costs of defying a higher up, especially a spook of all things. And so began a number of missions in a classified campaign, exploring possible Forerunner structures and planets as well as cleaning up ONI tracks with my demo skills. Still on going in classified space...

Dude I'm no asking who are when playing halo I'm asking who you would be if you were in the UNSC during the Covenant war? A sniper, pilot, ect. so if you can do a repost and read the directions before you do

I thought that was pretty much what I did with the third paragraph there, but perhaps I was a bit off on the concept. For the sake of "story" I would want to be a Spartan, more specifically a sniper. But as far as me, personally, if I was around for the war, short of being conscripted/drafted, I'd be the guy staying as far away from the whole mess as I could.

But, looking back at the OP, Spartans are being excluded (not sure why, but it is what it is). So considering that, I would still go with being a sniper, or a Saber pilot. Aside from my Spartan character I've never really given much thought to how else I (or a character of mine) would be involved in the UNSC, so I'm afraid I don't really have much of a story to tell on that front.

I was a member of the Development team for the MJOLNIR Mark V at the Design Facility in Vhalkem on Chi Ceti IV.
Lived happily with my family in my off-time, and died at the age of 82 (Decided to incorporate my Spartan ID.); A year after the arthritis in my hands took away all of my ability to draw. I died by jumping off of a skyscraper. The day of my suicide I arranged the letter magnets on my Refrigerator to say "DONT WORRY I HAD FUN"; my family hasn't moved the magnets since.

-Ryan

Considering I was an electronics technician working on communications systems while in the US Navy, I assume I'd be doing much the same thing in the UNSC Navy. I'd probably be one of the lead comm technicians aboard a frigate like Forward Unto Dawn or In Amber Clad; though I'd rather be aboard Infinity (Infinity has a better survival rating than the other ships).

With my experience as a Navy nuke in the USN, I'd never ever ever ever do that again. I'd enlist for a combat position, probably a Marine and work my way through to be selected for the ODST program. If I didn't go military, I'd like to be a UNSC consultant, studying the Covenant and Forerunner. I'd be and expert on xenocultural studies!

To clairify why no "Spartans" is because they are geneticly altered super soldiers that wre kidnapped by the ONI at really young age's they were selected by ONI because of their able's that surpassed the rest. Many of them died or were permanently cripled when getting injection's of the Spartan serum and some even killed them selfs so around 1/4 made it out of all of the choosen childern. So there is a 1 in a trillion chance of being choosen and around a 35% chance of survival in training and serum injections. So you would have a better chance of shooting down a Covanant Super Carrier with a single 5.56 round then being choosen for the Spartan 2 or 3 project. So that is why NO SPARTANS
First off, considering the number of living, breathing, active Spartan 2s and 3s that were around, "1 in a trillion" is one helluva stretch, especially as that would imply there would have to be at least 100 trillion children (as adults were ignored for the early programs) alive in the world. So yea, odds aren't that ridiculous. Second, not all Spartan 3s were kidnapped children, were they? And aside from a very, very small group, NO Spartan 4s were previously kidnapped children: they were chosen from within the UNSCs ranks or were scouted and recruited as outstanding civilians. So really, it would have made far more sense to just say "No Spartans because then everyone would want to be a Spartan" or some such.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO Spartan 4s were previously kidnapped children: they were chosen from within the UNSCs ranks or were scouted and recruited as outstanding civilians.

Zaff does make a good point. If in the first question the position in the Reach or Earth war was in context Spartan IV would be irrelevant and therefore make my answer worthless... but if the timeline was the whole Halo plot line I would definitely be a Spartan IV engineer probably shooting a BR and fixing Warthogs (without the actual engineer armor set tho, thing's ugly :p)

Normally, I'm against all types of war but the Covenant war is one worth fighting. We aren't after our own family after all.

To fight the "no Spartans" thing, like Zaff pointed out and put again into simple terms: SPIV are not what the original Spartan are, they're just upgraded marines. No shield, no childhood training, etc. Still, I'm not a particularly strong person like Chief is, but I am confident in my physical abilities and if trained, I'm sure I can be some kind of Spartan- right?

Thing is, I just love the story behind Spartan 4. I know a lot of "true" Halo fans hate the "upgraded marine" concept, but everything besides the shield/no shield difference and born ability, Spartan 4 have all things to love in their favor. I also like the fact that I could be one... in 500 years.

Maybe that's why I like making Halo 4 armor, because it feels like I'm myself, and not trying to be chief or somebody else. I'm going off on a tangent so I'll stop here.

Definitely an interesting topic here. As we're excluding the Spartans, I'd say I would be a navigational officer or the XO on the Infinity, as it closely parallels the reason I'm in NROTC; to become a NAV on a Nimitz or Ford class carrier.

I would be psychologist/neurologist that worked for ONI. My research would have played a huge role in the determining factors that my colleague Dr. Halsey used to select the original 300 subjects for her Spartan II program. I would have been very influential in shaping the minds of the 75 children who were picked/kidnapped who would later grow up and be pivotal to the survival of humanity. Also my research would have played heavily in the development of the 3rd and 4th gen A.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back