Yay another ODST build! Well at least it will be Halo 4's Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, duh.(⊙_⊙) I didn't realize those were links to the files, thanks.

Blender works well , a number pad and a multi button mouse is definitely recommended.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I've played around with blender before, maybe I'll pick it back up :)
I was thinking about making another thread, but I'll keep it all here. My crew is making Venator armor (one with the Fotus helmet and one full Venator). So on top of my ODST foam conversion, I'll post whatever files I convert for Venator too.
Narrow Shin Foam
NarrowShin_zps0658bcd9.jpg

Return to the ODST
Torso
On the torso, remember to invert all the pieces from one side to make the other side. This saves paper(and $$) and time :)
ODSTTorso_zps8c0cb3af.jpg

Disclaimer: again, I haven't built these and I'm focusing on making big faces to help with the crafting of foam armor.

Attachments

• NarrowShin_zps0658bcd9.jpg
    NarrowShin_zps0658bcd9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 496
  • ODSTTorso_zps8c0cb3af.jpg
    ODSTTorso_zps8c0cb3af.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,436
Pack converted. This one will be slightly interesting to build. Again, just keep in mind that this template may not be perfect, so take it with a grain of salt :)
Also remember to invert the left side of the pack for the right side to save time and money and paper ;)
Pack
Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg

Attachments

• Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg
    Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 550
Pack converted. This one will be slightly interesting to build. Again, just keep in mind that this template may not be perfect, so take it with a grain of salt :)
Also remember to invert the left side of the pack for the right side to save time and money and paper ;)
Pack
Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg

This chest (and the files for it) look really good. The backpack always reminded me of one of those 70's - 80's lego space men.

Im really looking forward to seeing this suit complete.

Attachments

• Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg
    Pack_zpsc5ef412f.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 438
The pack looks great! makes it super easy for modifications.

Yeah it's a bunch of big pieces. The little side pieces may be the most trouble but hey, live and learn!
All i did for the helmet was convert it to Letter format instead of A4. I'm going to be pepping it then bondo, etc,etc..
ODST Letter Helmet
78fb42fa-3cc1-43eb-a715-d84310eab7c2_zps331f0ab9.jpg

Attachments

• 78fb42fa-3cc1-43eb-a715-d84310eab7c2_zps331f0ab9.jpg
    78fb42fa-3cc1-43eb-a715-d84310eab7c2_zps331f0ab9.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 237
Finally! it's about time someone started making a Halo 4 ODST suit!! like you, i also did a foam unfold for the gauntlet! It's always nice to see someone make an ODST suit, gets me all nostalgic @_@.Keep it up~ ~Jen

Finally! it's about time someone started making a Halo 4 ODST suit!! like you, i also did a foam unfold for the gauntlet! It's always nice to see someone make an ODST suit, gets me all nostalgic @_@.Keep it up~ ~Jen
I started cutting out my helmet on Sunday. I am excite!

Ok I converted another piece for the Venator set, at least I hope it will work. I'm super tired at the moment so bare with me :)
NarrowThigh_zpseafb432f.jpg
Narrow Thigh

Attachments

• NarrowThigh_zpseafb432f.jpg
    NarrowThigh_zpseafb432f.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 257
Some progress pics. Over the weekend I applied resin and an inner layer of Rondo. I'm probably going to do at least another coat of Rondo on the inside.
Resin1_zpsd1aca4b0.jpg
Rondo1_zps3a0e44d3.jpg

Attachments

• Resin1_zpsd1aca4b0.jpg
    Resin1_zpsd1aca4b0.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Rondo1_zps3a0e44d3.jpg
    Rondo1_zps3a0e44d3.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 241
wow! Nice build so far! Keep it up! :)

Pat-
Thanks. Right now it's hard for me to do any work on the helmet until the weekends. I basically work until it's dark outside during the week.....
I should be making the rest of my armor....
But I'm taking it slow and steady. No need to rush and get burnt out on it :)

Thanks. Right now it's hard for me to do any work on the helmet until the weekends. I basically work until it's dark outside during the week.....
I should be making the rest of my armor....
But I'm taking it slow and steady. No need to rush and get burnt out on it :)

:D I work like that too but I don´t wait for the weekends so I basically neglect school. xd
Yep, slow and steady is the way of the Pepakura! :D

Pat-

:D I work like that too but I don´t wait for the weekends so I basically neglect school. xd
Yep, slow and steady is the way of the Pepakura! :D

Pat-
Well the helmet is the only thing that is going to be pepped. Everything else is going to be foam. I can't neglect my job. If I was still in college, I would probably work on armor more than I should lol

Yep :)
I've got another Rondo layer inside the helmet (I'm probably not going to use the fiberglass mesh/ cloth at all.. well maybe just in some spots for super reinforcement). I'm doing this so that if there are any areas that are too raised, I have plenty of buffer to even things out. Next I'll start applying some bondo to the outside and start making it pretty.

Got some good bondo and sanding done. Of course it's still very early on but it's a great start!
Sanding_zpsa679dc2e.jpg

Attachments

• Sanding_zpsa679dc2e.jpg
    Sanding_zpsa679dc2e.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back