Titanfall Pilot Helmet [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, I'd be willing to unfold files. I haven't started cutting or assembling your file, yet, sadly since I've been busy, but I will certainly finish it before I move on to a new file.

Yeah, that's pretty big. I was able to get my hands on the decompiled models from the game yesterday. I was a bit on the fence about it since it meant that all the work I did on my original file would become obsolete and some of the people who had already started building my file might start over:/ But the temptation was too great and I started separating the model and then unfolding it. Here's my progress so far.

I might make a new thread to list all the models. I currently have access to all the IMC armor parts for the Battle_Rifle Assault. I might be able to get Militia Corps models myself once I get my hands on a .mdl decompiler that's compatibile with Titanfall models.

Some people might still use my original models since it's cleaner and has some of the smaller details modeled into it. I still just don't know how I feel about releasing these models. I don't have to model everything from scratch, so that's a plus. And I can start working on some other models. I might just release most of them for you guys to unfold.

Thanks for what you have done so far though! Guess I will keep an eye out for updates!

I just finished the unfold, so here we go. It's now scaled to 360mm in height which is 1,5 cm smaller than my own model.

Download it here

Pilot_13_zps65d066c7.png

Pilot_14_zps2efe190d.png

Pilot_15_zps91d20385.png

I noticed on this last picture that the bottom piece of the helmet is just cloth. Removing this after hardening would probably allow us to fit our head inside:p

Pilot_17_zps4ec0aadc.png

I'm also now able to decompile the models myself. Expect a new thread about that soon.

Edit: Here's a few screenshots of the female version of the pilot helmet:

Pilot_18_zps33531ec8.png

Pilot_19_zps42a10d98.png

Pilot_13_zps65d066c7.png

Pilot_14_zps2efe190d.png

Pilot_15_zps91d20385.png

Pilot_17_zps4ec0aadc.png

Pilot_18_zps33531ec8.png

Pilot_19_zps42a10d98.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!,
You have lost details in some areas such as the cheek plates, but have gained more details elsewhere. As mine is slightly big, I will go again but might try the new unfold you have done. You're also right about the fabric at the bottom. Just wont include the extra tabs at the bottom. Damn wish I could print now, but will have to buy another 30 or so sheets of card lol

I might foam build majority of mine but I'll keep an eye out if someone does the jetpack. Thanks yet again! I'll let ya know how it goes.

Nice!,
You have lost details in some areas such as the cheek plates, but have gained more details elsewhere. As mine is slightly big, I will go again but might try the new unfold you have done. You're also right about the fabric at the bottom. Just wont include the extra tabs at the bottom. Damn wish I could print now, but will have to buy another 30 or so sheets of card lol

I might foam build majority of mine but I'll keep an eye out if someone does the jetpack. Thanks yet again! I'll let ya know how it goes.

Ok, cool:) I just extracted the jetpack to see how the model was built. Looks perfect for foam:

Pilot_20_zps09ff63af.png

Attachments

• Pilot_20_zps09ff63af.png
    Pilot_20_zps09ff63af.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 188
Wow, the jumppack looks exactly perfect for foam and cloth! And also has more details than I thought haha.

Hey, I have a model of the Atlas titan in .pdo format. I haven't unfolded it yet, but if there is interest I will. I'd like to split it apart in something like Blender too, but I don't know how...

Here is the model, though: http://www.4shared.com/file/5jVNoBtWce/Atlas.html?

This looks great mate! I'm almost thinking about ditching a current project to have at this, but hours are already into that and I really want to get her done right. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Man, this looks awesome! Kudos to you Jico!

Wow, the jumppack looks exactly perfect for foam and cloth! And also has more details than I thought haha.

Hey, I have a model of the Atlas titan in .pdo format. I haven't unfolded it yet, but if there is interest I will. I'd like to split it apart in something like Blender too, but I don't know how...

Here is the model, though: http://www.4shared.com/file/5jVNoBtWce/Atlas.html?

Cool. Would be nice to see someone attempt to build that as a costume x)

This looks great mate! I'm almost thinking about ditching a current project to have at this, but hours are already into that and I really want to get her done right. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I'm still working on your file btw. I've gotten a little side tracked with all this. I'm trying to find more references, but I guess I'll just have to guess how the back of the helmet looks.

Sorry to sound noobish as I may have overlooked this but is there a folder of .pdos with the above such as the jetpack. I need reference images and google images can only give me so much. I might design some foam templates.

Go here, You'll find foam templates for most of the pilot armor, I haven't made templates for the jump jets though. And in "Pilot_Battle_Rifle" at the start of the thread you can find obj. models for everything. Hope this helps!

-Konstantin

Does the height measurement for this go from the top of the antenna stalk or the top of the helmet? My kid wants to do this for Halloween so I'd better get started. :)

It is to the top of the range finder antenna, which adds about 50-65 Millimeters.

Does the height measurement for this go from the top of the antenna stalk or the top of the helmet? My kid wants to do this for Halloween so I'd better get started. :)

Here's the built helmet in scale:

IMG_0169_zpsc0761b28.jpg

Hope this helps!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0169_zpsc0761b28.jpg
    IMG_0169_zpsc0761b28.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 165
Whats up all I want to build a helmet that is not in the pepakura data base its the helmet that Carmen Ibanza wore in the Star ship Trooper CGI movie out of all the full body armor that was on the movie that helmet stood out the most for me and i really want to build it. The problem is i don't know how to use blender. I took a few screenshots using the VLC function but that's all i got for now plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back