Titanfall Pilot Helmet [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jico

--Game Model Release--

I managed to get a hold of a decompiled model of the pilot armor and with it, the pilot helmet. I'm also now able to decompile the models myself, so expect a new thread about that soon.

Download the game model here

Pilot_13_zps65d066c7.png

--Released--

I just updated it to version 2. I had to put a few disclaimers in the file since I'm not sure about EA and Respawn's policy on fanmade models.

If you downloaded V1, please download V2 in the link below.

Let me know if it is too big or too small. It is currently scaled to be 375mm tall.

Download V2 here.

Pilot_11_zpse9c44e4b.png

--Original post--

Hello again 405th, it's been a while. I recently got into the Titanfall Beta and decided that I'd start a weekend project. I took some reference images ingame and lined them up in photoshop using guides at 25%, 50% and 75%. The modeling took about 4-5 hours. I'm not going to release it right away, I need to finish the rangefinder on the side and unfold it. I will update this first post with a link once I'm done, so stay tuned.

Pilot_02_zps60278f9f.png

Pilot_04_zps2975144b.png

Pilot_03_zpsa28278a4.png

Pilot_01_zpsd0127f29.png

I'm working on a high def version for those with itchy CNC machines. I'm not a professional, but I think it will do the job. I will not release the .obj here, but if you're interested I'll post my email address when I post the LD pepakura file.

Pilot_07_zps0abe45b1.png

Pilot_08_zps5617f2f4.png

Stay tuned for the unfolded file!:)

Pilot_13_zps65d066c7.png

Pilot_11_zpse9c44e4b.png

Pilot_02_zps60278f9f.png

Pilot_04_zps2975144b.png

Pilot_03_zpsa28278a4.png

Pilot_01_zpsd0127f29.png

Pilot_07_zps0abe45b1.png

Pilot_08_zps5617f2f4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back Jico, long time no see. Great work as always, loved your version of the didact helmet as well.

Um, I never made a version of the didact helmet:p You must be thinking of someone else.

Sorry about that. I am running around with only two hours of sleep in the past 4 days. Either way love your work.

I decided to texture it for fun:p A quick question, how tall do you guys think the unfold should be? The top seems really big compared to where the eyes will see out.

Pilot_09_zps8357d8b4.png

Attachments

• Pilot_09_zps8357d8b4.png
    Pilot_09_zps8357d8b4.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 469
The helmet itself should be around 300 millimeters, the scanner looks a little tall, so maybe 400 total?

Sorry for the double post, but I just released it. Check the first post for a link or just click **Removed** Download V2 in post #18. Let me know if the helmet is too big or too small. It is currently scaled to be 375mm tall.

[Old pic removed]

That is a really nice model. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

No problem. But I already see things I wanna fix:/ The top needs to be more rounded and I can't fix it if the model is already unfolded. Ah well, I'll just get to work on V2.

I'll see what I can do to get this printed and assembled soon, but I've not got a home printer so it may be a week or so. Even if it isn't 100% how you'd like it, I love it. Thanks Jico!

I'll see what I can do to get this printed and assembled soon, but I've not got a home printer so it may be a week or so. Even if it isn't 100% how you'd like it, I love it. Thanks Jico!

Ok:) Glad you like it. Small inaccuracies just drive me crazy:p
I'm gonna update the links once I'm done with V2. It's not a huge differance, so I think you can just print put the top middle part of V2 and glue it on where the V1 part should be.

If you finish before I get it printed Tuesday I'll do an unfold. I'm sending a flashdrive with the file and Pepakura with my mom to work and she will print haha.

V2 Released

If you finish before I get it printed Tuesday I'll do an unfold. I'm sending a flashdrive with the file and Pepakura with my mom to work and she will print haha.

Just updated the first post with the download link to V2. Enjoy:) I made the top more rounded and I fixed the range finder.

Pilot_11_zpse9c44e4b.png

Side note, this is post #650 for me. :D

Pilot_11_zpse9c44e4b.png

Cool, downloading. You certainly beat me, haha! Congrats on 650, by the way. I've only got 236 with this...

Dude, NICE work and much thanks. I'm still on the fence on this game, but am a fan of the pilot armor. Well done and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back