Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great so far. It's nice so see someone taking there time on the early steps. I will most definitely be keeping my eye on this.

A tip I can offer is to stop pepping (for now). Your pepping skills are great, but I would advise to stop for a while and at least get a few coats of resin on what you have done before moving on to pepping another piece. If you let a raw pep lay around for too long, it will start to sag/warp a bit (experience). That's just the nature of paper; time mixed with temperature changes, humidity, etc. can expand/contract the paper, leaving you a warped piece. If you get a coat or two of resin on the exterior, they'll be in better shape to be left alone while you start building more pieces. I generally build one or two pieces at a time, and follow through until it's at least got a coat of primer before moving onto another piece.

Very good job so far! Keep it up.

I've placed all the pieces up on shelves so they aren't laying on their sides. The forearms are mounted on top of cups so they are kept open/round all the time. Although I completely understand where your advice is coming from, and it's appreciated, I would much rather have all the pepping done before I start on resin. This way, I can work on multiple pieces at a time while I wait for others to cure :)
Little bit of resin on one piece, move on to the next, and so forth. Spreading one mix of resin across a few pieces at a time.

How fast your Pepped models deteriorate depends on the conditions you leave them in and for how long - I wouldn't advise leaving them over the winter (I have a friend in Sydney who reports temperatures of roughly 10C), but if it's warm and you're working at a good pace, you should be able to get them all stabilised with resin before the heat and humidity begin to affect them.

Good luck with the resin stage, Spartan.

*GROAN*

My hands are going to hate me over the next however-long-it-will-take to cut and fold all 33 pages of my chest piece.

20140801_150103.jpg

PS : Cookies!

Attachments

• 20140801_150103.jpg
    20140801_150103.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 279
Im now starting to consider using a rondo type method instead of fiberglass. I think it would save a lot of time?
Can anybody tell me the difference in weight between a couple of layers of rondo versus fiberglass?

Rondo would be faster and easier, less tedious. The weight would dramatically increase, maybe 3 times as heavy if not more, but with the weight being distributed I don't think it will burden you too much when wearing it.

How much weight are we talking here? Im not even sure how much the fiberglass will weigh to start with. Haha.
Maybe one coat of rondo followed by fiberglass.. I dunno. Haven't got a clue. At least ive still got time to figure it out.

I welcome you sir, to the 405th! Taa-daaa! Isint it Amazing? You get to do all the stuff the cool kids do now! Enjoy your stay!
Your Pepakura skills are fantastic! Keep it up man.

I welcome you sir, to the 405th! Taa-daaa! Isint it Amazing? You get to do all the stuff the cool kids do now! Enjoy your stay!
Your Pepakura skills are fantastic! Keep it up man.

Thanks for that. But not a sir :p

Fingers.... dead... can't go on.. *bleah*

2 pages to go out of the 33 for the chest piece. My fingertips feel like I've closed them in a car door. The things we do for love..

20140803_224516.jpg

Attachments

• 20140803_224516.jpg
    20140803_224516.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 187
Fingers.... dead... can't go on.. *bleah*

2 pages to go out of the 33 for the chest piece. My fingertips feel like I've closed them in a car door. The things we do for love..

I so know that feeling! The 81 pages just for my Rogue torso about killed my fingers. Worst part is, just after I had finished all of this, they figure out how to use the Cameo to do all the work (cut and score)! If I had known that before I started, I would have figured that purchase into my budget.

Great work by the way!

Buy a foam pencil grip cover to put over your exacto. It will help.

Also, you should join the cult of Silhouette Cameo. It saves the fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back