Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what arrived in the mail today! From 105th Armoury

Pew Pew Pew!!

20141220_145140.jpg

20141220_145140.jpg

What a crazy couple of months. No work done on my suit at all.
Good news is I have a news job which pays VERY well so I shall not encounter any issues with affordability in the upcoming stages of the build!

Bring on the year!

What a crazy couple of months. No work done on my suit at all.
Good news is I have a news job which pays VERY well so I shall not encounter any issues with affordability in the upcoming stages of the build!

Bring on the year!
Yay! New jobs are good... most of the time :D

Once again I'm updating with no real updates. Haha.
I just attended Supanova on the Gold Coast this weekend and it's really given me some motivation to get something done.
While I was there I picked up some gloves for my suit :)
20150419_130553.jpg

20150419_130458.jpg

Attachments

• 20150419_130553.jpg
    20150419_130553.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 20150419_130458.jpg
    20150419_130458.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 195
Also I think I may need to re-pep my helmet. It may be a touch too small. I need to do some testing yet with how it will sit on my head but I haven't got high hopes

Also I think I may need to re-pep my helmet. It may be a touch too small. I need to do some testing yet with how it will sit on my head but I haven't got high hopes
Got some pictures? It's entirely possible that it's something that might be remedied with some simple modifications. For instance, with my second pepped helmet, I wouldn't have been able to fit my head inside initially, if the ring of paper around wasn't removed.

Got some pictures? It's entirely possible that it's something that might be remedied with some simple modifications. For instance, with my second pepped helmet, I wouldn't have been able to fit my head inside initially, if the ring of paper around wasn't removed.

+1 for arma's post. Ditch the neck seals!

I can put it on.. in pep form. But when i do the rest and add fiberglass/foam to the inside it will no longer fit and will not cover my chin. Think i need to add at least another inch or so.
I was paranoid of making it too big to start with so now i have this result. Haha.

I can put it on.. in pep form. But when i do the rest and add fiberglass/foam to the inside it will no longer fit and will not cover my chin. Think i need to add at least another inch or so.
I was paranoid of making it too big to start with so now i have this result. Haha.

Shrinking can be a problem... Add about an inch to your measurement of your head. Actually, check out this scaling thread by HaloGoddess: http://www.405th.com/f19/halogoddess-how-scale-more-tutorial-31627/
HaloGoddess is right on point with her tut on scaling.

Once again I'm updating with no real updates. Haha.
I just attended Supanova on the Gold Coast this weekend and it's really given me some motivation to get something done.
While I was there I picked up some gloves for my suit :)

Totally loving your build and your progress!
What kind of gloves are those in your post?

I don't know the name of them off the top of my head. They were from a stall selling all sorts of combat stuff but I'll see if i can find a name on them when i get home from work.

Totally loving your build and your progress!
What kind of gloves are those in your post?
Apologies for the delay!
The brand of the gloves is Freesoldier.
20150505_154700.jpg

Attachments

• 20150505_154700.jpg
    20150505_154700.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 184
Awesome!
I'll see if I can look up the pair you are using so I can add it to the undersuit resources thread I've got going.

Started fibreglassing this weekend. No photos at this stage (I wouldn't be sharing them even if there was.. lol)

It's a pain in the butt to work with for the first time but I've been researching some ideas to make the process much smoother and quicker!
Looking forward to next weekend so I can get back into it!

I recently did my fibreglassing, not sure how much I would know compared to others, but I may be able answer some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back