Commander Cody Jetpack (with modificiations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSF SPARKS

SO, as with many other people on here, I've been a lurker for the past two years, as I began the process of deciding what to build for myself. I've already begun working on Belakor's Recon helmet, but that's a story for another time. This post on the other hand is to ask the community for help, and opinions on a side project I want to build with my helmet. I've always been in love with Star Wars, and of course the respected Commander Cody. Recently I found that his pepakura files are a little hard to find, especially his jetpack. I finally found a 3D model to be unfolded, and although I could do it myself I was curious as to if someone with more experience could unfold it for the community. I'll also be posting pictures as I work on it, and would love any criticism, critiquing, and help anyone can dish out. I'll also throw in the modifications that I already know how to do, and are planned.:D
This is a sample for anyone who doesn't know what it looks like:
10_1.jpg

And another from the movie, just because. ;)
f1_1.jpg

Modifications:
  • Harness (I plan on having straps cross my chest, holding a base for the pack on my center-back
  • Magnetic release (The pack will be connected by way of magnets, and an indentation for the base to fit into)
  • *Copper contact points?* (Possibly put a power source inside, to power electronics inside and out of the pack?)
  • Magazine slot (No, not the kind you read. I'm debating on cutting out the thruster, and instead creating a magnetic slot for a pistol magazine, as I need something to carry the few things I need. I'm a runner in airsoft.)
  • Hatch (Of course. ;) One possibiity is using the upper front portion, above the thruster and using a sliding hinge to allow it to stay parallel, but slide out and down the pack?)
  • Again, any criticism, ideas, or suggestions are welcomed gratefully.

Progress:
Pep: Finished!
Glassed:
Detailed:
Electronics:

Progress so far!
image_zps64703a43.jpg

image_zps0f76c536.jpg

With one small issue sadly, should be fixed with the fiberglass and bondo do I'll be doing on the outside.
image_zpse74597a4.jpg

Thanks to Demogorgon for the unfold!:
http://www.4shared.com/file/xAoOBLaqce/armor_cody.html

Note: I did not create any of these files or pictures, and take no ownership of them.

Attachments

• 10_1.jpg
    10_1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 381
  • f1_1.jpg
    f1_1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 987
  • image_zps64703a43.jpg
    image_zps64703a43.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 532
  • image_zps0f76c536.jpg
    image_zps0f76c536.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 262
  • image_zpse74597a4.jpg
    image_zpse74597a4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 286
I'd be happy to help make an unfold for you.

Try this and let me know how it works for you (it may have to be scaled, I have it at 400mm tall).

For anyone reading this, the thread is not dead. Track season is over, I now have time to work on this, and plan to be done before my birthday on the 25th!

Can anyone please help with this. I too have searched the net all over for this file. Can't find it anywhere but here and the link comes up that the file isn't valid anymore. :/

Can anyone please help with this. I too have searched the net all over for this file. Can't find it anywhere but here and the link comes up that the file isn't valid anymore. :/

Hey man, welcome to the community! So the thread you just bumped up has been dead for 2 years. If you need a file request, comment on the pepakura request thread in the 3D modelling forum.

Also keep in mind that we are first and foremost a halo costuming community. There is a chance that someone will have the file handy, but you may also have better luck on our parent site, therpf.com

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah sorry for bumping an old thread but so far after all my searching this was the only place to find this. I may have found another file a friend just helped find. Either way, will have to wait to get off work, lol. Maybe I can get a halo costume done one day after this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back