Halo 4 Multiplayer Build: Will I finish this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back once again! This time I have more to update upon. I'm ditching the Soldier helmet for the Wetwork because of the coolness factor, just as a side note.

Selfie with the Oceanic chest on! I've done a lot to it, and even decided to seal it with some exterior white latex paint. It's been doing a great job, even though I have been layering it on:

gubeza8y.jpg

The back is coming along good:

sy2uguse.jpg

I've used caulk like "foam-bondo" to help reshapen a side. It looks rough in the picture, but by the next update you should be able to see how much better it looks:

u6y7ysem.jpg

e2yzevap.jpg

I couldn't resist taking a picture with mixed suit pieces:

vunubu3y.jpg

Also, I went to begin the Wetwork, and ran out of cardstock. Luckily, I have a scrap booking family friend who gets too much scrap booking supplies:

vegenute.jpg

Let's just say, I'm going to have quite the romantic helmet!

Until next time!

Attachments

• gubeza8y.jpg
    gubeza8y.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 142
  • sy2uguse.jpg
    sy2uguse.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 144
  • u6y7ysem.jpg
    u6y7ysem.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 126
  • e2yzevap.jpg
    e2yzevap.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 133
  • vunubu3y.jpg
    vunubu3y.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 125
  • vegenute.jpg
    vegenute.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 140
After a lot of mouth pain from wisdom teeth coming in, exam reviews, and Mariokart 8, I'm finally getting in an update. I crafted up the shoulders, which I've already started prototyping up a paint job (couldn't resist!)

y2u4e2y3.jpg

The chest is on it's final layer of touch up white paint, and I'll be doing the final touches on it. I'll get a pic up as soon as I can.

As far as the Wetwork pep, I'm at this point:

vyheru2u.jpg

The file somehow got screwed up and was giving me flaps on both sides of some parts (around where 70 is, in case anyone wants to fix that.)

Hopefully I'll be back with some more paint progress! Until next time, I'm off to finish Reach!

e7arybez.jpg

Attachments

• vyheru2u.jpg
    vyheru2u.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 126
  • y2u4e2y3.jpg
    y2u4e2y3.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 116
  • e7arybez.jpg
    e7arybez.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 139
UPDATES!

The shoulders got all finished now, with paint at least. They'll be mounted to the biceps/triceps when I finish those soon:

ytudepab.jpg

I haven't had much time to work on the helmet, but this is where that is:

3ady8eje.jpg

Definitely one of the more challenging peps I've had to do, but I'm eager to see where it goes.

The chest is just looking fantastic:

gamynuqy.jpg

And the backside:

a4y2e9em.jpg

I'm still working on getting it painted and everything, which is working out decently well.

I'll try to get more updates on as I work on stuff. Constructive criticism is appreciated! Rock on 405th!

Attachments

• 3ady8eje.jpg
    3ady8eje.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 129
  • ytudepab.jpg
    ytudepab.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 142
  • gamynuqy.jpg
    gamynuqy.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 146
  • a4y2e9em.jpg
    a4y2e9em.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 125
gorgeous, really love the paint jobs over the plasti-dip. Looks fantastic so far!

Thanks! It means a lot. The paint jobs are one of the most difficult but most exciting part about building for me!

UPDATE:

I made some serious progress, working sunrise to sunset on the forearm pieces... And let me tell you, I am very impressed with what I was able to pull off:

pymubena.jpg

areramem.jpg

jadybezu.jpg

I'm very proud of my work on these, I even surprised myself! I've come to realize that cheating out on detail is cheating out your entire build, so unless it's really difficult, I'm going to give a bunch of details a shot!

But first, let me take a selfie:

3esebyza.jpg

That's it for this update! Working on some more stuff that will be coming soon.

Attachments

• pymubena.jpg
    pymubena.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 126
  • areramem.jpg
    areramem.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 108
  • jadybezu.jpg
    jadybezu.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 3esebyza.jpg
    3esebyza.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 104
Looking very nice man! keep up the good work!:)

-Ian

It's taking shape quite nicely. You can see a great improvement in your foam skills.

Thanks a lot guys, it keeps me going!

Speaking of which, I have a lot of progress to report from just today. Progress from both the white suit and the "long lost forgotten" red suit.

For starters, I mounted the white shoulders on a strap, which will wrap around my arm. I'll be attaching them together with elastic (doing that right this minute actually) and they'll expand, attaching around my biceps:

yzehe5a4.jpg

Next up, we have the foam for the undersuit on the white armor. The biggest flaw on the red suit was the stiffness of the undersuit, and so in order to create flexibility, I used a foam camping mat, about 1/3" thick:

evumupah.jpg

naty3yzy.jpg

The Oceanic shoulders got plastidipped:

umebaze7.jpg

The red suit chest assembly got the paint treatment, and the spinal armor and butt plate got the finish:

ma6urugu.jpg

e2are4eb.jpg

The Wetwork helmet got resined:

munymyve.jpg

Last Recruit forearm got painted:

7u2e3ara.jpg

And finally, I drew the lines for paint on the white forearms:

3ere8uje.jpg

Long update! I can't wait to work more on them. I want to finish the red one by this week at the least, so let's see where I get with that. So long!

Attachments

• yzehe5a4.jpg
    yzehe5a4.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 109
  • evumupah.jpg
    evumupah.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 98
  • naty3yzy.jpg
    naty3yzy.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 100
  • umebaze7.jpg
    umebaze7.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 110
  • ma6urugu.jpg
    ma6urugu.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 131
  • e2are4eb.jpg
    e2are4eb.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 109
  • munymyve.jpg
    munymyve.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 7u2e3ara.jpg
    7u2e3ara.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 3ere8uje.jpg
    3ere8uje.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 119
Update again, I did some more work on the undersuit, painting in the cracks and things like that:

sugeqyma.jpg

I also did some work on the crotch plate, I tried to make it as identical to the other one as possible. Note it is still in the middle of painting:

ytyvybyj.jpg

And this is the assembly, with a template for the ab plate laid on as well:

ame8uzan.jpg

I hardened the helmet (rondo method) and primed it:

3ezy6aqu.jpg

za9ybu6a.jpg

bu8upa4e.jpg

zuhumeru.jpg

That's it for today. Now to relax and play some Shovel Knight before I rest up for another day of hard work.

Attachments

• sugeqyma.jpg
    sugeqyma.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 96
  • ytyvybyj.jpg
    ytyvybyj.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ame8uzan.jpg
    ame8uzan.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 3ezy6aqu.jpg
    3ezy6aqu.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 109
  • za9ybu6a.jpg
    za9ybu6a.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 145
  • bu8upa4e.jpg
    bu8upa4e.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 114
  • zuhumeru.jpg
    zuhumeru.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 106
Awesome job mate, can't wait to see it completed, I am not sure if it was just the camera but the paint on the chest piece looks a bit rough, keep up the good work!

Awesome job mate, can't wait to see it completed, I am not sure if it was just the camera but the paint on the chest piece looks a bit rough, keep up the good work!

Thanks! I need to touch up the white in some areas, as somehow the trash bag I used for masking got holes in it.

Update on a little side project:

I'm trying my hand at metalwork to try to create the Halo 4 assassination knife:

y5e7u5up.jpg

8yjuguba.jpg

ja8e8uma.jpg

8yba3una.jpg

It's a little rough still, but I need to harden and temper it yet. I'll be working on that and updating on the helmets and suits soon.

Attachments

• y5e7u5up.jpg
    y5e7u5up.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 8yjuguba.jpg
    8yjuguba.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 94
  • ja8e8uma.jpg
    ja8e8uma.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 8yba3una.jpg
    8yba3una.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 111
Tempered and ready for some finishing touches, as well as being set in the handle:

suqe4yja.jpg

Attachments

• suqe4yja.jpg
    suqe4yja.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 100
I am curious, what tools did you use to make the knife, I am a blacksmith (whenever possible). Nice job, I would try to flesh it out a bit more, if you can try to get the edge of the blade more consistent.

I am curious, what tools did you use to make the knife, I am a blacksmith (whenever possible). Nice job, I would try to flesh it out a bit more, if you can try to get the edge of the blade more consistent.

To get the shape, I used a hack saw and a saws-all. I then used a carbide bit on the air compressor as well as a bench grinder to get the shape. Because I was doing most of this by hand, and being it was my first time ever doing metalwork, I wasn't expecting much out of it, but I'm surprised at the turnout.

I had to get really creative with tempering it as I have no forge, so thankfully we had quite a large bonfire on the 4th. I got to impress some of my cousins (who are into Lord of the Rings and medieval culture in general) with the whole process. That, in my opinion, made this worth it so far.

But yeah, I'm going to start cleaning it up, sanding it up, and sharpen it once I get the handle all made.

Small update on how it's coming along. I did a lot of undersuit stuff, as well as strapping. This is what it looks like right now:

ypuny3u6.jpg

I would have had more pictures, but I completely forgot as I was thinking up ways on how to combat paint cracks. The latex paint I thought would do well isn't exactly doing the best, but I can deal with it. Any suggestions? I want to avoid redoing stuff.

Attachments

• ypuny3u6.jpg
    ypuny3u6.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 98
So I found some great undersuit material, and albeit it being pink, when covered with mesh and painted black, should do great for the sides!
7ajubu3a.jpg

At the store, these yoga mats cost about $30-35. I got this at a garage sale for 50¢. Steal? I think yes!

I'm working on 3 separate commissions right now, so progress is slow. I'll try to update properly as soon as I can.

Attachments

• 7ajubu3a.jpg
    7ajubu3a.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 106
Awesome job mate, super curious as to how the blade turned out, keep it up! :)

I'm going to be finishing up the knife once I can get done with the helmet, which is coming to a close very quickly here. Stay tuned!

great use of all your materials!

Thanks! It means a lot!

I have just a small update on how the helmet is coming. I'm almost done with bondo and shaping, just have to raise some areas, sand others, and fill small spots. Then she'll be ready for paint!

I finally found some of this stuff too (sorry about the snapchat picture, I had to show my friend):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407473166.594384.jpg

And I had to take a helmet selfie while I was at it, I'll try to get a whole armor shot soon:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407473222.308429.jpg

Also, I was conversing with a friend and she brought up a very good point. Undersuit generally need to have texture to meld the suit together, and a morphsuit just doesn't have it. I'm thinking of making a "morphsuit" out of a set of black long johns, like I did before with my Mark VI build:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407473581.959873.jpg

So I'm going to have to keep my eye open at Goodwill or online sales. Wish me luck, and suggestions would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back