Republic Commando Helmet (First build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejamppa

Hello there fellas of 405th.
I have read forums for quite awhile and decided to start my own project and go with Star Wars theme precisely republic commandos helmet. I'm going with star wars theme mostly because saga is close to my heart. This my first project is more or less practicing and try to get into pepakura world. So that's why i would want some guiding and comments how i'm doing as much as possible, for example if i'm doing something horribly wrong, i would appreciate if some would point me the right way. I'm trying to update thread whenever i advance on my build.

So far i have completed pepping and my model is ready for resin.

3Nu5e0a.png

RB7j1hn.png

Attachments

• 3Nu5e0a.png
    3Nu5e0a.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 946
  • RB7j1hn.png
    RB7j1hn.png
    283 KB · Views: 904
You may want to use Popsicle sticks instead of paper as supports when resining so there's no risk of warping or cave in :)

Where did you find the pep file? Every time I find a link on google it happens to be broken or missing..
I've been looking for the whole armor set including the helmet but can't even find the helmet. I've been wanting to build Clone Trooper Gregor's armor..

In fact i can't remember where i found it. I have almost every pep file for republic commando build. If your interested PM me about those.

Quick question when paint this bucket are you going to make it a delta team , Gregor, or a custom paint job?

I have resined first coat. And make some modifications like replaced those paper struts with wooden ones (BBQ skewer) and added few inside aswell. I added few details witch i forget to make. Tomorrow i will resin inside of helmet and add some fiberglass cloth inside.

zm4iJ5y.png

7KgBvPZ.png

Attachments

• zm4iJ5y.png
    zm4iJ5y.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 7KgBvPZ.png
    7KgBvPZ.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 396
Few more pics from today. Applying some resin and fiberglass inside of helmet.

rVAC4Ms.png

CevIk1B.png

Attachments

• CevIk1B.png
    CevIk1B.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 404
  • rVAC4Ms.png
    rVAC4Ms.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 334
Yet another update... I have once again worked whit my build for few hours. I coated whole helmet whit "bondo". I might have overshot amount of "bondo" a bit. And after that i sanded it for first time. We will see do i get it smooth ever.

yIK1E9j.png

32MtQXv.png

Next one is after sanding.

X4WPbeh.png

Attachments

• yIK1E9j.png
    yIK1E9j.png
    395.8 KB · Views: 364
  • X4WPbeh.png
    X4WPbeh.png
    609.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 32MtQXv.png
    32MtQXv.png
    669.8 KB · Views: 358
I am also working on the republic commando helmet however I'm having a hard time on the chin on my pep work. Yours looks awe some!!!

A little heavy on the bondo there, haha, but great wor so far! Your pep work is super clean, now just time for some sanding. Personally when I hit the bondo stage, I only do one part of the helmet at a time ( say the top, or right jaw, left ear.... you get the idea), and I only apply a very thin layer (Max 1/8" thick). I also like to attack the bondo with a sharp razor when it becomes tacky to cut down on sanding time. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back