Oblivion Pepakura Files

How interested are you in Oblivion pepakura files?

• Very interested!

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Somewhat Interested

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Get off the Stage!

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I applaud your efficiency! I will post pictures as soon as I begin construction (Hopefully tomorrow, new ink cartridges for printer)

Do you use models from Oblivion to make your unfolds?

Yeah I actually am taking these from the direct in-game meshes, altering them for building, then importing into Pepakura. Also, cool! I can't wait to see how you do, I was hoping someone would start making something from these files. Oblivion is an older game, sure, but it was the first Elder Scrolls for me and I find unfolding it fun. I did not include the belt or leather "skirt" for the cuirass as i assumed those would be done in leather, but if you want those as .pdos just say so.

Hello again Hobbitdude13, finally got my ink, so this build will start soon! What is your height? And two other things, on the boots, the armor at the heel of the sabaton is not in the unfold. And the upper arm unfold, any chance of making the bottom piece straight and not a diagonal?

And what size person is the legion armor scaled too?

Hello again Hobbitdude13, finally got my ink, so this build will start soon! What is your height? And two other things, on the boots, the armor at the heel of the sabaton is not in the unfold. And the upper arm unfold, any chance of making the bottom piece straight and not a diagonal?

And what size person is the legion armor scaled too?

OK I am 6' 2" so you may want to rescale and rearrange if you are significantly shorter/taller. Ah I gotcha now on the upper arm piece, I kept trying to figure out what the devil you meant lol. And I have no idea what a sabaton is. Can you screenshot what you are looking at and post a picture? I'll fix whatever it is I just need to see what the fix is for is all.

Here is the straightened upper arm piece: http://www.4shared.com/file/OB4rckIsce/upperarmstraightened.html

Empire_Legion_Armour_by_Artigas 1.jpg

Sorry about not sending reference, I admit I had a bit of mix up about uploading a image :p Thanks for the fix on the arm piece. The other thing, the chest has these ribs over the shoulder, I am guessing they are there to cover the buckles that connect the back and front, any chance of adding those to the chest or as separate pieces? :)

As for the boot area, there was no piece for the back of the boot, that covers the heel. Sabotons are the medieval term for these metal "shoes" they wore over boots :)

I hope the picture uploads!

View attachment 6871

Sorry about not sending reference, I admit I had a bit of mix up about uploading a image :p Thanks for the fix on the arm piece. The other thing, the chest has these ribs over the shoulder, I am guessing they are there to cover the buckles that connect the back and front, any chance of adding those to the chest or as separate pieces? :)

As for the boot area, there was no piece for the back of the boot, that covers the heel. Sabotons are the medieval term for these metal "shoes" they wore over boots :)

I hope the picture uploads!

Oh! Ok for the boot that was intentional as I assume (incorrectly, it seems) that if it was to be made it would be more of a slipper than a proper boot. Heres the fix: http://www.4shared.com/file/lYWNPJuSce/legionbootsfix.html

I'll double check the model for those ribs, I can see where they are on your image there. Any other fixes? This is feedback I need to get better at unfolds.

I'll double check the model for those ribs, I can see where they are on your image there. Any other fixes? This is feedback I need to get better at unfolds.

For the boots, could you make the heel higher so it is level with the marked line, remove the soles and split the heel area the same as it would look in the split version download? ( Split marked by dotted line ) boot.PNG And can you do the split shin version on the fix please?

You would wear boots underneath, the metal just protects the top of the foot, so there is no need for a pattern at the bottom. I will get back to you on anything I spot, I have a keen eye for this set, I have to double check, but I believe some part of the upper leg armor can be cleared as it is leather, but i want to be sure of my facts on that one.

Attachments

• boot.PNG
    boot.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 398
I'll bring the heel up but I wouldn't recommend splitting the pep file itself.
I found it easier to harden the piece as one (it keeps its shape better) , then use a dremel tool to split it apart for straps and buckles or what have you.

But its up to you. Are you sure you want it split in the computer?

So I have begun, the first elbow piece is done and I am busy cutting out the helmet pieces, cannot wait to see how it fits! Progress is slow as I am working on a dawnguard pep at the same time.

Hello once more Hobbitdude! Finally got the helmet done! Not to bad a unfold I must say, only difficultly being the crest area and how it joins to the helmet and the finicky horns above the eyes :)

I took a quick shot with my front camera, will post better res one by Sunday!

WHOA Oblivion Files! Excellent I was wondering if anyone was going to do them. And I was specifically looking for the Legion Ones too! You sir, are a godsend. Been Thinking you think you can do the legion helmets from this mod? It's like the vanilla Legion helm just closed. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22602/? (check all pics in gallery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back