Halo 5: Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i'll wait two more day's before I start talking game intel so people have a chance to play it, so the staff doesn't go all halo 5 bad guy on me again.

okay i'll wait two more day's before I start talking game intel so people have a chance to play it, so the staff doesn't go all halo 5 bad guy on me again.

Nobody's going to mind if you talk about the game, but as I mentioned before: any content related to the campaign needs to be kept within spoiler tags, so as not to ruin the plot for those who may not have been able to enjoy the Campaign experience yet. Please, share your experiences with us, but make sure you're not ruining things for other people while you're at it. Nobody wants to have the game spoiled.

Yeah man I got a notification saying "you've been quoted" and I come here to see you giving hints.
I was NOT happy.

The whole campaign was a massive let down. Their ad campaign was extremely misleading, the characters new characters were boring and the old were ignored and the gameplay/story was lackluster, repetitive and unoriginal. I had my doubts going in but I had no idea it would be as bad as it was. And after the whole code and physical disc fiasco I have completely lost faith in 343i and Halo.

I'm loving the multi player, or at least I was before the server went down :-( booooo
its very fast paced compared to pervious multi player halo, or at least it feels like it

okay I'm just going out of the way here but the end, who thought something like that could happened you'd think the covenant would have found them when they glassed the planet. and then the whole opening bit with (redacted) saying to lock that he'd have to kill them when its over, why?

Just beaten the Halo 5 Legendary Campaign COOP. Once you complete it we can talk more about it.

okay I'm just going out of the way here but the end, who thought something like that could happened you'd think the covenant would have found them when they glassed the planet. and then the whole opening bit with (redacted) saying to lock that he'd have to kill them when its over, why?

foxleader, I'm going to ask you one final time - any story/Campaign-based content goes in spoiler tags. I don't care if it comes from the start of the game, or the end - don't ruin the game for other people. This is non-negotiable, stop dropping plotline discussion without spoilering the content.

If you need help with adding spoiler tags, let me know and I'll give you some instruction, but please. This is the last time I want to have to tell you to stop spoiling the plot of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
hum it was in the last trailer they put out Chernobyl so everyone seen it so don't make a big deal about it, I mean I could have said something people could read and be like thanks a lot you ruined it. but a lot of facts are coming from hunt the truth at this point, because its not halo 5 and yet we can see the big picture from a mile away with logical understanding.

For as much as I love Halo, I tried my best to save the trailers and such for when I played the game. When I saw some users remotely talking about the campaign, I felt I had to avoid the forums just so the campaign wasn't spoiled for me. I didn't even receive Halo 5 until last Wednesday (Curse you Amazon. I'm never pre-ordering a game there again.). I finished the campaign just a couple of hours ago. If users want to talk about the campaign, I would wrap the spoilers in a spoiler tag just as Chernobyl said. I'd hate to spoil the campaign for others.

you know I'm starting to see something that is bugging me with one of the halo 5 guys, mainly the one everyone and there brother has been talking about but doesn't know the reason behind it, why is it that the arbiter in the old cutsences is talking to lock but in the game he doesn't?

Basically, the promotional videos and all the TV spots have nothing to do with the real plot. Just made up to get people interested.

Sent using Tapatalk

Basically, the promotional videos and all the TV spots have nothing to do with the real plot. Just made up to get people interested.

Sent using Tapatalk
Having played Halo 5, what storyline would you have used to promote the game? There really wasn't one for the general audience.

It was actually pretty genius by the promotional people at Microsoft. Even if it was misleading.

That has been how every marketing campaign for a Halo game has been since Halo 2, which is why when the first teaser came out featuring Chief in his Space Ponco I told people to take it worth a grain of salt.

I am really enjoying the multiplayer so far, I do like the little goodies they throw in. I love the ability to be able to slide and then stand right back up. Then the subtle parkour is a really nice touch too and of course dashing. It makes it feel like a nice hybrid arena-shooter rather than going over CoD. Warzone is also a nice touch.
My biggest gripe besides the length of the campaign is the fact that the only way to unlock armor is through requestion. I feel more satisfied when I have to achieve my armor rather than just playing the slot machine for it.
So no matter how you try microsoft I am not going to fall into your micro transactions.

:3 Oh if anyone is down to play some Halo 5 pm me!

I think the whole campaign, #HuntTheTruth has been outstanding! So interesting, especially these audiologs.
And, it's been actually very literal - hunt the truth, it was up to us. And to find the truth you have to separate the lies and misleading things... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back