Halo 5: Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYNO 666

[url]http://www.cnet.com/news/halo-5-guardians-release-date-set-for-fall-of-2015/ [/URL]

Halo 5 Guardians Multiplayer Beta:

buhyqe6e.jpg

javyheda.jpg

ejyhyvyh.jpg
ymu5erys.jpg

So many Questions!

Audio drama link! Hunt the truth.
http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/
Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Also made playlist of all the Halo Follower videos to find easier.
Huntthetruth: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnGved6Hzxzx-OVWUO01UMN6ZR7lseAI

buhyqe6e.jpg

javyheda.jpg

ejyhyvyh.jpg

ymu5erys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean. Start now and be ready for launch day!

This resonates with me.

"There are several rumors surrounding what kind of game ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ will be. One of the more interesting ones is that it may be an open-world game. What Master Chief’s involvement will be in the story is definitely now an open question as the key art released for the game shows him as a mere reflection to the Spartan IV soldier standing above the logo. "

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

"Guardians" doesn't need an apostrophe, might as well edit that out of your title.

Also, guarded about this. The new Spartan seems to be an ONI representative, but I'm not so certain of why they have Chief second to an anonymous Spartan in HIS OWN GAME SERIES.

So the only question is How long until a 405th member free-hands a set of the new ONI Operative armor.

Two thoughts as to plot direction.

"You want to replace him" - Dr. Halsey

"We are Forerunners, *guardians* of all that exists" -Didact.

It could be a dark day if the Chief isn't the main character. If you play as the other spartan up on top and you are searching for an AWOL Chief or something like that.....
A very dark day indeed.
PICTURE EDIT!
Anyone else notice the BR totally has a different scope from Halo 4?
d5935a01-4279-4bdd-bec8-0c557ddba942_zps89efba92.jpg
Halo 4 BR
BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg

Attachments

• BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg
    BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 367
  • d5935a01-4279-4bdd-bec8-0c557ddba942_zps89efba92.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 372
It could be a dark day if the Chief isn't the main character. If you play as the other spartan up on top and you are searching for an AWOL Chief or something like that.....
A very dark day indeed.
PICTURE EDIT!
Anyone else notice the BR totally has a different scope from Halo 4?
Halo 4 BR
BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg

Looks light iron sights to me, could this mean that you can get different scopes?

Attachments

• BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg
    BR_zps3b9a9050.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 320
  • d5935a01-4279-4bdd-bec8-0c557ddba942_zps89efba92.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 368
Which by the way, I would love to start on the new ONI Spartan... If only we had some back shots! Is it just me, or do the thighs on the ONI look like the Contoured set from Halo 4?

I like the look of this armor LOADS more than the Halo 4 Spartan IV armor variants. I'm thinking this might be a new Noble 6; a new base character to start from. Notice the lack of shoulder armor. If this game was more open world, what if they did do a spin on the ODST storytelling style? Or even Halo 2? In half of Halo 2 and ODST, you played as another character, Arbiter and various members of Rookie's lost squad. I would love it if your new Noble 6 type character (Maybe Crimson 6? lol) would play half of the game and the other half would be from Chief's perspective. They'd be following eachother across the map, unlocking what happened or what Chief is looking for (like Halsey).

Looks light iron sights to me, could this mean that you can get different scopes?
I'm thinking more of a Reflex Sight like this:
ReflexSight_zps5b4dd2d3.jpg

I like the look of this armor LOADS more than the Halo 4 Spartan IV armor variants. I'm thinking this might be a new Noble 6; a new base character to start from. Notice the lack of shoulder armor. If this game was more open world, what if they did do a spin on the ODST storytelling style? Or even Halo 2? In half of Halo 2 and ODST, you played as another character, Arbiter and various members of Rookie's lost squad. I would love it if your new Noble 6 type character (Maybe Crimson 6? lol) would play half of the game and the other half would be from Chief's perspective. They'd be following eachother across the map, unlocking what happened or what Chief is looking for (like Halsey).
I'd actually like this too, as long as you weren't searching to arrest the Chief for going AWOL. If it was split perspective, that'd be really cool. I know a lot of people didn't like splitting as the Arbiter, but I didn't mind it.

Attachments

• ReflexSight_zps5b4dd2d3.jpg
    ReflexSight_zps5b4dd2d3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 358
I Believe that other spartan is Sarah Palmer The armor may be updated but its is very similar
79px-Halo-4-Play-Arts-Kai-Sarah-Palmer-Figure-Square-Enix-e1355428684403_zps2f4c3739.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd actually like this too, as long as you weren't searching to arrest the Chief for going AWOL. If it was split perspective, that'd be really cool. I know a lot of people didn't like splitting as the Arbiter, but I didn't mind it.

Yeah. I actually preferred playing as the Arbiter in Halo2 because he had invis-a-shiz. Legendary was stupid hard because one shot to the foot could kill you. =( I hope they don't repeat that. The split play style would also make a lot of sense because Chief has lost his conversation partner. They'll need some extra characters to move the story forward. Granted, Chief has grown a lot in the games, but even in the books he didn't talk unless he had to, or unless fellow Spartan II's were around. That being said, I highly doubt that Chief would be the only Spartan II looking for Halsey. There are still members alive as of Halo 4 from the Spartan II program, as well as some Spartan III's (Jun). The spartan we see up there? God I hope that it's one of Chief's old teammates.

Yeah. I actually preferred playing as the Arbiter in Halo2 because he had invis-a-shiz. Legendary was stupid hard because one shot to the foot could kill you. =( I hope they don't repeat that. The split play style would also make a lot of sense because Chief has lost his conversation partner. They'll need some extra characters to move the story forward. Granted, Chief has grown a lot in the games, but even in the books he didn't talk unless he had to, or unless fellow Spartan II's were around. That being said, I highly doubt that Chief would be the only Spartan II looking for Halsey. There are still members alive as of Halo 4 from the Spartan II program, as well as some Spartan III's (Jun). The spartan we see up there? God I hope that it's one of Chief's old teammates.
My first thought was maybe it's Serin Osman. Spatan II dropout turned new head of ONI. Maybe with the advancement in technology she was able to be augmented and wear Mjolnir. That would be pretty awesome as well. Back when Reach was first announced I thought, "OH MY GOD THEY'RE MAKING A GAME ABOUT THE FALL OF REACH AND FIRST STRIKE WHERE YOU PLAY AS THE SPARTAN II'S THAT WENT DOWN TO SAVE REACH WHILE THE CHIEF GOES OFF TO THE EVENTS OF HALO:CE!!!!!!"
But unfortunately I was wrong....
I'm really hoping that with 343i trying to bring out John's humanity, they believe the next logical step is to reunite him with Kelly, Linda, and Fred. Maybe they'd throw Naomi into the mix as well since she is a surviving SII.
I think I'd overload on nerdgasm for that game....

Last edited by a moderator:
That Spartan definetly isn't female. So its somebody else entirely. My jaw would drop if it was The Rookie.

That Spartan definetly isn't female. So its somebody else entirely. My jaw would drop if it was The Rookie.
This would be another awesome option, or Buck. I mean, if he truly was any better, he'd be a Spartan.

Someone just shared this on my facebook wall. LOLOLOLOL
"Isn't the new character obvious?"
Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg

Attachments

• Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg
    Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 304
OK so i have been all over today and found this (from Frank O Conner)

As you’re probably aware, my boss and studio head for 343, Bonnie Ross, officially announced the next installment in the Halo saga: Halo 5: Guardians, coming in fall 2015 for Xbox One. I will be up front and admit that I don’t have much more detail to add, but here at Waypoint, our conversations tend to be a little more insider, a little more familiar. And this is no exception.

Last year at E3, Bonnie famously said, “Your journey begins in 2014…” Wait – hang on – you thought: “What journey is she talking about and why is Chief wearing a poncho?” Okay, some might call it a cloak, but the fact remains – you knew something more nuanced was afoot. So it’s quite likely that Bonnie’s 2015 release announcement today surprised no one in the Halo community. In fact, I suspect most of you who read the Halo Bulletin regularly anticipate there’s even more to come.

Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.

But getting the Halo 5: Guardians announce out of the way is a big weight off our shoulders. This audience has correctly stated and assumed that you can’t necessarily squish a full Halo game into anything less than a three year development schedule – and at least up to and including Halo 5: Guardians, that’s more or less true.
(halo waypoint)

So is a halo 2 anniversary coming this year??? freak out!!

Second i have a few ideas about the top spartan.

lo-5-guardians-visual-id-teaser-wallpaper-1920x1080-e6bb97b9563b44cbbb552bf8e3d2d9c6_zpsed1e9fd2.jpg

So there are a few things that we can figure out from the picture

first is that it is obvious that this other spartan is NOT Master Chief (body contours are different)

second there is a very familiar symbol on the other spartan's armor.

halo5edit_zps01747717.jpg

See it?? this new spartan has possible Direct connections to ONI! (so Osmin or Naomi may make an appearance)

other possibilities could include just about any other remaining member of John's team (Kelly, Linda, and Fred)

Now into crazy land - this spartan could potentially be Cortana! Just a crazy theory (Glowing blue visor?)

and finally this could be your custom spartan, who could be sent out to find Chief.

I don't believe that this is Palmer, while an argument could be made that it is I just don't see it the armor is not close enough to suggest that conclusion.

well there are my thoughts what do you guys think?

Attachments

• halo5edit_zps01747717.jpg
    halo5edit_zps01747717.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 380
  • lo-5-guardians-visual-id-teaser-wallpaper-1920x1080-e6bb97b9563b44cbbb552bf8e3d2d9c6_zpsed1e9fd2.jpg
    lo-5-guardians-visual-id-teaser-wallpaper-1920x1080-e6bb97b9563b44cbbb552bf8e3d2d9c6_zpsed1e9fd2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 324
I'm leaning more towards the first 2 options as well as the player. I don't think it's Palmer or Cortana. Granted Cortana would have access to the cloning research and maybe if perfected she could have made herself a human clone from Halsey and downloaded herself into the brain of the clone. It isn't too far out there honestly. We know Cortana made thousands if not millions of copies of herself. Who says there isn't a copy hiding back on Earth in a top secret ONI facility.
That could be a huge twist. Cortana had stored a copy of herself in a ONI system the last time she and John were on Earth. It was dormant or had protocols to keep itself "dumb" so it wouldn't accelerate the rampancy. Upon Cortana's death, the "real" one, sent a message via slipspace to her "dormant" copy on earth who then awakened, knew it wouldn't be too long before she was completely rampant, made a clone, done.
If we go that route, Cortana also has access to the Forerunner idea of the composer. Digitizing organic material to wait out the Flood then rematerializing. She could've somehow used this along with Halsey's DNA to materialize herself somehow.
Crazy theories galore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back