ODST Crossover: Venom and Carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ODST + Venom cross-over : ODSV

Moar Carnage!

uVZCexWl.jpg

Complete!
After a lot of sanding, painting, riveting, padding and sewing, it was all ready. It came out perfectly!

wp6TJkWl.jpg

y3u0IRWl.jpg

VVekVxJl.jpg

Slice n Dice!

When I decided to work on the Carnage build, I decided early on that I wanted his weapon to be a Covenant Energy sword.
Luckily for me, Sean had one waiting for me. With the help of one of our friends (nameless, to protect privacy) he wired up some custom electronics for me that make the sword pulse like it does in the game, AND it changes colors.

On command.
When I want.
Because reasons.
Anyway, in the comics, Carnage is able to manipulate his body to make weapons out of his appendages, like axes or hammers.
I thought a red energy sword would be a nice analogue to that, the Halo style if you will.

Convention pictures

Here are some of my favorite pics from the convention. Lots of people knew exactly what I was right away, which made me really happy! I didn't see any other Halo folk there though.....where you at, 405th???

oJ9YtWQl.jpg

clcHjdEl.jpg

bcKeYU7l.jpg

The artist of this booth was kind enough to let me get a picture in front of his Carnage painting

bloLGTcl.jpg

These kids, these kids were so happy to see me and I was happy to take as many pictures as they wanted.

Not pictured: Dad shoving kids out of way to get HIS picture haha

JfP4ZG8l.jpg

TrPutEQl.jpg

9JK3jLNl.jpg

vO7DeEpl.jpg

Am I official now?

When does the money start showing up?

ryxx9y0l.jpg

RKZzEBel.jpg

nXvBO3Ml.jpg

Saw these at a booth and had to buy them I saw a set a dragon*con and didn't get them, but I did this time!

m7ZWB8Yl.jpg

A t-shirt booth actually had some pretty good stuff of characters I like, so I jumped on these. Also got some decals of other things I like for my armor cases.

hmnKizLl.jpg

LadyPool wanted a picture. Who am I to say no?

(Side note: There were like 50 DeadPools at this convention. All trying to out pool each other. I just....can't....why....bleh)

SkMvflnl.jpg

The Fett man!

Surprisingly I only say ONE at this convention.

That's all for now. While there I met a professional photographer and he snapped several photos of me and I'll be sure to share them here when he posts them. I had a great time with this build and can't wait to do a shoot with Both Venom AND Carnage! :D :D :D

Special thanks to Sean Bradley for the awesome kit and Sword commission, a special person for the sword electronics (not named for privacy) and my fiance for co-painting it with me.

THANK YOU, for reading and the kind words :)

uVZCexWl.jpg

wp6TJkWl.jpg

y3u0IRWl.jpg

VVekVxJl.jpg

oJ9YtWQl.jpg

clcHjdEl.jpg

bcKeYU7l.jpg

bloLGTcl.jpg

JfP4ZG8l.jpg

TrPutEQl.jpg

9JK3jLNl.jpg

vO7DeEpl.jpg

ryxx9y0l.jpg

RKZzEBel.jpg

nXvBO3Ml.jpg

m7ZWB8Yl.jpg

hmnKizLl.jpg

SkMvflnl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man... that looks awesome! That Deadpool suit has me intrigued though, I might try that once my skill level gets a bit higher :p Are you planning on doing any extra bits like you did with Venom's tongue?

HOLY COW!!!! Carnage turned out amazing just like venom did! Man that looks so sick bro. Great job to you and to your fiances' painting skills :)

Spot on with the paint bud. Love both builds. You really made an amazing crossover which I have seen many pics from cons which people just failed.

So much want... the blueing on venom was/is fantastic and the carnage paintjob is pretty damn insane!

Oh man... that looks awesome! That Deadpool suit has me intrigued though, I might try that once my skill level gets a bit higher :p Are you planning on doing any extra bits like you did with Venom's tongue?

Thank you. The only "extra" bit that is really needed for Carnage is the red energy sword. It's possible though that I might try to setup a photo shoot and make some fake tendrils for both Venom and Carnage. Other than that, Carnage is d.o.n.e DONE.
I still want to re-work venom.

HOLY COW!!!! Carnage turned out amazing just like venom did! Man that looks so sick bro. Great job to you and to your fiances' painting skills :)
Thank you very much, it was a fun project for both of us.

Spot on with the paint bud. Love both builds. You really made an amazing crossover which I have seen many pics from cons which people just failed.
Thank you, it was well received at the con and I was happy\impressed that so many people knew what I was instantly. I should have stuck around for the contests, because a guy in a regular carnage suit won haha!

So much want... the blueing on venom was/is fantastic and the carnage paintjob is pretty damn insane!
Thank you

Wow holy flippity flapping crap! This is awesome!
Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Haha thanks!

Both suits are amazing man! love it!:)
-Ian

Thanks man

As for right now, both suits are in storage for the winter. I've got some big life events happening for 2015 so I won't be able to work on craft as much as I'd like, but I hope to get in a good shoot with this guys and maybe re-do Venom with a different paint job that's just as bold as Carnage's.

Thanks for looking!

Hey all, long time no posts!

I've still been tinkering with these suits in between work\life, and a month or so ago I finally had a professional take some pictures with me and a friend since I can't wear both suits at the same time ;)

Here is a link to the imgur album that has them in full res

Here they are below. I'm hoping to have some of them edited by community members, if anyone is interested.

lSAD7Snl.jpg

JtDAXlBl.jpg

MlwVRSxl.jpg

KXLn7pXl.jpg

RruD6GYl.jpg

U9UcFDdl.jpg

Fr2enjbl.jpg

Attachments

• lSAD7Snl.jpg
    lSAD7Snl.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 305
  • JtDAXlBl.jpg
    JtDAXlBl.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 280
  • MlwVRSxl.jpg
    MlwVRSxl.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 295
  • KXLn7pXl.jpg
    KXLn7pXl.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 295
  • RruD6GYl.jpg
    RruD6GYl.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 288
  • U9UcFDdl.jpg
    U9UcFDdl.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 309
  • Fr2enjbl.jpg
    Fr2enjbl.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 309
That is incredible! That's definitely in the running for coolest crossover I've seen.

I Love that Venom helmet.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back