Macross/robotech helmet corroboration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockon13

I am hoping that this thread will help me out with my current little side project. A Macross pilot helmet and was hopping to find someone with better 3d molding skills then my own. And together with my researcher skills could help me make a better quality pepekura then the ones that currently exist

Hey bro, where are you from? i got a special file of the best helmet so far but is too high poly count, and ive tryed every menthod to reduce it but some parts endup pretty choppy, flatt edges end up wierd, etc etc. this is the example of the file whiout been touched.
Lz4K9Z7.jpg

Attachments

• Lz4K9Z7.jpg
    Lz4K9Z7.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 345
Hey bro, where are you from? i got a special file of the best helmet so far but is too high poly count, and ive tryed every menthod to reduce it but some parts endup pretty choppy, flatt edges end up wierd, etc etc. this is the example of the file whiout been touched.http://i.imgur.com/Lz4K9Z7.jpg

You will probably have to do a complete manual retopology if you want it to work well for Pepakura. You might be able to use Zbrush's ZRemesher & Decimation Master but the topology won't be as pretty as if you do it manually.

Guys, this post is from June 2014. Safe to say it's well passed the "necro" expiration date. It would be better to send a private message than to post in a thread that old.

Macross Plus Helmets are the best, Now that would be a fun little project. Im sure I could make an accurate 3d print one in rhino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back