Halo 2 Anniversary/Master Chief Collection Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Alright, people. Marines, Troopers, Spartans.

It's official, we'll be getting the Master Chief Collection this Fall. It will include every Master Chief-starring game from CE to Halo 4, bringing every multiplayer map to the table. It's also confirmed that we'll be seeing Halo 2 Anniversary in full HD, with re-worked assets and character models.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in asking the following:

WHO THE -YOINK- HYPE?

(Following edit: further assets/screens/resources/information will be appended to this post as they're released)

EDIT 09/06/2014@1930h:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection

Get your screens and info here.

Just look at that shot of Johnson. It could be a photo. If they managed to update the graphics that much, I'm impressed. But that shot of In Amber Clad just doesn't quite look right.

Oh well, looking foward to it!

pre orded cant wait..... hope the don't mess with halo 3-4 graphics as both are beautiful. wonder if the will remake reach and sell that later to bridge the gap between 5-6......

After the disappointment that was Halo 4 (for me at least), I am truly excited for this!

Same here. Halo 4 was a huge letdown. They removed more mechanics than they added new ones. I'm a bit worried about the Halo 2 remake because of what they showed of the forerunner structures at E3. The structures look too shiny and new, something I hated about Halo 4. Forerunner structures have always had this ancient brushed metal look to them, making you feel like you're walking around in what used to be an old civilization. By making all the metal so shiny you feel like the buildings around you are brand new. I'm a huge fan of how the forerunner sections of Halo 1-3 managed to create this great atmosphere, something I think they might not be able to recreate properly.

I can't wait to see it come to life! I have such great memories of Halo 2, being my first real experience with XBOX live, and both CE and 3 blew me away as well. 2 though, I can't wait to see that come back together. It was always the sense of grand scale that brought me to these games, and I must confess that 4, while demonstrating some of that massive scale, let me down because I never got that tense feeling like I did in CE or others. There was no sense of quiet foreboding, just one scrap after the next in an all out conflict all the time. Those final boards in 2, Silent Cartographer, The Library...

I'm looking forward so much to this release, I don't know where to start.

Just moving Halo: MCC thread over into Halo Discussion forum...

This game will get me to buy the XB One. I held off entirely on PS4/XBO until now, but this announcement pushed me over to get this system. Now I'm just waiting to hear if there will be an exclusive MCC console...

So, if anyone looks closley, there are some changes in the mark VI armor (in my opinion for the better)taking some previously flat surfaces and rounding them (I.E. the boot plates) and just some added detail (the knees)

Perhaps somebody might be will to try their hand at modeling these into pep files.

halo_master_chief_collection_6.jpg

Attachments

• halo_master_chief_collection_6.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 506
  • halo_master_chief_collection_6.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 402
They really should release it on PC as well.... 7 years after Halo 3 and it still hasn't been released on PC.

After the disappointment that was Halo 4 (for me at least), I am truly excited for this!

Same here. Halo 4 was a huge letdown. They removed more mechanics than they added new ones. I'm a bit worried about the Halo 2 remake because of what they showed of the forerunner structures at E3. The structures look too shiny and new, something I hated about Halo 4. Forerunner structures have always had this ancient brushed metal look to them, making you feel like you're walking around in what used to be an old civilization. By making all the metal so shiny you feel like the buildings around you are brand new. I'm a huge fan of how the forerunner sections of Halo 1-3 managed to create this great atmosphere, something I think they might not be able to recreate properly.

Hear hear! I got the impression while playing H4 that the developers hadn't really played previous games. Not to mention the worst atrocity.. the everything make over :facepalm H4 continues where H3 left off... yet Chief and everything looks different(WAY, way worse)... the layout around where you start is nothing like the layout we saw at the end of H3. With no explaination what-so-ever. The music was terrible, worse it was completely forgettable. The other games in the series have big iconic themes that you not only end up humming but the emotions they also evoke.

So, a "new" Halo game that looks, sounds AND plays like a Halo game is great in my book.

One thing i hope they don't change much is the soundtrack of halo 2. It was one of my first soundtracks I ever bought.

I though a remake of Halo CE would be nice but once it came out and I played it, I didn't really care for it, seeing as it was the exact same mechanics and base systems.
It may be just me because I still play the original Halo 1 and Halo 2 occasionally.

An HD remake is nice in a way, but I think that in order to make it truly something amazing they have to rework/recreate the game to fit in with nowadays standards. Now I don't mean stray from anything big, but rework/remake everything on a NEW engine, and smooth out all the stiff gameplay while still remaining true to the original. Because right now it is the original with some new graphics that don't even look that good. And having new graphics engine on a old engine just doesn't blend.

If you want to relive the experiences for the good old Halo 1 ,2 , and 3, I think it is best to play the original, now it is really nice to have them on the xbone but other then that I don't see the hype in a remake that is more like a port.

Now it would be truly amazing if they were to completely remake everything. Now it wouldn't be hard to do, seeing as they already have an entire game to go by, and all they could really do is improve it. It would be live experiencing it all over again.

Frozensnot I haven't heard them say anything about redoing and audio. As far as i remember the didn't touch H:CE when they made aniversary.

But I can't wait All t he teasers have me so incredibly hyped up for it. H2 is what got me into the series. And one of my Favorite quotes comes from this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the MCC is a great idea. I won't end up getting it though. Since it has Halo 4 with it , I t does not interest me that much.

Well, the soundtrack is being re-worked.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/listen-to-the-halo-2-anniversary-soundtrack-right-now

Just from the samples, the updated soundtrack sounds pretty dang good. Soundtracks seem to mean more to me when I play the game. Every time I hear a song on the original Halo 2 soundtrack, I can almost instantly remember what I was doing in the campaign (it also goes with most of the game soundtracks I have). I'm sure it will be the same kind of experience when I play the campaign again on the master chief collection.

Personally, I'm optimistic! I liked the HD version of CE well enough, sure there were some things that didn't feel right, especially when you put it up against Bungie's latter Halo titles. But that feel happens even if you go from Halo 2 or 3 back to CE, it's an old title now made for older systems. Our systems have evolved and so have our sensibilities now that we're used to them. Once you get into it you usually forget and enjoy the game and that's how it feels in CE-HD, they added some great stuff to it and I was OK with that really. Basically: I lost nothing. The gameplay was as it had been and I got to enjoy it with some nice(er) looking graphics.

Halo 2 is still my favorite and an HD remake will be drool worthy. 2 was IT for me, great gameplay, awesome soundtrack, you got to play as Chief and Arbiter and they both had *good* storylines, backstory, character growth, etc. Having it all touched up with modern graphics can't be a bad thing!
*if* they touch up the gameplay, I'll decide how I feel about it then, and if updating that beautiful soundrack doesn't hurt it, but only ads depth, then why not.

So me, I'm excited. Like most titles new or remade, I say: "Well hopefully it won't suck!" :)

I'm very excited about the collection. Just purchased an Xbox One in time for the MCC to come out and retired the Xbox 360 to our game room with a slightly lesser TV. I don't want to loose the ability to place some of the best Halo titles in my living room (#firstworldproblems, I know.) On top of having all of the great multiplayer action from through the years revitalized and populated I also look forward to the little things like the resolution jumps for Halo 3 and 4. The only thing I'm not excited for it the 20GB that will forever sit on my system as a patch. x_x I understand that this is primarily for multiplayer and that the single-player campaign can be played while this downloads slowly (at least for me) but with data sizes this high (I have another 22GB from Sunset Overdrive) I realize how quickly 500GB can go even if I usually buy physical discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back