Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Build: Photo Updates and stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoogami Snowfox

NOTE: Moved Original Post to my 2nd post.

Quick Touchup Update to represent the finished build here:

(1l) Agent Locke Helmet Step (11).jpg

E2 Supanova Sydney (1a).jpg

E6LAST Pax Melbourne, 2015 (1e).jpg

E6LAST Pax Melbourne, 2015 (1f).jpg

E6LAST Pax Melbourne, 2015 (1c).jpg

E6LAST Pax Melbourne, 2015 (1d).jpg
E4 EB Games Expo Sydney, 2015 (1).jpg

E4 EB Games Expo Sydney, 2015 (1b).jpg

E2 Supanova Sydney, 2015 (1d).jpg

E5 AMC, 2015 (1b).JPG

E5 AMC, 2015 (1).jpg

E3 Big W Toy Sale 2, 2015 (1b).jpg

E2 Supanova Sydney, 2015 (1b).jpg

E2 Supanova Sydney, 2015 (1c).jpg

Original Version before final touchups:

A build is never finished... Upgrades incoming soon.

Here are some pictures of the suit side by side with my 2 main references. On the left the live action trailer suit and on the right the in-game suit. When making mine I used both of these designs and merged them into my own take on it.

Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%201_zpsizoilmhx.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%202_zps081qgpqm.jpg

Upgrades I plan to do begin working on soon for the next convention:

- Rework on the visor, and light it up.
- Enlarge the chest at the front only to make the chest sit lower.
- Install lighting into the thigh pieces.
- Remove current undersuit lighting and reinstall only blue lighting with smaller tubing.
- Add cod plate armour.
- Repair broken thigh zip.
- Fix undersuit issues with the elbow and knee areas.
- Fix loose armour pieces where necessary.

How I built this so far:

Undersuit -

I decided to build the undersuit before I build any armour to make sure it would fix over it.
By making the undersuit 1st too it also helped me greatly when it came to building the armour.

To start I choose to draw up some concept designs of the undersuit.
I used Agent Locke images as my main reference but not all of the undersuit could be seen.
To solve this I used the Spartan IV undersuit designs from Halo 4 and 5.
By using these 3 main references I came up with the following design.

AgentLockeUndersuitStep25_zps913cbe7c.jpg

Once I had come up with the design next was to construct it.

I decided to build the undersuit in a total of 9 pieces:
Chest - Main piece with 2 front zips.
Arms - Connect to the shoulders by clips.
Gloves - Made from women's tights.
Thighs - Connect to the waist by zips.
Boots - Double soled [One inside and one detailed outside] Used fabrics to build the shoe.

The reason why I did this was to allow it to be easy to put on / take off.

I used the following steps to build it piece by piece.
Step 1: Free-hand pattern using undersuit sketch concepts as my reference.
Step 2: Create my templates.
Step 3: Cut out fabric and foam pieces for each template [x2]
Step 4: Iron each piece.
Step 5: Glue fabric to foam.
Step 6: Sew together and add elastic between pieces where needed.

AgentLockeUndersuitStep40to45_zpsf5c35415.jpg

The end product created this:

Completed%20Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit_zpsjmlwsuqw.jpg

Electronic Circuitry -

After a few weeks of research I decided to use EL Wire for the electronics.
EL Wire is basically lengths of wire which light up certain colours when connected to a power supply with the correct inverter.
I originally came up with the idea to make the lighting change colour over time but due to ceratin issues like space and looks I have decided to change it to just the one colour.

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Lighting%201_zpsyfs3ox1a.jpg

Below is my originally working EL Wire circuit.

Armour -

This build originally started with me wanting to create the new spartan's helmet from the upcoming Halo 5 Agent Locke.
Due to this only just being announced, there was no templates or previous builds to look to guidance for.
I recently had built a Halo 4 Pathfinder helmet out of foam and thought I would give this one a go with foam too.

The way I started building the helmet was a little different.

Using blurry reference pictures at the time, I drew up a 2d sketch of the helmet.
This allowed me to create templates for the build.
Next I used those templates to construct a cardboard prototype and then a finalised foam version.

This is the steps I took to make it:
Step 1: Drawing Design
Step 2: Create Templates during prototype
Step 3: Cardboard Prototype
Step 4: Adjust / upload Templates and print
Step 5: Foam Version
Step 6: Touch-ups / Hardening
Step 7: Painting
Step 8: Install visor and cooling fan

Agent%20Locke%20Helmet%20Build%20Steps%202_zpsyo1de9f6.jpg

Still to update on:
Chest
Shoulders
Forearms
Gloves
Thighs
Shins
Boots
Lightrifle
Magnum

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%201_zpsizoilmhx.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%201_zpsizoilmhx.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 962
  • Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%202_zps081qgpqm.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Suits%20side%20by%20side%202_zps081qgpqm.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 651
  • AgentLockeUndersuitStep25_zps913cbe7c.jpg
    AgentLockeUndersuitStep25_zps913cbe7c.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 821
  • AgentLockeUndersuitStep40to45_zpsf5c35415.jpg
    AgentLockeUndersuitStep40to45_zpsf5c35415.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 418
  • Completed%20Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit_zpsjmlwsuqw.jpg
    Completed%20Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit_zpsjmlwsuqw.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 447
  • Agent%20Locke%20Helmet%20Build%20Steps%202_zpsyo1de9f6.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Helmet%20Build%20Steps%202_zpsyo1de9f6.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Lighting%201_zpsyfs3ox1a.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Lighting%201_zpsyfs3ox1a.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
That was QUICK?!?! The Spartan hasn't even been revealed much and BOOM!!! a build thread is already up! I'd like to see how this'll turn out considering the fact that there is a severe lack of reference pictures for this build. Best of luck!

Ready to watch this one take shape! :D Good luck; I'll bet it turns out looking great! ^^

Hmm, you say Pathfinder, I'd lean more towards Soldier. But it certainly has elements of both. From the visor up certainly has more of the Soldier feel to it, while the lower half has more of the Pathfinder's swept-back contours. Either way, it's a cool looking helmet and it will be interesting to see how the build comes out.

I really wish you luck on this build, like the others said with the lack of references this will be difficult but I can't wait to see what you create!

Agent Lock? I thought it was Agent Clark? Oh well, either way, building this should be interesting since there isn't a whole lot of images to work from. :)

Agent Lock? I thought it was Agent Clark? Oh well, either way, building this should be interesting since there isn't a whole lot of images to work from. :)

Frank O'Connor confirmed it was Locke* in various interviews over the last few days,
The production codename was Marlowe for the NightFall casting news a few weeks back

Dude- this might be a next gen recon helmet. It hasn't gotten a facelift in about 3 halo games, and ONI spooks tend to wear recon.... Look at the little chin greeblie- it looks like h4 recons!

that or it's something new. Whatever.

Looks like H4 Hayabusa lol, Hopefully we can get a better look at this Agent Locke so I can start building and purchasing the Helmet.

can't wait to see build come together. It sort of reminds me of the warrior helmet mixed with busa and recruit.

Hello and welcome to my new thread.
In this thread I am going to attempt to build the new Oni Spartan's (Agent Locke's) Helmet.
From what I have read / been told, it is believed to be the Halo 5 version of the Pathfinder Helmet.

After learning alot from my previous Halo 4 Spartan build, and reading up on other great 405th members foam techniques, I want to give myself an interesting challenge.

At the time being reference pictures of the helmet is minimal but I will try my best to get it as accurate as possible.

I plan to scratch build it out of foam.
Its going to be a slow progress build because I will most likely take multiple attempts.

I plan to start building very soon.

Here are some of the reference pictures for the helmet I have been able to collect:

AgentLockReferencePic1_zps3e872246.png

AgentLockReferencePic8_zpsba5ccff9.png

AgentLockReferencePic10_zps942ffb16.png

AgentLockReferencePic5_zps43fcabd1.png

AgentLockReferencePic4_zpsa432508e.png

AgentLockReferencePic3_zpsb0cada0f.png

AgentLockReferencePic11_zpsfa0194b5.png

Next update coming soon...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

EDIT:

That was QUICK?!?! The Spartan hasn't even been revealed much and BOOM!!! a build thread is already up! I'd like to see how this'll turn out considering the fact that there is a severe lack of reference pictures for this build. Best of luck!

Less reference pics makes it more of a challenge :)

Ready to watch this one take shape! :D Good luck; I'll bet it turns out looking great! ^^

I really wish you luck on this build, like the others said with the lack of references this will be difficult but I can't wait to see what you create!

Fingers crossed I don't disappoint :)

Hmm, you say Pathfinder, I'd lean more towards Soldier. But it certainly has elements of both. From the visor up certainly has more of the Soldier feel to it, while the lower half has more of the Pathfinder's swept-back contours. Either way, it's a cool looking helmet and it will be interesting to see how the build comes out.

Dude- this might be a next gen recon helmet. It hasn't gotten a facelift in about 3 halo games, and ONI spooks tend to wear recon.... Look at the little chin greeblie- it looks like h4 recons!
that or it's something new. Whatever.

Looks like H4 Hayabusa lol, Hopefully we can get a better look at this Agent Locke so I can start building and purchasing the Helmet.

can't wait to see build come together. It sort of reminds me of the warrior helmet mixed with busa and recruit.

Now that I think about it the helmet is starting to feel like a new Commando Helmet from Halo Reach (aka Carter / Noble 1)... in the end I agree that its pretty cool.

Now for my 1st post of my designing stage.
I have only had a little bit of time earlier today to start on this but I am planning to do alot more tommorow.
( This is pretty much to show you I have begun :) )

Before I do any building of this helmet, I plan to try to sketch up as accurate as possible the helmet in detail.
This is so that I can get a good feel of the overall helmet while at the same time I can maybe use some of it as templates...
Please note I will most likely change this sketch up ALOT of times.

Starting with the visor area:
AgentLockeHelmetStep1_zps27162ee9.jpg

Next update very soon...

Attachments

• AgentLockReferencePic1_zps3e872246.png
    AgentLockReferencePic1_zps3e872246.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 706
  • AgentLockReferencePic8_zpsba5ccff9.png
    AgentLockReferencePic8_zpsba5ccff9.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 327
  • AgentLockReferencePic4_zpsa432508e.png
    AgentLockReferencePic4_zpsa432508e.png
    954.4 KB · Views: 327
  • AgentLockReferencePic10_zps942ffb16.png
    AgentLockReferencePic10_zps942ffb16.png
    196 KB · Views: 406
  • AgentLockReferencePic5_zps43fcabd1.png
    AgentLockReferencePic5_zps43fcabd1.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 334
  • AgentLockReferencePic3_zpsb0cada0f.png
    AgentLockReferencePic3_zpsb0cada0f.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 383
  • AgentLockReferencePic11_zpsfa0194b5.png
    AgentLockReferencePic11_zpsfa0194b5.png
    567.6 KB · Views: 442
  • AgentLockeHelmetStep1_zps27162ee9.jpg
    AgentLockeHelmetStep1_zps27162ee9.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 398
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It's slowly starting to come together.
Working on the chin area:

AgentLockeHelmetStep2_zpsec6f5087.jpg

Attachments

• AgentLockeHelmetStep2_zpsec6f5087.jpg
    AgentLockeHelmetStep2_zpsec6f5087.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 316
you know if you printed out the image blow it up 50% and then traced it you might be able you get it in one day.

you know if you printed out the image blow it up 50% and then traced it you might be able you get it in one day.

I was thinking about that, because it is a good idea, but unfortunatly the reference image isn't completely straight on, hence why I decided to go completely from scratch

Great job so far!

Interesting approach

It is a bit different to the norm, but in a good way.
I feel at the least it is giving me a more in depth look at the helmet, in turn will help greatly once I begin the prototype 1 build.

This looks like it is gonna be awesome when it is done, keep up the great work mate!

Hoping it will look good.
Pretty much everything I have learned from my last suit will be put to the test to try to make it as clean as possible.

Once again another small update.

Now that my costume stand is out of the way I can begin to work on this more and more.
Slowly working my way from the lower front down the side.

At this point I am going to begin to just create 1 side of the helmet and slowly try to work my way to the back.

AgentLockeHelmetStep3_zpsf1cb0e83.jpg

More to come soon...

Attachments

• AgentLockeHelmetStep3_zpsf1cb0e83.jpg
    AgentLockeHelmetStep3_zpsf1cb0e83.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 419
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Line by line it comes to life.
Have almost completed the side of the helmet.

AgentLockeHelmetStep4_zpsefd25196.jpg

Attachments

• AgentLockeHelmetStep4_zpsefd25196.jpg
    AgentLockeHelmetStep4_zpsefd25196.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 416
The drawings look really great! Appears to me like you've taken a couple drafting classes. The good part is you only have to draw half of the helmet as you can just flip the template over for the other side. It'd be awesome if a modeler could use your sketches to model the helmet ;) (I might be up for that task)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back