Jorge-052 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good!
I would try and find something to fill in the gaps of the shoulder collar on the chest piece. I'm not sure what all others have used, but I think clay might be a feasible option.

Looking good!
I would try and find something to fill in the gaps of the shoulder collar on the chest piece. I'm not sure what all others have used, but I think clay might be a feasible option.

Thanks. I used Lex's file for the chest but I managed to get the game-ripped one from Crimmson, which I've been working on lately so hopefully I'll have some updates soon. I've had a lot come up lately (work became real hectic trying to get our products into Walmart, school starting up again, and a lot more) so my projects haven't been worked on lately.

Carter may be the boss, but Jorge is a living, breathing death threat. Nobody messes with Jorge.

So Comicon is coming to Tampa August 1-3 and I've always wanted to build my favorite Spartan from Noble Team, Jorge. I've got a month to pull this out, let's see if I'll get it done in time! I have the next 3 weeks off of school so all my time will be dedicated to getting this done. It's been raining here nearly everyday so I haven't been able to paint my other 2 builds. I just got a little burnt out working 100+ hours on them, I needed a break with a new build xD. Seeing as Reach Spartan armor seemed to be the easiest armor to make, I hope it won't take too much time to get this done right. plus my foam-crafting skill is around 80 now.

Anyways let's get to pictures!

I've got the chest pretty much done:

IMG_1118_zps49d15d63.jpg

IMG_1119_zpsc5991cb0.jpg

IMG_1121_zps76db5043.jpg

The black parts on the back are recessed a bit and the other areas I used a router to carve the circles and ovals (kind of hard to see the depth because of the flash from the camera).

Luckily, Jorge has a huge backpack that covers the back of the torso so I don't really have to go into too much detail which will save loads of time.

I also have his weapon:

jorge_hmg_zps8bd3b615.jpg

It's the Halo 4 Turret that I modified a little bit to match Jorge's HMG (removed vertical grip/triggers and plate). Still missing is the part that covers the base of the barrel assembly and the oval details on the barrel assembly. Other than that it's nearly identical.

Next up on my list are the biceps/shoulders with the EVA and Grenadier perms.

I've got two of them a real pain for a scratch build.

Attachments

• IMG_1118_zps49d15d63.jpg
    IMG_1118_zps49d15d63.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1119_zpsc5991cb0.jpg
    IMG_1119_zpsc5991cb0.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1121_zps76db5043.jpg
    IMG_1121_zps76db5043.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 148
  • jorge_hmg_zps8bd3b615.jpg
    jorge_hmg_zps8bd3b615.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 141
It's only a couple days until showtime...I hope you are somewhat finished with it! On the bright side, there will always be other cons if you don't finish. I'm really looking forward to the finished turret in all its glory.

The BorosBoss, please be aware that posting a response to a thread that's over two or three months inactive is considered necroposting, which is against the forum rules. Check the dates of the previous post before entering your own - if it's been more than two months or so without any activity, please reconsider your response.

The only time necroposting would be considered acceptable is if you have content to add to the topic - such as reporting broken links, or submitting a new file to a file thread. If your responses are simply one-word congratulations, I would seriously reconsider.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are clearly passionate about your work, I love all the care you are taking with the detail. Nice Job! Can't wait to see more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back